Bionicle Sets That Never Happened

technically we should have gotten Kulta with Tahu’s mask (and MoCr)

1 Like

Though they are simple sets, I would love to own a complete collection of all of the Matoran as seen in MNOG. Minus the Hafu/Taipu mixup.

2 Likes

Yeah, same!

H-he didn’t say the rhyme…

I CALL UPON THE POWER OF @N01INPARTICULAR!

Okay, back on topic, I really wanted some Okoto villager packs. Like it could be 4 okotans of different elements with a skull spider for the price of a titan.

3 Likes

You summoned me.

BADA BING BADA BOOM I RESURRECT THIS TOPIC FROM IT"S DOOM.

I always wanted a baterra set.

2 Likes

You are too late
It has been resurrected without your precious chant and your power is annulled here
Returns to the Masters subforum where you belong, vile creature

anyway Artakha would be a cool set don’t you agree ha ha ha ha ha :gregf:

3 Likes

Do mask packs count? I would have preferred more alternate colored masks than launcher amo.

2 Likes

What is the gold skinned being but Irnakk with extra steps.

1 Like

As much as I despise HF, I sort of like to think most of the molds used in 2010 were the original concepts for the planned Bionicle 2010. (I know that never got past a rough movie script and a rumored Baterra prototype, but just let me believe, dang it!)

1 Like

Possible, but highly unlikely. Some pieces, like X-Plode’s helmet, wouldn’t look out of place in the glatorian era, but keep in mind that the first year of HF was using the bionicle-system, so any new pieces would be influenced by that design philosophy. Certain pieces, like the Hero sets, were clearly made for the Hero Factory theme.

BIONICLE was canceled in mid-2008. The possible 2010 year was still in the conceptual stage. It’s likely they never produced prototypes, let alone actual molds. The rumors of a Baterra prototype probably originated after we saw them in the graphic novels. People assumed that their appearance must have been based on some prototype, when it’s just as possible that an artist just, y’know, created their own design for the comics.

3 Likes

To this day, I have no idea how there weren’t sets of those, with how capable Lego would have been at it with how much paint and masks they had to work with.

3 Likes

I always wanted more of the masks, like all of the toa mata masks in the Turaga colours and vice veras and in those colours like teal, yellow or purple, and just all the other mask in all the different colours.

Surely for the 20 year anniversary for Bionicle LEGO does blind bags for Bionicle masks again

Surely

4 Likes

Surely.

3 Likes

That would be awesome.

2 Likes