Bionicle in School

In grade school, I did several book reports on Bionicle novels. I have a collage I made for one such report on the door of my room.

6 Likes

I’ve fallen out of doing it in recent years, but in years prior I would always place the UDD symbol somewhere in pretty much all of my art projects, whether it be hidden or out in the open.

6 Likes

That’s neat.

1 Like

As for myself, we’re doing an independent reading project. I decided to read three Bionicle novels (one is too short to work on its own)

Specifically Legends of Metru Nui, Challenge of The Hordika, and Island of Doom.

Then we have to write a poem about the book. Whether it be about a character, event, theme, location. What have you. I plan to do one about the noble Toa and the three virtues.

3 Likes

I wrote a Bionicle fanfiction for a “Hero’s Journey Assessment” a few years ago. Terribly edgy.

Also nowadays I try to fit in a little bit of Bionicle lore in everyday conversations and see if anyone would notice.

2 Likes

Yeah me too. No one else gets it but my family, and they just sigh and roll their eyes.

1 Like

I started using “That is the way of the BIONICLE” during the last few weeks of work this summer.

2 Likes

I actually made my avatar in Photoshop during some free time in a web design class (or something similar, I can’t quite remember) a few years ago in junior year of high school. A person sitting next to me was able to recognize what it was and I believe complimented me on it

5 Likes

I remember smuggling Kopaka Phantoka into my lunchbag and presenting him during Show and Tell back in '08. Nobody made fun of me (not to my face, at least :stuck_out_tongue: ) but some kids were definitely a little weirded out by him

5 Likes

Last year, my business writing class required a presentation on a brand, so of course I put together a presentation on the history of BIONICLE. :stuck_out_tongue:

And this year, I submitted an ice cream cone with matoran writing on it for my CAD class. :stuck_out_tongue: The professor liked it and showed it to the whole class. :joy:

I also have a habit of writing random BIONICLE quotes in Matoran on whiteboards around campus. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I should start doing that.

5 Likes

I do something similar. Sometimes I’ll write random things in Matoran on my assignments. Like my name, put under or above my name in English. And other stuff.

3 Likes

You should! I’ve written anything from “HELLOOOO METRU NUI” to “TAKUUAAA” to “Ehrye was here” :stuck_out_tongue:

In my calc class last Thanksgiving, I wrote “Happy Thanksgiving” on the board. The professor told the students to translate it and report back after the Thanksgiving break :joy:

@MaxinePrimal Haha that’s awesome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m always several hours early, so plenty of time. I’ll definitely do it.

1 Like

That is absolutely amazing.

There are a few student open whiteboards around my school. I’ll definitely be sure to write some messages from time to time.

1 Like

Uh, so this wasn’t for a project or anything, but I actually met my best friend because of Bionicle. It was some sort of indoor recess in elementary school, so I decided to draw Lewa Phantoka. The other guy complimented my drawing (even though he is and has always been a better artist than me :stuck_out_tongue:), and we got to talking. Fast forward a few months and we’re best friends.

6 Likes

I showed up in a Bionicle T-■■■■■ at a camp. But of course, other than my close friends, nobody had any idea what it was. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Behold lads! I’ve done something!

6 Likes

hello metru-nui!!

3 Likes

Expect one about every day. This is gonna be fun.

2 Likes