BIONICLE G1 Nostalgia Topic

I don’t cry! No! I can’t cry!

cries

4 Likes

Ah, let me tell you guys about my first memory of Bionicle…

It was just another usual early morning. 1-3 year old me(can’t remember my age) had just woken up. My parents were out but I didn’t know. When I searched for them around the house something caught my attention in the living room: Tahu, in his canister. It was the original Tahu in a canister just standing there in his glory. young me was awestruck: In place of my parents I had found the Tahu they left for me while they were at work. I wobbled toward the glorious canister, then opened it and constructed Tahu. It was the best day of my young-self’s life.

8 Likes

Nostalgia started in 2013 when I learned the storyline existed.

3 Likes

@Hawkflight
20 years from now you’ll look back and say nostalgia restarted when you bought Omega Tahu :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Well, nostalgia started for me when I finished 2001 Pohatu and got him kicking his rock (much to my sister’s envy for some reason). But easily my best nostalgia moment(s) is getting Boxor and taking two days to build him, and somehow managing to move across my living room while making it. Or maybe it was building Lewa Nuva and Gali Nuva in England with my grandparents on a (oddly :stuck_out_tongue: ) rainy day… Oh there’s too much nostalgia to put in one post .-.

2 Likes

Same here.

These videos always gave me nostalgia.

9 Likes

I cri evry tme…

Le-Koro Band is the best band

The flutes at 2:43 … :relaxed:

Also, this

The Tibetan horn at 0:36 is the best…which by the way, I heard the exact same sound in an Indian movie, but I forgot which. I guess this shows that the original soundtrack creators took sounds from various sources?

3 Likes

These

6 Likes

I get super nostalgic looking at stuff from 07 and 08

04 is the most nostalgic

2 Likes

IDK, I’ve been on a nostalgia binge all day due to seeing some pictures of the 01-03 store displays earlier. So, I decided to make a topic where you can post pictures of… well… whatever from the 01-10 original run of Bionicle. Could be fun. Also, the pictures aren’t necessarily the crux of the topic- this is fully open to side conversation with roots around “Bionicle nostalgia” produced by the picture. So favorite parts of a year, personal experiences, etc. are fine.

Admins, I’m not sure whether this would go on artwork or whatever… if it does, you can move it.

6 Likes

Why doesn’t LEGO display the 2015 sets as beautifully as this?

14 Likes

Because the new Bionicle is in boxes, not these wonderful canisters they used to have.

11 Likes

Why only those years?

1 Like

You said 01 to 04, but I didn’t get into bionicle back then. I am nostalgic for this though.

He was my first set.

12 Likes

Eh, I suppose it can be any year. :smiley: I’ll change the description. Also… this picture screams so much 2002…

And 3 for 19.99, where did these days go :joy:

24 Likes

Ahh… olden days…

1 Like

A photo from 2006 (not mine), in a Toys R Us

24 Likes

$4 for a bionicle water bottle, I want one.

wait…

what’s that in the top left?!

6 Likes