BIONICLE G2 Discussion Topic

I wish that had been Bingzak.

6 Likes

Holy Gadunka! We actually closed a topic out of post count? XD

So… what shall we discuss now?

1 Like

I disagree. Making Ekimu the Toa of Time would ruin the symbolism behind the elements and their connection to Ekimu and Makuta. You have Makuta, who through combining the elements ended up creating an all powerful mask that fractured and sent both him and a whole city to the Shadow Realm. He was unable to control all that raw power, and his intentions were always selfish and without purity. One could say his heart was taken over by shadow. Then you have Ekimu, who was intended to become the Toa of Light after uniting all the elements for the purpose of saving everyone he cared about. I really like the intended contrast between Makuta and Ekimu. Their intentions were meant to shape who they would inevitably become.

On an unrelated note, I think Ekimu’s role as the G2 Toa of Light was planned from the very beginning. If you were to take the Mask of Creation’s top spikes and turn them back 90 degrees, you’d have a very fancy Avohkii.

9 Likes

Basically to me the worst part of G2 was putting in a bunch of G1 references out of nowhere. Now I hear people wanting more G1 references.

1 Like

I still would’ve liked more to Ekimu’s character. I feel like the power was just given to him with not much effort to show that he deserves it. I think it would’ve been better if Ekimu went through a trial or two to get the power.
As for the G1 references, I didn’t mind if it was implemented seamlessly and fit with G2.

5 Likes

i personaly think he trully did wish to make the world better and to use his mask’s power for good, but it was more heavly under the mentality of “Im going to make the world better, as proof that im better than you”.

2 Likes

Like I said, I love the concept that they were going to go for. That didn’t happen because the entire storyline got botched this year when they tried to rush to give the line a conclusion. It’s this very reason that I just pretend the ending to JtO didn’t happen, and supplement it with everything we’ve been told on the site, supplementing my own story of what would have happened instead.

I mean, we can’t act like making him the Toa of Time instead would have fixed the ending of JtO. We still would have gotten that stupid “Nah I’m just an old Mask Maker yo”. What we can discuss is how we think the Toa of Light arc would have progressed this year if they had the time to devote to it rather than ending the theme without any necessary exposition or world building.

That’s the thing though, man. That’s a selfish and “impure” motive. Wanting to help make the world better is pure and noble, but the moment you attach massive political personal gain to it, it becomes impure. It goes from being just about doing the right thing, and becomes about getting something WHILE doing the right thing. That’s pretty much Makuta’s character in a nutshell. At his core he wants to help people, make well crafted masks, and make the world a better place. Despite that, he lets his ambitions control him, and because of that he himself can’t control anything (especially six all powerful elements that make up light).

5 Likes

Yeah, I think Makuta just wanted the Okotans to like him and used the “jack-of-all-trades” mask as a means to his own gain.

4 Likes

They didn’t really come out of nowhere; some G1 references did have an (albeit potential due to the cancellation) impact on the story, such as the Mask of Time, the Toa’s names and Makuta. The rest were just easter eggs, some better executed than others, which helped to draw older G1 fans to G2, while at the same time paying an homage to the line that made G2 what it is. Most of the time they didn’t seem, to me at least, blatant and out of place.

Thing is, Makuta’s motive was almost completely devoid of noble intention- in JtO we saw him attempt at making dual element masks for the Okotoans, and we also saw how horribly it backfired, further lowering the villagers’ opinion of Makuta. Yet Makuta did not hesitate to forge the Mask of Ultimate Power, knowing full well its destructive capabilities. I think Makuta was driven only by some sort of sibling rivalry, not out of any wish to help the villagers, though this would have made his character more interesting.

On a different note, happy New Year, everybody!

2 Likes

Dang.

2 Likes

Oh look, the 2016 topic finally met the fate of Project Messwaj :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s that?

1 Like

A massive PM that died because it was lagging the site.

1 Like

NO TIME TRAVEL. It never works. it only creates stupid plotholes.

3 Likes

Edited topic title -legomaster

4 Likes

It can work if you are a writer that can write time related stories.

2 Likes

I’m still a little on the fence about that idea; from the instant that I saw him pass through that gateway in JtO, I was pretty uneasy; if handled properly, the transition from elderly sage/mentor to young, spry hero could have worked, albeit with possible issue of stealing the already crowded spotlight. That being said, G2 wasn’t known for handling anything well.

Frankly, I wish that we could gradually stop searching for “deep meaning” or impassioned analysis of G2; the fact is that it’s not deep. It isn’t. At all. Go right ahead and debate G1; keep tunneling through its mysteries. There are plenty, even after six years. But give poor, kiddy-oriented G2 a rest.

That’s not to say that you can’t divine meaning of your own from the content, and even new content from your own mind, á la Bionicle Legacy; in fact, I love doing that personally and have no plans to ever stop. We’re the caretakers, and as long as we don’t sell anything, we’re free to do as we like. Bionicle is the Biological Chronicle; it never really dies unless we let it, and though that’s been said a billion times, I’ll never stop saying it until people listen and own the story themselves.

5 Likes

@Darknova3529 I rather thought about more simple things (since as “Toa of Light” he doesn’t show too much light powers), like for example he could predict near future, and know where enemy will hit him.

As for Time Travel, I think that full Vahi could be able to do that.

2 Likes

Uhh, I’m not sure that some of the content in that video is appropriate for the Message Boards.

Also, why give the guy attention? He’s just one user spouting off claims without any tangible evidence. If we had all just ignored him, he would have faded into obscurity anyway. I doubt many people believed him in the first place, especially all of us on the Message Boards. I like to think that together we’re smart a very smart community of awesome people.

6 Likes

OK so I just found this and this makes no sense. According to this mother, we’re back in 2002 and BIONICLE is a massive “craze” and is very popular. Clearly this was written before it’s cancellation was officially announced but it still doesn’t make any sense. Like, was she paid by Lego? Here’s the article: http://www.frankihobson.com/family/lego-reinvented-meet-bionicle

2 Likes