Bionicle MoC: Vendetta

“angry responses”

Well, didn’t the creator say that angering people was the point of the MOC?

3 Likes

The moc is cool, but why do so many people make female characters just with rockshi heads? Just wondering. Just make a better, more advanced rockshi

*rahkshi
It’s really just a style, I think. Might have something to do with the association with Roodaka.
It’s an okay MoC, Maybe a bit frail and… Nuva-boob-y.

1 Like

The lot of you that are repeatedly citing the part where I said I created this moc to incite flaming are completely neglecting the second part of that paragraph under the false pretense that this moc is a joke moc. Indeed, flaming was expected, which is why I stated the moc was “made for it” but it was also meant to separate those who flame and hate, from those who can see past the reasons to hate, and find a reason to love. It inspired a discussion on what it means to blatantly disagree with how a moc is built, as opposed to how to offer constructive criticism on how a moc could be built better. It really has shown us that mocing can inspire deep discussions!

Here’s what you said:[quote=“Payinku, post:47, topic:36153”]
sorry, not playing this game, I’ll critique something as harshly as I feel is appropriate.
[/quote]

That’s just automatically assuming that you’re right because you don’t feel like saying anything else

Give a man a fish, he can get food for a night. Teach a man to fish, he can get food for life.

It’s not about egos, it’s that there should be more than the “correct” option in a creative process. Telling someone exactly what they should do (or what a popular consensus thinks) won’t help them improve at all.

…you got me

I like that it has a lot of system pieces incorporated into it, but it does fall into genericness. And yes, as others have stated the fact that this was made just to get people to start yelling about oversexualizing MOCs makes me not take it very seriously.

1 Like

Too me, the moc looks like a really thin, non durable, cheap female stick figure action figure.

3 Likes

For the folks who keep reporting it, it’s not going anywhere. This isn’t a joke MOC, and you are completely proving his point. Even if the MOC wasn’t well done, the fact that so many people are falling into this trap over it is.

It isn’t going anywhere, people need to get over it. It’s a female MOC, that is the end of it.

Also, I’d recommend people refresh themselves on our Joke Topic policy. You may notice that this doesn’t fall under that category.

11 Likes

I’m gonna do something different here and actually review the MOC.

Pros:

• This MOC has some pretty consistent texturing. The smoothness from the Lego System and CCBS really works well here. The greebled parts are only in the more complex builds (like the hands) and even then are distributed across the MOC to make it look consistent.
  • MOC is consistent with colors.
  • Interesting builds used in the legs.
  • I like the choice of pieces for the hair although the construction could use some work.

Cons:

• The MOC falls apart when it comes down to some of the textures as well. The stickers on the arms shouldn’t be there. The calves aren’t very smooth due to the use of the Inika armor piece.
  • The feet do NOT look good. They look so cobbled up.
  • The weapon leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Not a fan of the construction of the back side. The back needs more covering and the rear end looks blocky and frankly out of place.
  • The legs are too wide compared to the thinness of the rest of the MOC.

A mediocre MOC in my opinion but with more consistency within the build it could be good.

5 Likes

You’re trying to police criticism, a critique doesn’t have to be in any way positive to be constructive, some mocs have no redeeming qualities,
and who are you to tell people what they can and can’t like?

1 that didn’t answer my question.
2 I know I’m right from experience on both sides, harsh criticism has helped me improve and I’ve had people say my harsh criticism helped them improve, if someone can’t handle criticism they shouldn’t be an artist.

That is in no way applicable to what I said, unless you’re insinuating that the honesty of the criticism is inversely proportional to how much someone learns from it, which I assure you is wrong.

What else are you trying to protect by censoring criticism?

Who said there’s a correct opinion? I’m arguing that harsh criticism can be necessary for someone to improve, sometimes you just have to tell someone the moc is a lost cause and to start over, or telling someone a better way to do something.
Telling a greenhorn what is overdone or considered bad by the community most certainly does help them improve, it let’s them learn from the mistakes of others rather than make them themselves.

Both of you are saying that if someone has nothing good to say about a moc, or are simply harsh in their critique, than they should self-censor because they’re too negative.
I’m not playing that game, people should be able to give whatever criticism they have as long as it’s fair, even if it’s harsh, even if it’s entirely negative.

Butt is way too square man.

Rhakshi head/10

7 Likes

news flash: you’re not everyone

How…
In what way…
Are you joking?

Seriously, you’ve gotta be kidding me.

If you’re trying to twist my points around into making it look like I advocate the censorship of criticism, then I’m done. Never did I say that you can’t give criticism. Are you just looking at this in black and white? Did you read my posts wrong?

I’m going to put a stop to this now before it progresses.

For some reason, people in this community can not handle female MOCs at all. You guys did a brilliant job of proving his point.

Any further posts on the subject of female MOCs or this debate, and not about critiques of the MOC itself, will be deleted and the member warned. Ignoring this warning or continuing to argue this will result in a suspension.

16 Likes

I for one like this moc for one reason: the use of system. Although it may be a bit unproportonial, I still like the good balance of system and ccbs

1 Like

@Eljay Hi Eljay it’s a pleasure to meet you on the TTV message boards! I just wanna say I love the format of your moc reviews. So much in fact that I try to emulate it a little with my own moc reviews. Keep being awesome man!

I make the MOC reviews. Glad you appreciate my format. Keep being awesome, man.

(btw eljay doesnt do anything relevant or important)

)=< - Eljay

2 Likes

Sorry about that! I meant to say that I try to emulate Eljay’s recap reviews with my moc reviews. Ven, your MOC Spotlight videos are just as awesome! Hopefully I’ll make an appearance on it someday soon… hopefully :smiley:

1 Like

Well. I seem to have shown up after the storm.

Aside from the posing on the second picture I actually have no problems with this. It’s overdone, yes, but it’s not cripplingly overdone like some of the other MOCs I’ve seen.

The legs are a little too blocky. I’d recommend pulling out some of the system in exchange for something you can make a little smoother. The “hair” technique is overused but I can’t exactly fault you for reusing designs, it just doesn’t look the greatest on this design.

The feet are extremely blocky as well. Might wanna smooth those out.

Otherwise? Pretty decent. I like the scythe too. :ok_hand:

@Ekorak I definitely agree with you on the thighs being a little too blocky. It was the best I could do with an inherently blocky building system… Do you have any suggestions on what other pieces I could use? Same with the feet, they’re my best attempt at making platform heels on that scale and I’m open to suggestions. And thank you, I like the scythe too!
@Shadowrockboy190 Thank you! I’d like to think in terms of the length of the limbs that she’s pretty proportionate.
@exxtrooper but she thicc tho
@Chronicler While I agree with you about the stickers, I honestly can’t bring myself to remove them. I feel like they’re “exclusive pieces” used in some sets and most of the time, after you apply a sticker and remove it, you can’t ever use them again
Do you have any suggestions on what to do for the feet? like I said before they’re my best attempt at making platforms on that scale. And I fully agree with you on the back. It was a terrible idea to use a piece with such angular textures. And sorry to say, but I’ve grown quite attached to the weapon and I’m most likely not changing it. Thank you very much for the comment!

Well, my characters tend to be, as you put it, extra t h i c c, and I use Technic for most of that. Unfortunately my scale is small in comparison to most MOCists, meaning that my designs are difficult to carry over.

The heels I might be able to help with as long as you don’t want extremely realistic looking platform heels. There’s a small design from a MOC I made a while back that is more of a streamlined low-heeled foot, but aside from that I typically just use Bohrok feet since they are visually clean and easy to use.

1 Like