BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I’m thinking either Brutes or Jackals. Either way, they look cool.

I have to say that this art book is just amazing. Lots of incredibly interesting concepts (and some of them kinda weird, like two headed Kulta, or snake Kulta).

What I found really interesting was that concept art showing Umarak creating the portal to the Shadow Realm. It shows that “the fog creates a Black Forest”

4 Likes

Wait a minute…

Ha!

15 Likes

Need I say more?

5 Likes

Hey look the Mask of Time:

10 Likes

20 Likes

Cave Flyer? You mean @prpldragon.

16 Likes

What would the art book be without a couple of memes?
http://i.imgur.com/c5vAtrG.png
http://i.imgur.com/jt7zDQq.png

16 Likes

Why couldn’t we have gotten this.

He’s sure as heck not bringing it to us.

7 Likes

We did. In translucent apple green. :wink:

1 Like

So here’s an interview that was posted today, with three members of the bionicle team. But the interview took place before g2 was cancelled.

3 Likes

From the interview

All the elements we make have to fit into the LEGO grid, because if we do a sword for BIONICLE, the next year it may be used in LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ or whatever, so everything has to fit together.

… Did anything from Bionicle G2 actualy get used in other LEGO themes?

Im actualy wondering now.

By the way, i can’t help but feel that possible comments in the comment section on that interview, would probably be mostly about people hating on these guys for ruining Bionicle, because as we have seen, most of the G2 dislikers like to point at the easiest target they can find, and what easier target are there but the people who were in charge of G2.

3 Likes

yes, kopaka/tahu 2015’s sword piece was used in some ninjago set

2 Likes

@Alvarado9660

Just read the interview. Gotta say, I’m not too into the fact that constraction set pieces are required to be designed in a way that isn’t very theme specific. I don’t like that at all. It explains a lot about why we haven’t gotten new “humanoid” footmolds, and why we’re srill using the same basic HF 2.0 torso shape.

7 Likes

I am glad that the Lego theme gave a good reason to use CCBS in Bionicle, and it’s the reason we came up with, to make a system more like Lego.

2 Likes

but that piece came out before Bionicle G2

Did it? In which set?

My bad i thought you were talking about Tahus gold swords

Topic closed due to overwhelming post count.

#please continue the discussion on the new G2 topic here.

5 Likes