BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

Still not that great… I’d prefer a original line.

1 Like

If you’ll excuse me for a sec…

Well, it was fun…It’s a shame we never got the last wave…

17 Likes

RIP in pieces, you were ehhh while it lasted, G2.

4 Likes

###Welp, it was good while it lasted. I’m glad it was there, and I’m sad that it’s gone…
I’m just still a little surprised that we only got two years…
It just seems… Wrong. Like there wasn’t enough time to fully develop the world and the storyline. I feel as though if Lego had just… I dunno, had more faith in Bionicle, gave it more marketing, advertised JTO and gave it a full season, I feel as though it would’ve done at least a little better. Bionicle felt as though it was being seriously held back and nerfed.
I’m going to watch JTO today, so don’t spoil it, but if it turns out that there isn’t a G1 connection I’m going to laugh.
And of course, if there is, I can humbly accept defeat XD.

I second this. I’m not buying licenced constraction sets…

8 Likes

I’m not sad at all I mean it was going to end eventually. It was good run while it lasted we got good sets out of it that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Actually I wouldn’t mind hero factory they where alot cheaper like if I had 20 (Canadian) dollars I could buy brain attack evo and his villan but I could only buy one silver toa for bionicle.

5 Likes

Well, I’m devastated but not surprised. It was pretty obvious this is where it was going for awhile. At least Monday’s podcast should be super interesting. I’m still really glad G2 happened though. Without it, we wouldn’t have had the chance to relive our childhoods, and I wouldn’t have had the chance to become part of a great community of fans like I am now. It was fun while it lasted, and at least TTV will still be here for us.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to my local Barns n Noble and Toys R Us to buy all the sets I don’t have yet. It’s been fun.

Mardi Gras.

12 Likes

Don’t mind me, I’m juast gonna walk into Lego’s head office and shout:

THE END

16 Likes

Ugh. While I’m glad we had bionicle back, even for a little while - what I can’t be glad for is that the only Lego constraction will be Star Wars (AFAIK) which is insanely overpriced and dull.
A little piece of me wants another, fresh Constraction theme - but to be honest, the majority of me knows that Lego wont go for something aimed at such a small niche market as are the Bionicle fans.

13 Likes

I’m just gonna say it here: The marketing was suck!

16 Likes

I think Netflix is kinda the blame here since they didn’t give us anything after the Makuta was trapped in the shadow realm again and the meeting probably went down like this
director ok 2 more episodes and we give no ideas for the future lets just trap the villain and end it like that
everyone: YEAH this series doesn’t belong in this generation

1 Like

The cancellation is sad, but it raises the question in my mind (which I feel I know the answer to)…

###Will we get a Makuta set?

3 Likes

Lego has said we aren’t getting one.

4 Likes

I’d like to add that retailer support sucked as well.

4 Likes

OK now I’m devastated.
At first I was sad, but I’m actually really irritated by that.

1 Like

Yep it did because they didn’t advertise it well enough like the do with ninjago, or hero factory (which birthed ccbs) especially lego starwars. They didn;t go out on a limb and tried to make it huge. Also since the toa were expensive for most children do you think parent really bought them the big sets or just the small protectors size sets. :sob:

6 Likes

I really thought when it came back, it would have a great run. At least 3 years.

6 Likes

I’m not angry for Bionicle getting cancelled. We all pretty much knew it wouldn’t make it past the 3 years we were told it would last at 2014 Comic Con. I’m not even angry that it didn’t even make those 3 years.

What pisses me off the most is that it feels incomplete. We’re not getting a Makuta set or something with the Mask of Ultimate Power, things that were hyped up for over 2 years and when we probably would have gotten them they drop the line with no intent to release anything else.

Literally the main villain of G2 doesn’t get a set, the MoUP(The entire story revolved around this mask) won’t be seeing a release and Makuta himself is the least seen villain in G2. Even LoSS and Skull Slicer seemed more important to the story than Makuta did

21 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to July 29th for weeks now for Journey to One, aaaand it’s confirmed to be cancelled that very day. Also the first day I posted on these boards. How symbolically cruel, and with no Makuta set to ease my pain. Yep, I’m gonna moping like the MOUP all summer.

14 Likes