BIONICLE G1 Nostalgia Topic

I have really fond memories of seeing the Vahki in 04 catalogues. It was only when I got them all last year that I realized: “Dang, these arms are really annoying to pose”.

8 Likes

Sometimes I wished this would have happened:

Jokes aside, I must say that as I found my old Bionicle comics again, I read all of them again. And because I was into the story, I went to Biomedia and read the other ones I didn’t have. Then I heard about the alternate timelines and Takanuva’s adventure and read summaries of them. I didn’t know that alternate universes in the storyline existed(perhaps the one above exists too :wink: )

5 Likes

Got the 6 Toa Mata´s in reddit LEGO gift exchange yesterday. They were like brand new, even the pieces was in perfect condition.

2 Likes

Welp, everyone grab their pitchforks and torches.

3 Likes

I was on BIONICLE | VK and I stumbled upon what appears to be collectible tokens found in what I presume would be Cheetos bags. They seem to be exclusive to Russia and everyone seems to feel extremely nostalgic about these (some saying that they even shed tears when seeing these), and claim that they had tokens of the Toa. But no one ever bothered to explain the specifics or origins on these strange trinkets

Anyone familiar with these care to shed some light on the topic?

6 Likes

I remember looking at and ordering things form catalogs. That was nostalgic.

2 Likes

Honestly, the G1 2001-2002 Toa canisters just look… Beautiful. They really do.

5 Likes

16 Likes

What is Matau gonna do with that saw? :anguished:

4 Likes

Off wif 'is head!

9 Likes

The Le-matoran look strangely evil here.
Maybe they kept a bohrok-va to enact vengeance on? /s

1 Like

Lets chant!

sac-rifce, sac-rfice, sac-rifce

3 Likes

Most of the Bionicle Heroes soundtracks will get me teary-eyed. Especially:

or

6 Likes

Vezon’s Awakening is one of the best tracks of BIONICLE Heroes.

3 Likes

First sets were Bohrok. I’d seen the others in leaflets that fell out of smaller sets (Mostly space, loved me some Life on Mars) and not really been interested. Then I got Gahlok and Lehvak for my birthday and I was hooked. Forever. And now I find myself longing for the Halcyon days of 01-08 Bionicle, because it was the single greatest thing ever.

3 Likes

My first exposure to BIONICLE was the 2006 McDonalds toys, believe it or not. I was around 4 years old when my Mom took me to McD’s for a Happy Meal. I opened it up and i found a miniaturized Hahli Inika staring back at me. Now, i didn’t know what BIONICLE was at this point, but I knew that my Hahli toy was super rad, and that I wanted more. We didn’t eat that much fast food, but I’m pretty sure you could just buy individual toys if you wanted, and that’s what my parents did for me. It was great. I didn’t know these characters names, however, and I just gave them nicknames. I had two Nuparu Inika toys for some reason and they both had one loose, wobbly leg. I honestly think I named him “Wobblyleg” after that. I was only missing Reidak, Zaktan and Vezok, and the following year I got Kalmah, Carapar, and Nuparu Mahri (Didn’t get any from '08, though), and I still have all the ones I collected, though some '07 ones are missing accessories. I don’t know how many of you will get a kick out of this, but these are pretty nostalgic for me..

10 Likes

Of all the things to be nostalgic about…

4 Likes

Eyy same here! I had a Matoro McD toy. They may look goofy, but the details are surprisingly accurate to the real thing

He had this weird windup-like string on his chest which worked like a grappling hook of sorts…only him and Zaktan had that weird gimmick. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Ah yes, Matoro’s obnoxiously loud hook thingy… The other Toa got cool light up swords and launchers, but he got… String.

4 Likes