BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

I feel a bit sad admitting this, but I’m not even going to bother finishing my G2 collection. I’ve become so unbelievably disgusted with G2 and how LEGO handled it, to the point where I have literally no interest in hunting down the rest of the sets (Gali and Terak*).

Heck, I don’t even have an interest in displaying the 2016 sets. My 2015 sets are still displayed proudly on my shelves (and the 2015 Toa will never be taken down), but all of the 2016 sets have been packed into a box in my closet.

It’s quite ironic, really. Just a few months ago, I was saying that 2016 was going to be the “best year ever for BIONICLE”!! Now, it’s just a big black stain on BIONICLE’s history, and I’d honestly rather forget it even happened at all.

*This isn’t a problem, though. If I ever want a Terak in the future, I know Scar has a small army of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just want Ekimu, Tahu, and Kopaka. I might skip the beasts. But I’m scrapping most of my stuff for MOCs either way.

I just want another Ekimu vs Kulta set and Umarak the Hunter so that Ill be able to make a villager Makuta and have enough pieces left to make a spider like figure from the second Kulta which would go well with my main Kulta and Umarak.

I agree, best sets.

2 Likes

[quote=“CryoTrooper, post:1264, topic:26884”]
I feel a bit sad admitting this, but I’m not even going to bother finishing my G2 collection. I’ve become so unbelievably disgusted with G2 and how LEGO handled it, to the point where I have literally no interest in hunting down the rest of the sets (Gali and Terak*).

Heck, I don’t even have an interest in displaying the 2016 sets. My 2015 sets are still displayed proudly on my shelves (and the 2015 Toa will never be taken down), but all of the 2016 sets have been packed into a box in my closet.[/quote]

I agree with you a lot here. Things went a little crazy for me - I cared a lot about buying the sets at the beginning, a feeling which died away soon; then I had that “collector’s itch” reappear once BIONICLE was announced to be ending, which again has faded away. At this point I have the 2015 Toa (also displayed proudly on my shelf) and a couple other sets, and I’ve decided that besides Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder and Umarak #1, there’s nothing else I really want from this theme.

My collector’s itch has only become stronger after the cancellation. I really want to find Tahu and Kopaka before they disappear from the face of the earth. :stuck_out_tongue: And I’ll at least get Ekimu as well. Maybe the beasts. Maybe.

EDIT: Definitely the Beasts. If anything, they’re great MOC fodder, haha.

3 Likes

It was like that for me at the beginning, but that’s kind of died off by this point. Tahu and Ikir were the only '16 sets I got, and really the only ones I wanted… unless I decided to build Makuta at some point. Eh, either way; if I decide at some point that I want the Uniters I’ll seek 'em out.

4 Likes

I’d just like to quote Semisonic and say “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”

That’s my final word on the subject of G2 ending.

I’m really glad we got this. It was a good parting gift (since imo I don’t think there will be a G3)

Hooooooooooh boy I have waited far to long to post in this topic, what with real life taking a turn for the worst coinciding with G2’s cancellation. Please allow me to provide my thoughts:

I am glad for the sets that I got, but as a MOC-er, I do wish that their aesthetic meshed a little better with the G1 sets. I know I won’t be buying anything LEGO-related unless it has the word “Bionicle” on it, that’s the way it has been for me for almost ten years. I am glad that LEGO decided to bring it back, but I feel conflicted about it’s cancellation, perhaps if it had gone on for another year it might have done better, or maybe this was a mercy killing. But we mustn’t concern ourselves with what could have been, only what is and what we can control. I’ll only say what I feel hasn’t already been said:

Hone your talents. Use the imagination and creative drive that LEGO and Bionicle gave you. Let the writers write, let the artists paint and draw, let the musicians sing and play, and let us create. With time and effort, you may gain notice. You may well go on to create things that other people will love as much as you loved Bionicle. And when people ask of your inspiration, remember to bring up a certain Biological Chronicle. It does not matter if we ever get another Bionicle line or set, what matters is what you are going to do with what you have all ready been given.

THAT, my friends, is the way of the Bionicle.

18 Likes

I am unable to like this enough times. Thank you for saying what many of us have tried to say, but been unable to put so elegantly.

3 Likes

One of the best mentors I ever had ALWAYS says to everyone “we should always be generous with authentic praise” which in normal-speak means “if you have something honestly encouraging to say, say it. Because the world is filled with far to much negativity.”

I felt I had something new to bring to the discussion that might encourage someone, and I’ve held off on posting here for too long (nothing to do with the boards, just my real life has been hectic since Bionicle’s cancellation.)

6 Likes

I completely agree, and have based my life around bringing some semblance of happiness to others. Being positive is the best thing you can do in life, in my opinion. This community needs more positivity, especially these days.

3 Likes

When someone says they saw Bionicle’s ending coming from a mile away.

33 Likes

Yes, G2 was mismanaged; yes, it didn’t utilize it’s limitless potential to the fullest; and yes, it’s unfortunate that stores may never stock anything with the Bionicle name ever again; but I’m glad G2 happened. It got me into Bionicle and it’s community again, revitalized the community as a whole, and really did show the potential of CCBS and did bring some new blood into the fandom. I’ve accused the Bionicle G2 team of not caring about the line, but I’ve come to see that’s not the case. The fact that they put in any effort at all into a line that was set up to fail makes me extremely grateful.

11 Likes

I agree, I would not be here if I did not see the TTV reporting on early bionicle leaks. And I’m glad it happened, it proved that CCBS could be merged with technic and we got lovely recolors and the parts such as the piece of unification.

5 Likes

The Uniters are definitely among the best sets of any generation of Bionicle. They showed that waist articulation wasn’t just for 80 dollar titans and had custom builds worthy of some of the G1 sets. Bionicle G2 really pushed CCBS to it’s limits and helped improve the system.

10 Likes

I got really bored so I decided to make this.

Hope you can see my disdain for these types of people.

13 Likes

Is Eurico Silva being Eurico Silva again?

2 Likes

He’s already made a video or two about it, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

2 Likes

No I was talking about more Raiaso, Tumalord, etc.

1 Like