BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

As I said on one nondescript day, 367 days ago:

I still wish the community luck, and I always will. There is nothing that can change that. However, I wish, if a G3 ever comes around, that our expectations will be a little more realistic.

-Azani

1 Like

I still blame the comically inept marketing.
should we spend all this money on ad space and a TV show?
Nah, blow it on 24k masks, bionicle doesn’t need the advertising of our other themes, I’m sure it can spread by word of mouth and the fans.

Seriously, Lego should legit fire everyone involved in that decision for their astronomical incompetence.

7 Likes

Basically this. Literally only 2 people I knew irl outside my brother knew what it was. Only 2, and they were already Bionicle fans.

11 Likes

RIP G2. You will be missed (but Slime won’t miss you).

1 Like

To be fair, people won’t just go out and say “I like bionicle.”

Although I agree that the advertisement was horrible.

6 Likes

Looking back I think G2 was pretty good as a thing and not a business venture.

2 Likes

The first wave was really strong, but it declined over time.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the Uniters were a strong comeback from the skull villains (who were quite lacking), but then the final wave came, and it was rather mediocre.

I liked the Skull villains more than most, but objectively they had their flaws. It was clear there was more budget being put into the winter waves. Umarak the Hunter, for example, was better than Umarak the Destroyer.

5 Likes

I think UtD was much better. One, you get more bang for the buck, since for only 5 bucks more, two, the play value is quite a bit higher, and if you don’t like it then you can scrap it for parts.

2 Likes

Yeah, Skull Villians are tons of fun to mess with. Especially Scorpio.

5 Likes

Looking back, I really dislike the Vahi callbacks. Feels like G2 tried to emphasize a more magical fantasy atmosphere, which wasn’t apparent. the only scifi part was Ekimu’s craftsmanship know-how.

3 Likes

I Love G2 and when it ended, I felt heart broken, butt I’m still a bionicle fan and I’m still always going be one

1 Like

A big, long, collective oof for this event.

2 Likes

Good thing I have all the G2 sets I want on my display allready.

1 Like

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that this topic is about the cancellation of G2. If you wish to discuss other topics, please discuss them in the proper forums.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Oof, wait till Faber hears about this

3 Likes

When I saw a new notification for this channel, for a second, I thought Lego had somehow cancelled Faber’s idea before he was even able to pitch it to them.

2 Likes

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Akkadian just got Roasted!.. by time!..

not really a Roast but what ever

1 Like

I was and am of the opinion that a BIONICLE G3 is unnecessary and will likely bring more harm than good. However, that opinion has a caveat, which is to say that this opinion hinges on LEGO making a G3. A G3 made outside of LEGO, especially one not related to selling sets, has a much better chance of living up to what this community expects out of a G3.

That’s just my opinion, though. -The Artist Formerly Known as Pizzacheetah

6 Likes