BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Pretty much. A single set being put on sale doesn’t really tell anything.
If it were all the creatures instead then that’s an another case.

Oh. And I noticed something on the top.
I see, people already figured it out. Anyways, here’s my take on it.
http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1468459670275.png

5 Likes

This is not to you, but in general…People should just shut it about the sales.

2 Likes

Well, yes and no. Back when it was only a few people getting sales, it was pretty invalid, but now nearly every store has them on sale, so it is pretty easy to assume they mean something.

1 Like

Does the mask of ultimate power look like a warped 2015 mask of water to anyone else?

Yeah sorry about that, just thought it was odd that QB was already on sale.

1 Like

People can discuss what they want. If they want to talk about the sales, they can.

3 Likes

No they cant, people get banned cause they couldnt discuss something. So your statement is false.

Also by your logic I have every right to say someone should shut it just as much as they have the right to talk.

I’m sure someone shared that image before and that we came to the conclusion that they had likely mistakenly put Quake Beast in with the other sets OR they had included Quake Beast to convince people to get the summer wave (A sort of ‘collect them all’ ideology)

Akida is likely on sale for the ‘collect them all’ side of things - given if you get one creature you’d probably be encouraged to get more in order to replicate the show or have the whole group.

E.g. if you get Akida you’ll be encouraged to do the combo model with Gali, then you’d be encouraged to get the rest of the creatures or Toa

Personally I’m not seeing much of a resemblance, other than potentially the idea of the ‘fin/spike’ or how the top of the mask is sort of flat above the fins.

4 Likes

And people can get banned for telling people what to do, basically doing my job. That’s what you’re doing, and it violates the policy of the site.

Except you’re not supposed to be rude to other users. Now that is quite enough.

As long as it relates to 2016, it’s OK. If they want to talk about the sales of the 2016 sets, they can talk about that.

1 Like

I can also tell them to stop talking about it since its getting really annoying by this point, especially everyone going into a panic state of doom and gloom afterwards.

Why cant we talk about the positive stuff of it all instead of focusing on statistics in which they have no deeper understanding of? And if the line ended, so what, its not the end of the world.

It looks more like a warped/enhanced Kulta mask/head.

In all fairness, you can tell them. However, they do not have to listen to you at all, and you shouldn’t be telling them in the first place. This isn’t your website, nor is it acceptable for you to be telling others to shut up or stop discussing something. Do not do that again, this is your only warning. Any further rudeness will result in a suspension.

12 Likes

Guys, you can’t believe this! I went to a Lego Store and Tahu was 19.98 instead of 19.99.

That sale tho… Bionicle is doomed forever…

13 Likes

Everyone thinks the large amount of sales are bad, but did it ever occur to anyone that the big sales in stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and some Lego Stores earlier this year up to now were actually just a result of the exclusivity deal?

When a deal like that is struck, retailers won’t be able to buy more stock AND they have to quickly get rid of their items. With ToysRus, I think the sales are there primarily to promote the theme and raise the awareness of its recent large presence in ToysRus.

6 Likes

Pretty much this…

or at least the second part, unsure if its accurate for the first part of a store having to rush to get rid of stock and everything when future items from that theme become exclusive to a certain store, though it would make sense and explain the large amount of deals.

Either way, people should use this as an opportunity to make the most of the sales and get the sets they are missing OR duplicates :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Right, because that’s a likely case considering delivery dates, stock orders, and extensive databases mean nothing if the toys look similar.

This is one of the most flawed sale reasoning theories I’ve heard. Slip ups and mistakes happen, but it’s ridiculous to believe a massive, modern, chain store like TRU would accidentally put a whole wave of products on sale because “They thought it was from last year”. Who even is ‘They’ in this statement? A single group of people who decides what goes on sale? Because if that is what you’re implying, I think you’re vastly underestimating the scope and research of such an operation.

Lava Beast’s summary even advertises him as; “The only Elemental Beast in the 2016 LEGO® Bionicle® series that can fly”. I can’t tell you why the Beasts were put on sale, but I can say with absolute certainty it wasn’t because they were mistaken for last year’s sets.

6 Likes

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the wider sale TRU is doing.[quote=“Apophyx, post:28829, topic:15529”]
What I’m saying is that TRU probably botched the job in their database.
[/quote]

Even that is extremely unlikely. A mistype doesn’t go far when compared to internal product information and stock orders. Even with a local case, one can clearly see that QB and Akida don’t belong with 2015 by simply comparing the boxes and names with those from 2016 and 2015.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s wholly true, but it seems to be the most logical explanation. If a certain product once sold at your store is becoming exclusive to another retailer, you wouldn’t want excess of that product cluttering your shelves and preventing you from ordering other product that you can sell. Thus, the best way to remove them is to attempt to sell them at a reduced price, so you can clear the way for more lucrative product.

3 Likes

That’s what I was trying to convey, but I couldn’t think of the best way to explain it. :stuck_out_tongue:

My main point is that since those retailers can’t stock new sets anymore, the sets they have are a liability. They’re just taking up space and they’re also all old. Informed parents and kids aren’t going to be going to these stores for BIONICLE, since they won’t be carrying the latest wave and waves to come. All these retailers can do is put their stocked items on big sales and hope that some kids will buy the old sets so that they can have free shelf space for other things.

All of the ludicrous sales we saw earlier at Wal-Mart and other stores (such as the $5.00 creatures) were most likely a result of the exclusivity deal between ToysRus and LEGO (which is also affecting other well performing themes like LEGO Friends). What we thought was BIONICLE being unsuccessful might have been BIONICLE performing so well enough for a constraction line that ToysRus struck a deal with LEGO, and it became their exclusive.

A deal like this takes a bit of planning and time to be implemented, and the 2016 wave already had a weird soft release at its start, which might mean that the deal was being talked over at the start of this year. We’re just now seeing it come into fruition.

6 Likes