BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

They’d probably just make more system themes to fulfill this. Based on how little was put into G2, it’s doubtful Lego has much faith in constraction to satisfy the consumer base. There’s only so far they can can go for fan service before they start truly losing money. Lego currently has little financial reason to make a third generation of the same franchise after the first two died out.

3 Likes

Those menus… that back box art… why are TLR images on JtO packaging?!

2 Likes

Does it actually play the episodes? I personally wouldn’t mind all the TLR stuff so long as the episodes are actually on there.

Either way, worst way to celebrate G2.

1 Like

How?

1 Like

It’s still sad that the DVD release of JTO was just a bootleg copy with TLR imagery. But how is the quality of the Video I would want them just to have physical copies of JTO.

2 Likes

At least the cover art is cool…

I thought the Volume 1 DVD was a bootleg… Tell me they aren’t legit.

Tell me they aren’t legit. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well of coarse Volta and Universal would team up to make a JTO DVD set and have artwork from TLR it makes so much sense. /s

1 Like

I wonder how kids of today think of Bionicle?

3 Likes

Any kid who got into G2 probably liked the sets, and the story was enjoyable even though it was very simple. It’s still a shame that they didn’t get the same experience that we did from G1.

6 Likes

Now that I think of it, G1 story is quite dark for kids of these days.

I agree with you that they didn’t get the same experience. G1 was everywhere and G2 barely got any exposure.

5 Likes

Reading some of the books (yes I still have the books) and the serials archived on BS01, G1’s story was (and still is) much darker than other Lego themes. I suppose that’s because Lego was willing to take Bionicle places that they wouldn’t take other themes, seeing how Bionicle was their most popular theme at the time. If only they also took those kind of risks with G2, then it would have done better and lasted longer.

6 Likes

I only bought 1 book haha. I bought it when I was a book show.

I truly wonder how G2 designer team was approaching this theme… Some of them just seem downright : “I don’t really know what this is…” Which I don’t know since maybe

1. English is not their 1st language
  2. Maybe camera stress?

Sir, you design the said sets, aren’t you suppose to be enthusiastic about your creation and know evey bit of details and thought that went behind it? (-.-)

The target market is what truly baffles me : 6-12 and 7-14. I do get it if they are aiming at 6-8. But what about the upper range of kids? The story doesn’t have enough material for those “teens” to dig about. Plus, the book weren’t even advertised…

So, how I view G1: you still get story via website and comics. Want deeper lore: books by scholastic!

G2: Webcartoon only No advertisement for the books or graphic novels.

Kids are always curious and if they like something, they’ll dig for more. But, Lego had to make it hard for them by not telling where to find it. sign

4 Likes

Part of what makes a line interesting is it’s story, seeing as how that’s usually one of the ways they convince you to buy the product. G2 didn’t have a bad story (could have been better, but I wonder how much they could have put into it without making it too complex for what they wanted), but you’re right that the mediums it was told in weren’t advertised properly. If kids had more access to the story, then more might have been interested.

4 Likes

Yea, overwatch is freaking amazing dude^^

The only I knew there were even books was TTV announcing them. Anyway, I was able to watch JTO episode 3 and 4 on youtube with Arabic language XD. (I stumbled upon them randomly…)

Episode 3 was quite nice but I felt the heart crushing moments at the end of episode 4. It puts the destiny on ■■■■■■■■’s not even a good closing ending. It crushes the entire material that we’re going to have for year 3.

Another thing: Was Tahu the leader of the toa team or the whole leader and second in command thing got dropped entirely?

Plus, no jokes from Gali…

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But no, seriously, I doubt that Lego would approve such a thing.

(btw, that is minecraft “coarse dirt” in case you didn’t get it)

2 Likes

And no Onua being a heavy sleeper, Pohatu being afraid of the dark, or Kopaka being bad at directions, granted that would’ve made the episodes even more cringy

2 Likes

Tahu is not even lucky LOL. Lewa is the warmest of the Toa despite the website saying he’s a loner… Characterization is just so not consistent. I really don’t like how they wrote Pohatu’s character in JTO. He seemed like a real ahole rather than a strong character with empathy.

5 Likes

TBH, I really can’t tell knowing how G2 has been handled so far.

/s?

2 Likes

Same, if they were real, I wouldn’t really be surprised :unamused: