Bionicle Smash Brothers!

perhaps the normal bohrok would be a skin for the kal

That’s not the problem. The Kal have twice as much power than regular Bohrok, and different powers are what’s necessary to make a Smash moveset. Bohrok and Kal might have similar frame in-game, but I think the Bohrok would just end up as Assist trophies.

fair enough

I know it’s a bit late, but you definitely need to consider adding these in when you make the final cut:
-Toa hordika (alt. skins probably)
-Vaki (don’t know why they didn’t make the original cut)
-Great Spirit Robot

The next ones are just nonsensical (each one more than the last), but would still be fun to see.
-Greg Farshtey (a pretty obvious choice)
-Furno (or any other HF character, because if Sonic can make an appearance so can one of the Heroes. Also, out of HF, Chima and Ninjago cameos HF is the most logical, though if you want to do an extremely obscure reference to another LEGO product do Clutch Powers)
-Click (Yes, the character from TLR)
-Ole Kirk Cristiansen (founder of LEGO)

Vaki did, its next to lihkan

Ooh! The assist trophies should be canisters!

2 Likes

I can only say that any Makuta would be extremely overpowered, considering he has 42+ powers to pull from. Maybe their powers would be distributed among each of them, but even then that could still be extremely powerful compared to, say, Ehlek.

2 Likes

In a Smash Bros like game characters are only as powerful as you make them, if there is any unbalanced characters then your designing is at fault. For instance the actual Smash Bros has the the character Olimar. Do you think that if Smash was realistic in representing the powers of their characters that Olimar, someone in his own game has only ever fought insects (or small “weak” organisms), could possibly compare in power someone like Captain Falcon, Samus, or Ness? The answer is simply no.

2 Likes

Vakamas alternate skins should be the other toa metru same with matua hordika alternate skins the other toa you should add the turaga just for fun

You should update the list with
Krekka
The hagah
Hydraxon
The Skull Villans
Icarax
A rahi (maybe the Tarakava)
Matoro Mahri

Here’s all of my ultimate ideas:
Make all of the Toa Mata the same character, but the Kaita would be like Pokémon Trainer, (example: if you choose Wairuha Kaita, you could switch between Lewa, Gali, and Kopaka), and the Toa Nuva would be alt skins. Special would transform them into the Kaita, and then another special would use Toa seal, and switch them back (think Samus from Wii).

Boh-Rok would obviously be the different skins, plus Kal skins. Their special would be the Boh-Rol swarm, and then one of there moves should have a Boh-Rom Va come, give them a new Krana with a special power.

Nuparu’s alt skins should be Hafu, Macku, Kopeke, Kapura, Kotu, and whatever the MNOG ale-Matoran is, so basically the Toa Rejects, aside from Nuparu, and then the special would pull out the Boxor, but it could be destroyed. Other than that, they’d be standard disc-throwing Matoran.

The Rahkshi should obviously have the seven colors as skins. Their special would be sticking their staff into the ground, causing an earthquake.

Takua and Pewku (that’s how you spell it, right?) should have alternate skins with Jaller, Hahli, Kongu, Hewkii, and Matoro, then maybe some other random Matoran like Onepu. Their special could be taking a Kohli stick and smacking super-powered Kohli balls at everyone.
Takanuva’s alternate skins should be different colors of him, like how Av-Matoran can change colors. Takutanuva should be Takanuva’s special, not an extra character

Makuta’s special should be the Mata Nui robot. Other skins: just random colors, I guess…

Vakama’s alternate skins: obviously the Toa Metru. Special: he could pull out the Vahi and do weird things.

Lhikan’s alternate skins could be like Toa Nidhiki, Toa Tuyet, Toa Dume, Toa Iruini, and Toa Norik. Special: ???

Vahki: Other Vahki, I don’t know enough about them for a special.

Nidhiki: other colors, I don’t know what for a special.

Hordika Matau would have the other Hordika, with specials being a special Rohtuka?

Visorak would just be the variants, with the special maybe being like summoning the big one Roodaka rides on

Roodaka would have alternate skins of Sidorak, and her special would be reducing everyone to a Rahaga-like creature, where she can deal damage to anyone without being threatened for a period of time.

Krahka? Is that the creature’s name? Don’t include her.

Nuparu: maybe just make him Kongu as the main picture, and then have all of the toa be alternate skins, with specials being down special Zamor.

Vezok: Each Piraka, of course, and then they need a laser-vision move, and the special could be the Spear of Fusion or something.

Axonn skins I have no ideas for, special could be maybe an axe slam attack…

Brutaka I also have no skin ideas for, except one should be a mutated form… His special could be him using his four arms to deal significant damage…

Vezon and Fenrakk I still have no skin ideas for, and special would absoluty have to be Kardas Dragon.

Hahli Mahri skins are the obvious choice, and the special could be shooting above, causing debris to fall from the sky…

Ehlek skins: still obvious. Special should be flooding the map in water, and then sending the army to attack.

Lesovikk skins: his team? His special could be flooding the map, then using his water speeder to ram or shoot people.

Maxilos: skins could be Hydraxon. He would sick Spinax on people, and his special could be imprisoning a random player, so everyone can attack the player as much as they’d like before the cage breaks.

Toa Ignika skins should be Mata Nui, and then each Phantoka Toa and Mistika Toa. Their special should be using the sky board thing to fly around, like Lesovikk’s except no water.

Chirox skins would be the other five Makuta, plus Icarax, and the special could be the storm?

Krika would just be a Chirox skin.

Gresh skins would be the other eleven Glatorian or retired Glatorian, and the special could be calling in a vehicle maybe.

Tuna skins I have no ideas for, and then the special would maybe be calling in some CPU Skrall.

Mata Nui would be an Ignika skin.

LOSS I have no ideas for, but special could have something to do with the golden skull spider mask.

Ekimu and Makuta should be the same character, plus protectors as skins.

Makuta would be Makuta skin.

To fill some open holes: Toa Masters, Toa Uniters, Skull Warriors, Skull Bashers, Umarak, Shadow Horde, G2 JT1 Makuta, Elemental Creatures, Nocturn, Keetongu, Turagas, Irnakk, Nui Rama, Good Guy (ok maybe not), Av-Matoran, Agori, The dude in 2009 with the Thornratus, Zyglak, Metrutoran, Voyatoran, Mahritoran?

All of these are just ideas, I don’t mean to tell you what to do, just some thoughts. Cool topic, I want this game!

1 Like

Hello everyone on the Boards!
So here’s this I made.

Tahu is a medium weight character. His attacks have smaller knock-back, but do lingering fire damage to the enemy.

He relies on aggressively rushing into the opponent and doing as much fire damage as possible to raise the enemy to a percentage where he can easily knock them off the stage.

From top left to bottom right:

• Just an idle pose
  • Jab Attack
  • Forward Tilt
  • Up Tilt
  • Down Tilt
  • Dash Attack

All of those are just basic sword swings not based on anything from canon.

• Forward Special: Elemental Blast (Tahu fires a projectile using his elemental fire powers)
  • Neutral Special: Spirit of Fire (Tahu envelops himself in flame for a short while, damaging enemies near him and boosting the damage on his attacks)
  • Down Special: All-Consuming Flame (Tahu slams his sword into the ground, unleashing fire in a straight line, a reference to both his 2001 commerical and the move he uses as Tahu Nuva fighting Lehrak in Mask of Light)
  • Up Special: Heated Up-Draft (Tahu heats the air below him enough to leap high into the sky, a reference to a move Tahu often used to slow himself down when falling and hover using the Miru)

The rest are again basic sword swings not based on anything:

• Neutral Aerial
  • Forward Aerial
  • Back Aerial
  • Up Aerial
  • Down Aerial (a spike)

His shield, obviously him using his Kanohi Hau.

Tahu’s final smash is Who Needs Water, where Tahu slams his sword into the ground, activating a cutscene of him surfing on lava into the enemy, doing massive damage.

I forgot to add his Smash attacks, but they are basically stronger, fire-enhanced versions of his tilts.

I know this isn’t very interesting, and it was rushed, but I wanted to show it off anyways.

As always,
Comment and Discuss

10 Likes

I feel like there should be Zaktan,Antroz,mantax,the Shadowed One,Umarak the hunter who for a final smash could mutate to destroyer form for a short time like Bowser,Icarax,Gorast,Karzhahnni who like Umarak could for a final smash could morph to his Barraki form,Krekka,Skull Slicer,Skull scorpio,and Skull Basher.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister for LOSS his final smash he could to summon an army of CPU Skull Spiders like King Dee-Dee

1 Like

SelfMOCs (like mii fighters)

Thought it’d be fun to make a smash moveset for Tahu. I haven’t figured it all out yet, but this is it so far:

Moveset

Neutral Special: Shoots a stream of fire from his sword, similar to Bowser’s fire attack. He will fire a more concentrated fire beam if the button is tapped again

Side Special: TBA

Up Special: Tahu’s mask switches to the Kanohi Miru, and Tahu flies high in the air. Once Tahu has reached his maximum height, he can slowly float down, similar to Peach

Down Special: TBA

Neutral Smash: Tahu slashes with his fire sword.

Side Smash: TBA (probably something involving the Pakari)

Up Smash: Tahu thrusts his fire sword upwards, mimicking his iconic pose

Down Smash: TBA (probably something involving the Pakari)

Dash Attack: For his dash attack, he uses a rock to quickly surf on the ground, hurting anyone he rides into.

Final Smash: Tahu dons the golden armor and unleashes a powerful blast around him This blast affects everyone on screen.

Taunts: TBA

Alt Colors:

1. Red, default look for Tahu
  2. Green, referencing Lewa
  3. Blue, referencing Gali
  4. White, referencing Kopaka
  5. Brown, Pohatu
  6. Black, referencing Onua
  7. Dark red and silver, referencing Tahu Mistika, OR red and yellow, referencing Jaller OR red and gold, referencing G2 Tahu
  8. Purple, referencing Voriki OR infected hau alt costume, referencing Makuta in his matoran form

Stage Intro: Tahu will lie in pieces, and then put himself together

Other Details:

• When swimming, Tahu’s mask will turn into the Kanohi Kaukau
  • When shielding, Tahu’s hau will glow.
  • When running, Tahu will don the Kanohi Kakama.
3 Likes

Maybe he switches his Hau for his Akaku and strikes the ground with his sword as if he were looking for weak spots in the ground which causes a crack in the ground’s surface to spread to about 5-meters and carries a fire blaze that can scorch/damage the opponent.

Also I’ve just realized that this thread has apparently been dead for the last five months, I would edit in the RRR rhyme but it’d be kinda pointless now. :P

2 Likes

I am currently working on a large post explaining who I would include in a hypothetical Bionicle SSB game with a 52 character roster (since that’s how many spaces there are in the OG post, and working in limitations is fun!). It still needs some work, but in the meantime I wanted to share my favorite idea.

Toa Pouks: The Kirby of Bionicle SSB. Can copy the neutral specials of any character. Other moves would naturally be stone based.

1 Like

changeable skins like you can make the mata look like the masters. umarak, sidarack, kulta, lava beast, ikir, the shadowed one, karzani, kane ra, barrag, hydraxon, jetrax, and skall

2 Likes

Well this is just the incarnation of topic revival now isn’t it.

1 Like