Bionicle magazine #1

So, I recently got the first edition of the new Bionicle Magazine. Of course, as with all other Lego magazines it comes with a little ‘‘free’’ set. This edition came with a scorpion thing-ey, see for yourself:

This will hardly be a serious review as there is not much to review, but here we go:

Pros:

1. It’s a Rahi-creature-thing
  2. A lot of articulation
  3. Over all a consistant color scheme

Cons:

1. The talon pieces used for legs are attached very weirdly
  2. One eye???
    3.The magazine describes it as epic, although I couldn’t find much epic about it
    Build:
    The build is as easy as builds get, requiring only to follow 4 easy building steps:

Finished product:

Yeah… It looks… strange…

Other stuff included in this magazine
A cool poster:

Oh yeah it has two sides:

Disclaimer:
I’ll not be showing the magazine as it is Dutch, if you really want it in your own language go get an online version. (I’m not going to translate it all, but I will give details if requested)

Verdict:
If you really want to get this, I would advice not getting to hyped for that free set, but rather the poster and comics as they are pretty, realy, awesomely good. Over all not too bad for the first Bionicle G2 Magazine.

8 Likes

What is with LEGO and its obsession of making bad scorpion sets.

6 Likes

There’s actually a really easy solution to that,

Just take it apart!!!

No but actually, if you turn around the connectors the talons are attached to, like this:

It looks a lot better in my opinion.

2 Likes

SPAIN:
why, why don’t you get anything? this is so unfair, I want the upcoming falcon!

1 Like

You want that upcoming Falcon??

Well so do I!! It looks awesome

First issue.
Has this weird scorpion set.
Second issue:
###Awesome Falcon that has an actual purpose!
But this was a good Review.

1 Like

The set’s not that bad. I haven’t seen too many good Lego polybag things (the Ekimu falcon on the other hand is, as you’ve said, something more “epic!”)

2 Likes

It is a polybag with a CCBS torso.
Don’t expect something great.

1 Like

I’d buy it just for the posters.