Bionicle Eternal Wave 1 Model Culmination

Welcome back to the BIONICLE Eternal Fan Project!

Bionicle Eternal is a story-based project, with custom constraction models representing important characters from the tale. Visit our advertising thread on these boards for more information about the project and its members, and also our website, where you can read about the lore, story, and characters.

Even though we have no more models lined up for release, our first wave of content has not yet ended. We still have three more chapters to release over the next weeks. All of our currently available content–twelve models, three written teasers, and one main story–are available at the links below, or on our weekly updated website.

Week 1 (1/12018) - Matoran Group 1 (Sukiru and Melody), and one teaser
Week 2 (1/8/2018) - Matoran Group 2 (Brahn and Katta), and one teaser
Week 3 (1/15/2018) - Matoran Group 3 (Saburo and Shu-Tural), and one teaser
Week 4 (1/22/2018) - Toa 1 (Maerkon), and Chapter 1 (Beginning of Act 1)
Week 5 (1/29/2018) - Toa 2 (Vineon), and Chapter 2
Week 6 (2/5/2018) - Toa 3 (Kerila), and Chapter 3
Week 7 (2/12/2018) - Toa 4 (Friana), and Chapter 4
Week 8 (2/19/2018) - Toa 5 (Yeela), and Chapter 5
Week 9 (2/26/2018) - Toa 6 (Grillon), and Chapter 6
Week 10 (3/5/2018) - Chapter 7
Week 11 (3/12/2018) - Chapter 8
Week 12 (3/19/2018) - Chapter 9 (Conclusion of Act 1)

Today we have to offer a small culmination of the last nine weeks of releases, including additional pictures, a how-to for the Bionicle Eternal matoran frame, and additional messages from members of our team.

BIONICLE Eternal Wave One Model Culmination

Toa teaser.

All toa.

All Wave 1 models!

Matoran How-To

All matoran of this wave were built upon one highly customizable frame. In case any of your were curious or interested, I thought I would show how to build one. We’ll use Shu-Tural as a model.

Parts

These are the parts necessary to build one of the frames. Keep in mind that the colors of these parts can be changed to customize the color scheme of the model. Predominantly light gray was used for Shu-Tural.

Frame and Exploded View

Assembly

Main torso.

Add halfbeam curve 3x5 and attach neck piece.

Add second halfbeam curve 3x5 and attach head.

Attach limbs.

Customization

Add transparent highlights with bohrok eyes and round 1x1 tile.

Add system and technic pieces to torso, along with feet and hands.

Add CCBS shells and mask.

You’re done!

And now a word from team lead @jayzor17

Hello, all, and thank you for your support so far. While this marks the end of our current wave of sets, Bionicle Eternal as a whole is just getting started. We have more of our story to be released in the coming weeks, and even more models planned farther down the line.

That being said, any and all feedback is appreciated. Hearing that you enjoyed certain sets or part of the story is heartwarming, and criticism helps us to do better in the future.

I would like to thank my fellow staff-members as well; they do a very good job at making me feel like a slacker with all of the hard work and energy they’ve put into this project.

If there’s anything else you would like to see from us, let us know. Other than that, enjoy!

32 Likes

They look great!

I would say the best part is that they all look they belong in the same universe.

1 Like

They were all designed by Rocka here, so yes, that was definitely the idea.

A how to? Sweet!
Now, all of your mocs are very good. I really like the Toa, and the Matorans are pretty OK too. I didn’t have the time to study your project properly, but I will try in the near-ish future.

The main problem I have with them is that the torsos are usually far too complex and detailed compared to the simple limbs. Although at this scale I can totally see why you kept the limbs rather simple most of the time. Still I’d say that given that some of the MOCs might have profited from less intricate looking torsos.

However, there’s no denying that they really fit together in terms of their look - nice job keeping it consistent!

1 Like

That’s a really good point and I think I’ll be able to use it on later releases. I’m looking forward to refining how I build and detail smaller models in the future.

1 Like