Bionicle meets Yu-Gi-Oh (more hilarious old drawings)

Was digging through one of my drawers earlier today - and struck gold. I had completely forgotten these abominations existed until I saw them again. Actually surprised I didn’t throw them away… but then by now I should probably know better.

They were basically supposed to be Yu-Gi-Oh cards with Bionicle characters, which I guess basically isn’t that bad an idea - it only gets bad when you can neither draw well nor write correctly…
As far as motives go and my memory serves I think they were made somewhen between christmas 2004 and summer 2005 by 8/9 year old me.

But let’s take a closer look at their pure artistic beauty:

First off the Bohrok: They might actually be a step down from those I drew about 2 years prior

Text translations:

• Tahnok (misspelled): Bohrok (misspelled):
    This Bohrok (misspelled) kills its enemies with fireballs.
  • Kohrak (misspelled): Bohrok (misspelled):
    This Bohrok (misspelled) freezes its enemies.
  • Lehvak (misspelled): Bohrok (misspelled):
    The Lehvak (misspelled) shoot (misspelled) acid that erodes (misspelled) even the toughest (misspelled) rock.

Next up we have our good friend Vakama, or, like I like to call him: Monster-under-your-bed, Weirdlegs, and Egyptian Elder Monkey.

Text translations:

• Matoran Vakama: Matoran, effect (misspelled):
    This card becomes Toa Vakama after one turn.
  • Toa Vakama: Toa, effect (misspelled):
    This card can only be played if and replaced below) if Matoran Vakama is lying on the field. After three turns this card will become Turaga Vakama.
  • Turaga Vakama: Turaga, effect (misspelled):
    This card can only be played if Toa Vakama is on the field for three turns.

Text translations:

• Tahu: Toa:
    Tahu becomes Tahu Nuva in the next turn.
  • Matoran: Matoran:
    Matoran are the inhabitants of the villages.
  • Toa Lhikan: Toa:
    Toa Lhikan was the first Toa Metru. (which isn’t true)

Pay close attention to the absolute beautifulness of Turaga Dume’s legs on the third picture.

Text translations:

• Turaga Dume: Turaga:
    Turaga Dume sees to it that (misspelled) the city is being protected.
  • Nivawk: Rahi:
    This is the bird of Turaga Dume.
  • Turaga Dume and Nivawk: Fusion:
    Turaga Dume + Nivawk

Actually surprised I made one of the Lohrak.

Text translations:

• Dark Hunter Krekka: Dark Hunter:
    This Dark Hunter is very strong.
  • Dark Hunter Nidhiki (misspelled): Dark Hunter:
    Nidhiki (misspelled) shoots (misspelled) strong energy nets at his enemies.

Text translations:

• The seven stars: Toa power:
    A Toa Nuva who is equipped with this card gains 800 ATK and DEF.
  • Nui-Jaga: Rahi:
    These Rahi kill their enemies with the stinger on their tail.
  • Vohtarak (misspelled): Visorak (misspelled):
    Vohtarak (misspelled) is the Visorak (misspelled) of Fire.
  • Rahi trap: Rahi trap:
    All your opponent’s monsters on the field with more than 1000 ATK are destroyed.

Those Japanese (?) scripture things glued onto the last two cards were actually parts of real Yu-Gi-Oh cards before. A classmate cut the cards apart because he was annoyed he couldn’t read all the text on them…

Text translation:

• Makuta: Super evil creature:
    Makuta is the ruler (misspelled) of evil (not misspelled, but would have had to be capitalized in German).

Well, that’s it. Hope you find this as funny as I :wink:

17 Likes

I’d buy them

1 Like

Wow those remind me of the time that I made that one Yu-Gi-Oh card, good job man.

1 Like

These look pretty funny.
better than I could do at that age

1 Like

My favorites are, Tainok, Karak, and Kelokh

1 Like

nice cursive

1 Like

These are absolute masterpieces!

1 Like

“It’s no use,Tahu. On my next turn, my three Ultimate Makuta’s will attack the rest of your Life Points directly and send you to Karzhani! Go ahead and draw your last pathetic card!!”

“Turaga Vakama’s deck has no pathetic cards, Teridax! It’s my move! I draw! And the card I’ve drawn is…the final piece of The Great Spirit Robot!!”

The Great Spirit Robot?!?! That’s IMPOSSIBLE! NO ONE HAS EVER SUMMONED HIM!!!”

“GREAT SPIRIT ROBOT! OBLITERATE!!!”

4 Likes

Anyone remember when Ahkmou made 100 million widgets in the day for Makuta to adopt him? Great scene.

Actually great cursive. Better handwriting then me atm

2 Likes

Of all things I least expected people to commend me on my handwriting here. :stuck_out_tongue:
Funfact, though - cursive was the only way of handwriting I was actually ever taught. I well remember that I was a little overstrained when a teacher back in 8th grade demanded that I write something in blockletters…

What heck happened to you. Are you okay? /s

That’s actually pretty cool

Edited for language ~ ReeseEH

Hah! You know, I could probably convert these for you via TCGEditor…

I did this back when Rahi Beasts came out, but just for Rahi Beasts, that was fun.

And then I went in opposing directions and made BIONICLE models of Yu-Gi-Oh! stuff (which are…all right, but seeing as they were constructed using my parts collection…but jumbly)

Anyways, it was fun to see these.

2 Likes