Bionicle Music Project

EDIT: Basically came back to edit this to say I’m not really working on it anymore Combination of being bored with the project and not really having the expertise to make it.

12 Likes

I’ll need to set aside a bloc of time to give this a listen to.

Pretty cool, nice incorporaion of the MoL and MNOG Soundtrack

Changed Category - Distraxx
I’ll be sure to check this out.

@BricksOfAwesome It sounds pretty good but still feels rough around the edges. Do you know of the YouTube channel called For Orchestra? He does orchestral covers of various songs I think that he may be able to help. Here’s the link to his channel and it is verified: https://www.youtube.com/user/ForOrchestra Also, if you do that, I would recommend that you include the original tracks along with your rendition so he can be on the same page as you.

So I’m listening to it now, and I must say this sounds very nice. While I’m not really familiar with the source material, or really sure what the source material is, unless there isn’t any and you just made music to fit the different events, in which case I’m also not completely familiar with, this does sound great.

Just finished listening to it and, by god, it was beautiful. I don’t know a whole lot about orchestra, so I can’t really tell you what exactly to improve upon, but I think that you’ve done a nice job so far.

Alright. Just finished, and by god this is amazing! I especially love the last segment. It was the only one that I could really recognize, seeing as its the MoL theme, but that honestly doesn’t matter. If I had never heard the MoL theme, or even seen the movie at all I would have loved this just as much. The drums where an amazing addition. I absolutely love this. Amazing work.

@Toa_Distraxx

Ok, sweet. So from now on do we post musical creative content under the music category in entartainment? Just wondering.

@BlackBeltGamer98

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check them out after this.

Could you be more specific by ‘rough around the edges’. Do you mean on a compositional level or a production level?

@MaximusPrime

I’ve included a playlist of all the material I drew from if you want to check that out. I’m surprised you didn’t recognize the pretty decent sprinkling of the MoL theme throughout the piece though, but where it turns up it is altered in some way so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

What I meant was that I could recognize the pieces you were using but it didn’t feel like it was fully reconstructed, sort of broken, if that helps.

tbh it’s pretty ambiguous, but I’ll try and work with it.

shot a link to this topic to another YouTuber who does orchestra stuff to see if he could help.

In the biotube circles or someone unrelated?

here’s his channel; same suggestions as I did on my previous suggestion: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIsmzVrScvmv0Xu5zE6E1rA

This is kind of weird, since I’ve been trying to orchestraly do something for Year 1. Funny, huh?
I haven’t had any luck and don’t have any tips, so the only thing I can offer is a bit of luck!

It’s a good composition. The only thing I would complain about is that certain parts of it need more reverb, but I’m not sure if you can add that in the program you’re using. I use garageband to make my music, so this program is foreign to me lol