BIONICLE Quest For Mata Nui Fan Game Discussion Topic

That’s wonderful news Crainy! I wish the best to your project for the future and really looking forward to it! With Lego giving green light to the project, its legal issues for the company is solved and therefore it’s success is technically guaranteed.

Really excited to hear more about it later on!

1 Like

UPDATE: Lego Games have released an official statement regarding the game - in a nutshell, it’s exactly what Crainy shared, and they’re cool with the game.

:partying_face:

4 Likes

This looks epic.

3 Likes

amazing to hear

as a general question; are there any intentions or future plans to possibly expand the game beyond the original year one storyline?

2 Likes

At the moment the team is focused on bringing the first year of Bionicle to life as good as possible, so thats where our plans are currently directed.

5 Likes

thats cool just asking. honestly that is, i think, the strongest period of the series because of the building lore and mystery in it and the fantasy elements still being very strong at that point. the only real reason i asked was because i was never the hugest fan of the vortex form of makuta from that arc, so i would be psyched if the game ended on a cliffhanger of seeing his normal form or something. still looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone, we have some thrilling news that we cant wait to share with you all!

We are incredibly excited to announce that Tony Wedgwood, the voice of the original Bionicle commercials, will be voicing lines in “Bionicle: Quest for Mata Nui”!

To us, Tony Wedgwood has always been the voice that we have associated with Bionicle. The lines that Tony has recorded for free for the project will be featured both in-game and in our promotional material and we are certain this will help greatly in our goal to recapture the atmosphere of Bionicle as accurately as possible with this game.

A huge thanks from the entire team goes out to Tony for lending his iconic voice to this project! I`m certain you are all curious to hear more details about this, and while we dont want to reveal too much yet, we are excited to give you this sneak peek. Hope you enjoy it, and we have more updates to come in the future! :

21 Likes

Mata Nui that is so cool to hear that Tony Wedgwood will have voice lines in the game! That makes me way more excited to play the game once it comes out.

2 Likes

And it makes me more sad because I know my computer can’t handle the awesomeness of that game.:cry:

2 Likes

Oh yeah! That’s really epic news!

1 Like

You’re making this Game absolutely Legendary!!!

1 Like

whaaaaaat
like whaaaat

How can three brief lines of dialogue be so awesome‽

Perhaps my nerdiness as a Bionicle fan really shows now, but that announcement got me easily as hyped as any great casting choice for a blockbuster would. Tony is an incredibly underrated voice actor and he breathes a ton of life and depth into the lines - the fact that your team went to the effort of seeking him out, and that he agreed to do the lines, is awesome. It feels like Turaga Vakama himself is narrating that trailer, I totally got chills.

Massive thanks and congrats to the team (and Mr. Wedgwood, of course)!

4 Likes

Wow, it was incredible hearing even just that one line in the trailer. This gives the games a whole new connection to Bionicle.

3 Likes

I am speechless. Of all the cool things I’ve expected to see in this project, this is by far the coolest.

You should be wary of spoiling me too much, though. Now I’m imagining cutscenes with the voice actors from the films…

2 Likes

Ooh yeah this. looks. so. cool.
My brain has just exploded because of the sheer awesomeness, I really never thought anyone would ever do this and put so much work into something like this. A few questions: 1 what kind of computer would I need to run this? 2 will the Bohrok ever be in the game, as a event or something? And 3 how much of the underwater around mata nui will be done?
Great job @Crainy and team

2 Likes

It’s not complete until I can hear “Each set sold seperately” at the end.

This is great news, and I’m stoked you were able to make this happen!

10 Likes

now i feel like each cutscene and cinematic in the game is gonna feel like the commercials

4 Likes

Crazy how in Bionicle, a comment like that is actually a good thing. The marketing department spoiled us. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Thanks everyone, the team is very excited about this, too!

As for what kind of PC you need to run this, I cant say anything conclusive yet, but if your PC is capable of running something like Assassins Creed Origins well, it should be able to handle BQFMN.

6 Likes

Mine was incapable of running the Bionicle fan game Masks of Power, so I will need a new computer to run this

4 Likes