Bionicle in School

It begins!

Edit: Aaand it’s sideways. That’s odd

4 Likes

Interesting fact: last fall, I was in an Advanced Writing and Research class, and we were supposed to give ourselves pen names. I chose L. J. Williams, because of Eljay.

7 Likes

I’ve started again. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

so the mania begins

1 Like

In my milling class I wrote some G Code to carve out my initials in Voya Nui Matoran and I got a classmate to do Circular Matoran, despite themself not being a bionicle fan.

update:
here’s what they look like, just realized I didn’t update this
What it looks like in the simulation

What I milled out

6 Likes

Dang all you people speaking of being born after 2000… Making me feel old as heck!

“For more than 100 Centuries, I have looked into the face of evil again and again!” - Axonn

Anyway, I don’t think I ever brought Bionicle to school, but I often doodled them in the margins of my notebooks. OH I also illustrated the “Bohrok Kal in a line” promo shot for an early Adobe Illustrator class in college (back in 2009!)

4 Likes

the lego purist in me is crying.
great job though

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, I remember how when I was eight or nine, I sometimes fantasized about studying Bionicle in school, and the teacher calling on me to tell the class everything I knew about the Bionicle storyline. That would’ve been…interesting.

3 Likes

are they by Raanu and Berix respectively?

Well, yeah, it says at the bottom.

1 Like

I have started throwing references in conversations, and writing in matoran on my assignments (not completely matoran of course, but the occasional TAKUA or something)

It’s a bit long, but this is one of my favourite quotes of all time:

Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people — people he’s never met before, and who don’t know his name — can live.

2 Likes

I once brought my bionicle sets to school. No one cared.

1 Like

Once for physics class in middle school our professor told us to bring toys from home because we were going to be doing some experiments with force and me being dumb brought Tuma

Then in high school I had a subject called history of letters and for one assignment we had to invent a whole new font and obviously I wrote in Matoran language and no one noticed

5 Likes

did you ever use a zaktann spine for a sculpture? Because I got a Zaktann spine that had stuff just like that on it from a place called bricks and minifigs. I mean like the black gunk on the piraka spines.

3 Likes

@Cordax Nah, just Vezok and Reidak spines

Oh.

1 Like

In 2016, as part of a 3rd grade project, I had to pick an author and make a poster about them. Being the BIONICLE fanboy I was, I chose Greg Farshtey and decided to put pictures of BIONICLE characters all over the poster :rofl:

6 Likes

In 7th grade I was doing a group presentation about the history of the lego company. I was excited because it would be an opportunity to introduce all of my classmates to bionicle. The person who was supposed to talk about lego’s financial situation during the early 2000’s didn’t mention it. :expressionless:

Also few months ago I had to create a model of a cell membrane, and I chose to make it out of lego (not bionicle per say, but close enough)

8 Likes

Now that I think about it, I might have the Mandela Effect about a certain event. You see, when I was in Fourth or Fifth Grade, my class read this book, Patty Reed’s Doll, which was a historical fiction novel about the Donner Party told from the first-person perspective of a doll (?!?). At the beginning of the book, it had a photograph of the real doll that Patty Reed took with her on her journey. I remember the caption saying that the photo was taken by “Nidhiki Phalp.” However, when I googled the name of the book and found the page in question on the Internet, I saw that the photographer was actually Nikki Pahl. I’m not sure why I remember it as Nidhiki, but it may just be because I was so obsessed with Bionicle back then, I read it as Nidhiki.

8 Likes