Bionicle: In Memoriam: 10x10 Vignette [RIP Eljay]

I wasn’t planning on posting this until I had some new photos for it, but with Eljay leaving I thought there’d be no time like now. More info on that in “Details” below.

This is a 10x10 Bionicle themed System Vignette, intended to be, not a grave, but more of a memorial of Bionicle’s legacy. It’s meant to be something of a “shrine” above which floats a Miru, and behind it grows a young tree, representing HF, G2, and whatever construction endeavors come next. I hope that tree grows to be a strong part of LEGO’s products, but if it doesn’t I’ll remake the tree in black to show its charred remains (lol)

Details

The reason I post this as a "RIP Eljay deal is twofold, yeah sure it’s a golden Miru but it was that was since I built it in May, the other reason is because this was one of Eljay’s favorite MOCs from BFVA '17 (as he came by on multiple occasions to photograph it and talk about it, where he said so himself that he liked it very much). I guess his account is gone already, but I can’t wait to get more details on this very sudden announcement, as it left me very dazed and confused…

Hope you like this MOC! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!

51 Likes

Can I get a parts list, so I can BL this for myself?

3 Likes

What he said^

3 Likes

By jove, I thought the guy died.

Nice scenery though.

1 Like

Eljay leaving? WHAT!!

2 Likes

Im shocked that there arent any mangos, red axels, and blue pins.

2 Likes

@Wheatley @Huichelaar I’m shocked myself, but no not dead, just apparently leaving, or at least, it’s not April Fools, so it’s more likely to be true than any other timer of year, I’m gonna miss the guy

@TeslaEffect didn’t have the parts with me or it totally would haha

@Lehari @Matanui606 I’ll pm you guys if I get the time to do that this weekend, no promises though :stuck_out_tongue: glad you like it so much!

2 Likes

Why did he leave?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great memorial.

2 Likes

While I don’t plan to replicate this part for part, this does give me some inspiration. I’d like to see this topic become a place where people post their own renditions if/when the parts list comes out.

1 Like

I can’t believe Eljay’s dead :sob:

Honestly the vignette itself is a bit simple, but I really like the idea behind it. Could use more dark green, though; the normal green with so much of it is overbearing.

1 Like

okay…
my first post was flagged (i guess because i said this was a good moc?)
well… i guess i’ll give more in depth thoughts?
it’s a good looking moc, i think that someone should make more displays this for the other mask, eljay nonwithstanding. i really like the tree.

1 Like

Why are we necroposting?

2 Likes

Wait, hang on… Eljay is alive, right? I was relatively sure the guy behind the account was the same guy who wore a golden Miru in all those TTV videos.

And the shrine is very nice. The layered foliage on the tree is quite attractive.

1 Like

Yes lol I’m just being unfunny

2 Likes

Thank you, I just… wanted to be sure. =P