Bionicle feminine proportion Help Wanted

Best option? If you wanna make a female MOC that’s ACCURATE with proportions, I suggest drawing it down first to see if you can do proper proportions. If not, practice.

If not, beats me. I’m not good at this either lol.

2 Likes

Moved to Lego Creations - Crusader of the Red Dawn
Larger thighs and smaller feet. Don’t even attempt to use Inika feet or larger because it won’t work unless your character is massive.

The lower legs also tend to slope down unless you’re going for the boot aesthetic. Slimmer shoulders and the obligatory upper body armor design of your choice - not recommending Nuva shoulders because they are very difficult to use properly.

3 Likes

The chestplate itself is a great piece, I just don’t think the use of the shoulder pads as a chest works well at all.

If you’re referring to the singular piece used on the Nuva as a chestplate, I agree. I disagree if you are referring to the use of the shoulderpads as “boobs.”

2 Likes

@joe thanks that would work well.

I’m referring to the chestplate. The shoulder pads are not for me.

1 Like

So I’ve personally found that having a single “Nuva-boo-b” is usually better.
EG:

IMO as long as you meld it well it creates a much more subtle shape, and allows less wide shoulders.

1 Like

I’d recommend against it, if you don’t have much experience with MOCing. It’s very hard (but possible) to make them work. If you have little experience, I recommend finding another method (not all females are defined by large breasts, anyways).

1 Like

True, but is using the Nuva boobs showing larger Brest depending on the moc it can make them looker smaller and larger and will be choosing the chestplate.
U thing I will use the CCBS build due to lack of pieces.
Thanks @StudentScissorsbi will
Keep that in mind

I don’t really know what advice to give that hasn’t already been given, and I cant really tell you what pieces to use because then that’s no longer your vision.
I can say however to do a bit of study on anatomically correct drawings, and of people and then block out a similar shape to what you think is appropriate for the character in pen/pencil. You don’t need to be especially talented at drawing or anything, and it’s only ever going to be seen by you for reference (unless you feel the need to share it too!), so get the shapes, stance and proportions down and work from there using the mock-up as a guide to find the right parts out of what you have to fill out and form the figure appropriately.

Of course, this is all probably a little more effort than what most people go through when they start building something, but I always practice it before I start building so I have an idea of exactly what I’m trying to build.

Good luck!

Thanks for the idea,my friend drew a really cool picture of her I can use

1 Like

Needs nuva boobs and nuva butt and a nuva head. Also make it extremly thin in the waist and give it high heels and long hair and make it look like Justin Bieber. (I’m sick so don’t blame all of kopeke for this post just blame the sick side. Which is all of Kopeke [I really shouldn’t be on today.])

For proportions I ussually compare mine to my other Mocs or just build a basic ccbs figure to act as a guide. Also I’d recommend just doing a nuva chestplate for your first female since nuva boobs can make or break a moc.

really bugs is to all the helpful tips I have gotten lately with this, thanks and please continue helping me out with this moc. So far I have a design picked as she will be a Toa of water, and the basic armor and bones built. When you see her you will an imbalance of silver as I am working on that please send some quick fixes for the stomach and neck area.

1 Like

Looks reasonably proportioned. Nice job.

2 Likes

Thanks what bugs me the most is the complex covered back and uncovered pelvis area

1 Like

So I drew these to help somewhat. Exaggeration is a little at play here but it’s as accurate as I can get it.

2 Likes

That helps as while you have extravagated it is a great base for me to use in the future, and for improvement.

…that’s actually a really useful drawing. I’m about to start on a female MOC and that’s quite a well done sketch.

Of course, knowing me, the thighs will be like twice the size because that’s just a thing for all my MOCs :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A good design concept I found somewhere (can’t remember where or who) used large shoulders and large hips, it keeps with feminine portions but doesn’t use the controversial nuva boobs. Gali Master does this quite well with the shoulders.

Take a good look at actually female proportions. women have a massive variety of potential proportions but its important, just like with any other moc really, to keep in mind what your goal is. If your fem-moc is supposed to be big and burly use a big and burly reference and so on.

The trick is to see the moc as just another character that exists and breathes and not an object or manifestation of just desire.

Not to tout my own horn but I’ve made multiple female mocs with different proportions. Feel free to take a look around my gallery.

1 Like