BIONICLE G2 Discussion Topic

Why would Tahu be white?

I think it was just a “generic Bionicle placeholder”…

3 Likes

If they later changed it then why is it a prototype for JtO? This is before they made the series not after.

look at it in this way, They originally makes it for G2, LEGO calls up and tells them that they are going with animations instead, and then they are told to make JtO for the 2016 wave instead, plus also being told to only use the Uniter designs to promote the new sets.

1 Like

I think they used the Master design because it was the best one available at the time. Or maybe it was a transition in the concept art. When they were trying to go from Master to Uniter with that. But I doubt some random company would’ve known of the Bionicle reboot before it was announced. Lego would’ve probably gone with the show instead of the animations if that had got to them first. As far as I’m concerned they didn’t have any ties with the company that made the thing before the Netflix show.

I just wanted to tell my story of G2 since the anniversary just happened.
My friend and I both had heard about bionicle coming back and we had both seen our brothers playing with bionicles from G1 and I had even gotten involved in the later years(which is why 2008 was my fav year from G1) Also keep in mind that I’m only in high school now so I was too young to even know what bionicle was when it came out. So anyways the masters came out and my friend bought Onua, Lewa, and Tahu, while I bought Gali, Pohatu (my fav) and Kopaka. We had all the toa and a blast. I watched all the animations but the skull dudes weren’t great but I still bought skull warrior. Then my friend moved away and I lost interest in bionicle, but at the end of 2016 I got back into it.
I went and tried to find new sets but it was all gone. This is where ttv came in. I watched the recent reviews to get a look at the new sets and I started listening to the podcast. Now I have listened to almost all the podcast from 90- to present. I eventually found Lewa who is awesome and uxar online but I was really happy to find pohatu and ketar. Now while I don’t think ketar is a very good set, I’m going against Var and saying I love pohatu and his 14 ton keychain. I hope to get the kopaka and melum but idk if I will.
When I heard there was a tv show, I got on netflix and watched it, and I liked it. Ttv is awesome and may bionicle live forever on it’s channel.

These are just photos I edited together from the images on lego.com

There are 2 different photos

Edited for Triple Posting. @Capt_monkey03 please read our rules on multi-posting. Thanks! - Waj

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s worth sharing since this information isn’t really from a authentic source but from someone who posted it on 4chan:

"I’m not going in any details but I got to see some of the 2018 summer sets from the 2018 2HY catalog.
So,here are the most important things:
-No Nexo Knights summer wave which confirms the winter wave to be the last one.
>We do get Unikity sets. There are around 7-8 sets.
_What I remember I saw are a bike for the dog character,a big playset castle and some other small scenery playsets. _
>New CCBS theme! The new line is similar in its aesthetic with Bionicle and Hero Factory. It’s said to have a cartoon and app with scannable pieces. The theme is set in a computer world and we get 4 small robots “good guys” and 4 robots “bad guys”. We also get a bike,two big figures TOA size "hero and “villain” and a Titan size monster. They use a lot of new technic pieces and masks. We also have a new launcher.
This is all I got to see. Two new themes and the confirmation of the Nexo Knights ending. I heard there are also some Harry Potter and Fantastix Beasts sets in it. I can’t take any pictures and even if I would be able I wouldn’t do that to put in danger someones job. Goodbye and I hope you have a good day."

2 Likes

Wellllll…

If/when Nexo Knights dies I will be happy since it means castle may return.

Also a new CCBS theme would be pretty cool, although this sounds like there won’t be much behind it… however those ‘masks’ could be useful.

Overall though not sure if I trust any of this. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This reminds me so much of the pre leaks time in 2015.

I hope this is real. It’d totally fill the bionicle-shaped hole in my bionicle-shaped heart.

2 Likes

bawt biarnacle neva got a carton

2 Likes

well if this end up being true (which im not holding any hopes for) it would sound like LEGO might have learned something from Hero Factory and G2.

notably by having there be more small sets and few larger sets, which actually sound like it could work. Not sure if it will however.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve heard this from a few different sources, including the anon who posted this on Saturday. I don’t think that it’s llikely to be legitimate, but it’s certainly not impossible; there are definitely folks who have seen next year’s 2HY catalog at this time. Regardless, I can tell you that I would be pretty surprised if we saw “masks” in any visceral, clear sense; if this guy is for real, he was almost certainly referring to axle-connection head add-ons like HF helmets or the masks that we got in the latter days of G1.

We will be seeing Harry Potter sets, but this has been confirmed pretty extensively by others.

Based on what I know about the fellow who I think is the primary source (outside of 4chan) and the style in which this is presented, I’d say that the odds are slightly below 50/50 for this one.

-Azani

3 Likes

Yes please.

I’m taking this information with a grain of salt.

8 Likes

How many of us aren’t?

1 Like

I mean, that seems pretty safe to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, if this ends up being legit, I can’t even begin to imagine all the fun that we’ll have when we swing past this topic a few years later…

2 Likes

“Our last constraction theme rebooted a beloved theme and still failed. Let’s do something even more risky and create an entirely new constraction IP with a barebones concept and even attach a TV series to it!”

Calling bull on this one. It really doesn’t seem like the type of call they’d make at this point.

1 Like

I know that you sure as heck didn’t intend for this, but minus the “bare bones” bit, this legitimately sounds like an awesome business strategy. It’s the only logical thing to do. We have literally nothing from which we sholuld assume that such a concept should be “bare bones” - you just made that up.

-Azani

1 Like

Or maybe…

“Hey, the last constraction theme we did failed pretty hard. Then again, we didn’t try all that much either. How about we try again, with a new IP, and put some more effort into it.”

2 Likes