Bionicle Sets That Never Happened

I can go on for a while about characters that were never released in set form that I would have liked to have seen; but here are some ideas I had on my mind:

Gen 1:

• Matoran Builder Pack (2001)
  • Makuta (Shadow Matoran Form/Vortex)
  • Remaining Toa Hagah (Gaaki, Bomonga, Pouks, Kualus)
  • Brutaka (Pit-Mutated Form)
  • Metus (Snake Form)
  • Lariska
  • Element Lords

Gen 2:

• Skull Spider Pack (Skull Spiders of varying colors - REALLY want a red skull spider)
  • Makuta Gen 2 (Pre-Corruption)
  • Okoto Islander Builder Pack
7 Likes

So likeā€¦a 20 dollar box filled with different coloured McToran parts and masks? Itā€™s a cool idea, but I imagine that it wouldnā€™t be very versatile-parts wise

2 Likes

I would have loved to see Lariska. I donā€™t really know how they would have put her in a set waveā€¦ or any year for that matterā€¦

But I always wanted a Bionicle Edward Elric. /s

1 Like

Seeing this reminded me how excited I am to see concept art for the Beasts and Umarak the Destroyer!

Yeah, I can imagine the lack of versatility with something like that (especially when those parts are being used specifically for that one purpose only). Still would have been cool to have seen IMO; I know I would have bought some if they were ever made.

1 Like

We needed more of these things in later years:

8 Likes

I need sets that of Toa that werenā€™t of the traditional six elements. Give me lightning, sonics, magnetic, psionic, iron, gravity, etc. Also, am I the only one that wants the masks of 2015 to be like the 01 Kanohi and have multiple colors for each mask so that you could ā€˜collect them allā€™?

10 Likes

AGREED. 2015 should have mask packs.

And yes- more elements. I would sacrifice, like, the The Glatorian for a 2009 year with those sets.

3 Likes

I think Legoā€™s way of doing this was by adding extra coloring for the masks with the villain sets.

1 Like

im not sure why but for g2 i really want a gigantic 70$ set. like a vehicle or a ā€œtitan mata nui-likeā€ set :wink:

3 Likes

No Bionicle set should cost 70, nor would Lego have the budget to make that (few would sell anyway with that price) :stuck_out_tongue:

Makuta next year would at most be 40$ (witch-doctor sized)

3 Likes

your right i just feel like it would be cool to have a ā€œjetrax-likeā€ set of g2 :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, $40-$50 sized sets should come back. Maybe $50 is a little too generous.

1 Like

Tren Krom? You realize you can make a big cube of red Jello and you give it tentacles and you got the closest thing to Tren Krom ever right? Or you can take Lewa Nuva.

2 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed that we never got Jerbaz.

He would have made such a great set.

8 Likes

Artahka.
A set with the adaptive Miru in Orange so I donā€™t have to paint mineā€¦

Dude, heā€™s been out in like every store. Why havenā€™t you bought him yet?

/s

2 Likes

Wait, wasnā€™t that one of the riders on a 2009 vehicle?

looks it up

oh his name was Kirbraz ā€¦ iā€™m gonna continue mixing the two up arenā€™t I :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just imagine the translucent piecesā€¦

2 Likes

picture this color

but in CCBS sheds tear

5 Likes