BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

@DarkHenrik
Maybe just in America, but maybe other countries still have it?

Can anybody provide a link (if they still can)?

I think he needs a better mic. That high pitch feedback is giving me a headache.

MAKUTA INSTRUCTIONS ALERT
Imgur
Don’t think these have been posted here

Once again credit to @Cyber-Hand

6 Likes

This is interesting. Bionicle updated their profile photo.

Makes me think that 2017 would have red as it’s color, similar too how 2015 had blue and 2016 had green. Kinda like what could have been.

28 Likes

Maybe since Lego said that the last wave of sets will be released in the Fall, then there may be a final Makuta set released then. Highly unlikely and probably will never happen. Just hope we get instructions for it.

4 Likes

I don’t know why, but this kind of makes me sad.

1 Like

Sigh, as if we needed more reminders about the cancellation and what could have been

3 Likes

That’s incredibly unlikely (borderline impossible), especially after they made a statement saying they weren’t.

…but I won’t deny that it’s not completely out of the question. I’ve seen companies everywhere deny something that exists purely to preserve the surprise factor. If they did plan on releasing one as a surprise way to end 2016, they probably would deny its existence and plans for its final release and give us PR bull. However, hoping that’s the case is just setting yourself up for disappointment. At this point, it’s best to assume that we just aren’t getting the MoUP and that the summer wave are the last things we get.

12 Likes

2016 isn’t over yet, so there’s still time for them to pull something like that.
One could doubt they’d whimsically decide to completely wipe a line after consistently building up towards a full proper ending and even launching a contest (for the promotion of which they designed a new mold etcetera).
Then again, they might have known it had to be cancelled for a while, and they just decided to make do with what they’d already produced and contracts that were still ongoing and close the curtain after all that was over and done with.
I’m inclined to opt for the latter in terms of expectations, it’s all been very shoddily done and what they’re doing right now is soften the blow for bonkle fanatics with a half-baked contest.
Why the MOUP physically exists, though, is beyond me.
Maybe you guys figured it out already and I just haven’t read it yet, but that just seems weird.[quote=“Tarvaax, post:31097, topic:15529”]
It doesn’t physically exist as a mold that can be put into production as far as we know. What you see on the JtO/contest models by the designers are 3D printed prototypes made so that they could be used to help make the models in JtO. It’s the same reason why they made a Shadow Spawn Umarak.
[/quote]

That’s fair enough! I guess all I can say about that is that I find it very unpleasant that they used it on the example models for the Makuta contest…

It doesn’t physically exist as a mold that can be put into production as far as we know. What you see on the JtO/contest models by the designers are 3D printed prototypes made so that they could be used to help make the model in JtO. It’s the same reason why they made a Shadow Spawn Umarak.

3 Likes

The problem is that I don’t even like the model for Makuta. For a combiner it cool. But I want an actual set for Makuta like the overlord one.

2 Likes

I have no idea how they made the shoulders on this thing. The model itself is so overly complex, those skeleton pictures don’t help very much

3 Likes

I uploaded that link 8 posts above

1 Like

OMG IT WOULDVE BEEN RED?!?! Wow this would have been an awesome year. ■■■■ it LEGO! :frowning:

4 Likes

Its red to symbolise the butchering of Bionicle. The red is actually the life liquid of the line going all over the background.

11 Likes

aka Blood.

Man… that actualy makes it rather unsettling.

6 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like the acid on the logo of the newest profile photo are done in both blue and green, kind of bonding the two years together.

7 Likes

Yeah I think it does! Sweet. Blue into green. Nice touch Lego.

2 Likes

I think it’s wonderful that they’re promoting the contest by changing their banner and profile picture. It makes me kind of happy to see them put the effort into the little things like that, even with all of the backlash they keep getting. I love LEGO, and everyone that worked on G2.

Although, it does feel a bit like it’s borderline foreshadowing, I hope people don’t get their hopes up for something that isn’t coming.

5 Likes

You mean…another wave of Bionicle? No, I don’t think anyone has high hopes of that happening.