BIONICLE Rahi boxart

Hello, and welcome to my Rahi MOCs. I have finally posted these to the TTV message boards at @Eljay’s request. These MOCs only use part molds from 2003 or older (Except for the front tire on the Korama), and each one has a function.

Akafu (Binary 1 on right, binary 0 on the left), underground/sandy areas
Function: Elytra lift up and wings jut outward.

Korama, Ko-Wahi
Function: Wheels cause small round tail to jump up.

Tiratra, Onu-Wahi
Function: Wings are fold-able and have a flapping function.

Gaonrak-Ra, Le-Wahi, Ga-Wahi and Po-Wahi’s shores
Function: Snapping mouth.

Nui-Faxo, Po-Wahi and Ta-Wahi
Function: As you roll them across the ground, their legs cause them to wobble back and forth.

Pakrekka-Rai, Ta-Wahi, Le-Wahi
Function: They should have been able to wind up with their pull-back motor, and then using a locomotive feature in their arms, charge forward. I built these IRL and unfortunately they did not work. Too unstable and not enough power behind the pull back motor.

Light bug, Onu-Wahi and Le-Wahi hives
Someone wanted me to make one that didn’t look like garbo, so I did. It would have a light up brick but I couldn’t fit one in.

Kirikori, Le-Wahi
Function: Arms grab to masks and pull them off in a snatching motion.

Newest creations:

Waraga-Kah (Left) and Waraga-Kama (Right), Ga-Wahi and Ko-Wahi waters
Function: When you squeeze the stomach, the mouth opens.

Niari-Rama (Jungle variant on left, cave variant on right.), Le-Wahi and Onu-Wahi caves (some say they have also been seen as far as Ko-Wahi)
Function: When the wings are lifted, the stinger juts outward.

Kofu Bomu, Kofu Pakrek, Kofu Mua, Kofu Tara (From left to right). Various locations.
Function: Bomu has suspension, Pakrek slams fists on the ground, Mua scratches, Tara baps upwards

102 Likes

They nail the aesthetic of the original rahi perfectly

7 Likes

Wait, Eljay himself told you to post this?

3 Likes

Yes. :1

3 Likes

How Exactly?

2 Likes

We talk. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Fabulous.

And kinda nostalgic :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Very impressive!

3 Likes

You captured the 2001 look perfectly. The Rahi really look like sets, and the boxarts are awesome, how did you made them?

2 Likes

I build the Rahi mostly in LDD, and then I polish it and render it in Stud.io. After that I pull it into Paint.net and use assets from the Bionicle CDs to make the box art.

Newest addition

13 Likes

These look incredible, they look like actual sets, the aesthetic and colours are so perfect. I can’t wait to see what else you do.

5 Likes

These capture the style of the original Rahi so well, where did you get the backgrounds, or did you make these yourself?

3 Likes

The BIONICLE CDs have photoshop files, so I just use those. Still looking for more though.

New rahi, they’re wasps. They have a stinger (or sawblade) that juts out when the wings are flipped upwards.

16 Likes

How did you get the masks on them? Neither Stud.io or LDD have the Kanohi.

3 Likes

It was a painful process involving Blender and masks that I’ve collected 3D models for over the years. I think I can credit @Petrus for this one in particular because it was an older file on my PC, around the time I used to work for RSG.

6 Likes

Pretty sure it’s one of the masks that’s floating out and about. RSG did use it as a reference for awhile, but we’ve wiped it from our files for the most part.

3 Likes

Whoops. Eheh, I’ll erase that. :grin:

2 Likes

Bootiful.

I mean, what else can I say that hasn’t already been said? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Could you post the assets from the CDs somewhere as a resource, I’ve been dying to find decent clean resources for the 2001 style.

3 Likes

They are on Biomedia project.

4 Likes