Bionicle MOC - Talus: The Earthen Warrior

Just a little experiment with some more earthy colours, as well as a test as to how well I could use the colour sand green with what little of it I have.

PSA: This build has since been dismantled

Talus: The Earthen Warrior

Both his sword and shield can be stored for later use

Some various closeups of the build

Action Shots

Overall I’m not really that happy with the result, so your critiques are more than welcome.

57 Likes

The colors are unusual but look nice
Everything else is great, but I don’t like how the fingers look

2 Likes

The proportions look a bit off, the body is either a bit too thin or a bit too long. I like the detailing that you have; the claws in the forehead, for example, are neat and do a nice job of filling up that gap.

3 Likes

I think Ive just been watching too much anime tbh, I’ve purposefully given him a very lean build

2 Likes

Nice use of the glow-in-the-dark pieces.

I take it you’re talking about the sand green parts? They do kinda look like the glow in the dark pieces here but in person the colours are very different

2 Likes

Oh, I understand.

1 Like

The colors are great but I think the MOC is too lanky for an earthy build. I think it’s mainly the torso that is a littile too tall. Still, the detailing, color balancing, and build are all very impressive.

1 Like

Fair enough complaint, I personally don’t feel like earth characters should be confined to being any specific body type, but thats just me. I appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

The spots just above the knees are a bit too thin, but this is pretty good. Could we get some back shots, though? (Especially of the head)

1 Like

I had them filled in at one point but wasn’t sure if I liked it or not, might consider doing that now that you mention it though. I can put up some back shots here soon if you like, but it ain’t that pretty considering he needs to be able to store his shield there.

1 Like

Yeah… Does look very anime

I think the biggest problems reside in the body. It’s too long, and too thin from a side view.

Otherwise, I quite like it

1 Like

Cheers man, I’ll definitely work on shortening it then

1 Like

I don’t think that at all about earth characters, it was poor wording on my part.

1 Like

It’s OK! :ok_hand:

1 Like

The arms and waist are a little thin, though I applaud your usage of such a unique color scheme. The sand green and dark orange are organized perfectly and convey an earthy feel well.

1 Like

Change the head. It just doesn’t look right.
Otherwise I say it’s great! The torso looks like something I could build if I really tried! That isn’t a bad thing though. It gives me hope that I can someday become a better mocist like you.

1 Like

Nice use of the Ruru. I dig thst that shield design.

1 Like

Thanks man, and I definitely do want to change the head, not a big fan of how it looks

The colors are unusual and dispersed oddly besides that the build is very good and the shield is nice as well

1 Like