Bionicle set prices on the web

From what I know there was a cooling problem with the machine while making the lime joints, so they became fragile. Lime joints made for sets before 2007 (like Keelerak and the Nui Rama) don’t have this problem.

1 Like

On one hand I’ve sold a NIB Vezon and Kardas for $300. On the other I’ve bought an NIB Brutaka for $32 (Both from ebay). Everything can be bought relatively cheap if you wait for the right time.

1 Like

I didn’t read through all these comments but the ones i did i saw people saying they found tahu 2001 for over $90 used just the figure i found it on eBay for around $10 just the figure and $50 for sealed. I also found solek from $4-$20 depending on sealed or not on eBay. I think amazon is usually a rip off most of the time for Lego.

1 Like

You guys finding a set for $90? That’s cheap. Check out this silver Krana.

8 Likes

1000 dollars…Lol…oh good lord. I apologize, but I have to utterly laugh at people trying to sell “rare” parts for hundreds or thousands of dollars. I won’t deny rarity, but it’s just a lego piece. Outside of looking cool, it does next to nothing.

Oh wait, 1006 dollars and 80 cents. Forgot the shipping price.

5 Likes

On top of that, it’s Bionicle. A niche theme that lost its touch. If it was something well-known like a rare Marvel or DC collectible then i’d understand; it can be displayed as a symbol of prestige and wealth for the owner to boast to with their equally-nerdy friends. But this comes with no advantages mentioned prior other than meager personal satisfaction which would wear off sooner or later

4 Likes

You go to display the Krana and then the person who see’s it is like “What the ---- is a Krana?”

But if you have a Marvel or DC figure, it’s like you said. Someone will recognize that. I can also see charging a lot for something that is easily recognized. I still find it ridiculous, but at least it makes sense.

2 Likes

I found a complete, used Keetongu for $24.95 (+ shipping) on Amazon without the box or instructions. I think I’ll pick it up. It’s an okay deal, but my wallet pains too see that much go for a set like that. It’s a titan (that I don’t have) from 12 years ago for half-decently cheap so I think I’m justified in making the purchase. I hope I don’t regret it.

Excuse moi, but its Vacuum Metal. XD

I’d just order each part of a set individually on bricklink. Sure, time consuming, but with expensive sets with relatively few peices it’s pretty practical.

3 Likes

Exactly what I did too with the yellow Jetrax!

Check out an app called letgo, and see what’s nearby. picked up 3 toa mata with canisters for $20.