BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

pohatu’s trans colors are still trash. I gues I should be happy we are getting trans yellow now

WHAT?! WHEN?! HUH?!

Holy crap. Like seriously.

Heck…

Holy cow these guys…they’re amazing…

Giddy with excitement joy squealing

Okay, so here we go. First up, holy new torso piece. Yes, I love it, don’t know how the heck I’m gonna use it other than a torso piece, but yea, good. I was wondering how it all worked. Great options for customization, and it would appear that the gearbox for the arms would work on there too, but the shoulders would be pretty far back. I love it.

Back coverage is a lot better than expected, Tahu absolutely blew me away with more Bohrok eyes BEHIND the Bohrok eyes. Same for everyone else. I can’t see Kopaka’s back, so I’m interested in seeing how he works, and also I can’t see Gali’s back construction well either.

Umarak looks pretty good, but I might put a tire on his waist considering his chest armor sticks a little far out. Also, his shoulders are really low, but I can see an easy fix for that. His mask looks great too, and I love his Uxar combination!

The new eye stalks are excellent, the still flip I see, but it’s a lot less easy to do so with the back of the stalk now. They also add to the “hair” aesthetic.

Creatures I didn’t bother to look at in depth, maybe another time. Ikir is still awesome :blush:

All the new masks look rad, Pohatu and Tahu’s are my favorites, with Lewa and Onua in close second. Although, they all look really weird from the side…

The silver Creature heads don’t clash as much as I thought they would, but I might still paint them or something…or swap out a gold head?

Also, yellow 3 length axels on Lewa. Just saying…

In all I still say “Oh my goodness” for this whole wave. Literally I was welling up with excitement as I saw these. Blew my expectations away. Well done LEGO, well done.

8 Likes

…yeah I may be buying them all…■■■■ it, LEGO

2 Likes

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Sorry it seems like I was channeling George Takai a second there.

1 Like

Akida has trans half-beams?!

12 Likes

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/71305_alt4?op_■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=png-alpha

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/71306_alt3?op_■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=png-alpha

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/71307_alt4?op_■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=png-alpha

Idk how I feel about a gold mask and then a silver top :confused:

Edited to remove pictures - Slime

2 Likes

Umarak has his chest piece on the front in same style as Kulta. So it’s highly possible it has a pin hole on the balljoint too like on the small torso.

3 Likes

Well it looks like Umarak will be the first set I get.

1 Like

lewa can pull off the silver w/gold mask, since he has a ton of silver on him already, but the others look kind of weird

2 Likes

Whow, these look better every time I see them. There are still clearly some issues with gappyness but still. They are just so good, best toa ever in my opinion, and Umarak looks awesome too.

The only thing is that the silver on gold combos look weird to me. I would say Onua is my favorite.

1 Like

LEGO
pls
staph

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/591/960/b5c.jpg

So…much…epicness

5 Likes

Terak’s tail placement is a bit…odd

1 Like

These are amazing

I love all of they looks.

1 Like

It’s a lever that triggers the digging function. Ikir, Melum and Uxar have the same.

4 Likes

those already exist but I don’t have them so :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

These look amazing!
Originally I didn’t like Kopaka that much but now I think he looks amazing (though those gold parts still seem a little bit odd)!

Also, while looking at these pictures, it appears that Lewa’s and Pohatu’s arms are too short, especially Lewa’s since his arms seem to barely reach his hips!

1 Like

…WOW.

Umarak looks like a freaking devil ready to bring hell upon the toa…

Welp now with that out of the way, I love all the combos…however my opinion remains the same, silver mask should have been a thing.

2 Likes

Holey axles, you’re right

Available in only one obscure Elves set

In response to numerous customer’s complaints regarding the lack of lower leg coverage on CCBS sets, Lego has come up with a solution; a half-pin

28 Likes

Still better than Tahu 2015

Is it just me, or do most of the Toa look better without their entire eye-sockets glowing? I feel like it makes them feel less ‘alien’ - particularly Pohatu, now that his eyes aren’t so huge and bulbous my opinion of his mask has positively skyrocketed!

And one more thing…

…No? … Yeah, you’re right, it’s a bit of a stretch. Really though, them sunken cheekbones on Pohatu.

20 Likes