BIONICLE sob stories

I dont know it just happened

1 Like

Hey, I once managed to break one of those gray 5 long axels…

…intentionally though. It was so tight that it got stuck in another piece for years, until I eventually managed wrench it out. It was already torn up so I just broke it for good measure and threw it out.

1 Like

Did it get crushed somehow? 'Cause I can’t imagine any way that piece can snap…

4 Likes

Pin twsted off one of my Lehrak staff ends, missing Avokhii (along with a good portion of my collection from prior to '06), Reidak’s rubber spine piece cut up by my younger brother, cat mistook a bucket of pieces for a litterbox… I could go on for hours. It’s a miracle my collection has survived as long as it has, despite my stupid younger self’s seeming best efforts to prevent such a thing.

6 Likes

Lost my Metrutoran’s masks D: (Except Ehrye)

5 Likes

Now I have seen some doozies

but this is just

wow

One is like 10 times the other’s size.

Anyway, I have a sob story.

I was playing with Hewkii Inika, my first BIONICLE set, on a play ground

BUT ALAS, WHEN I HAD TO LEAVE, I FOUND HIS THIGH ARMOR WAS MISSING

I searched for days after, every time I would come back there

I gave up all hope

(and then a few days later one of the other kids walked up to me and gave me the part, saying he had found it on the ground beneath the swing)

14 Likes

Honestly I don’t know, one day it started cracking then just broke

2 Likes

Do you have pictures? Or a description of where it cracked?

2 Likes

@legomaster1378 unfortunately i do not have the pieces as it was years ago, but it was in the middle part close to where the ball sockets go for the legs.

2 Likes

Dang. It would take a lot of pressure to crack that.

4 Likes

Maybe one day he decided to take a sledge hammer and start whacking it to see how strong LEGO’s plastic was.

8 Likes

Are you implying that ISN’T normal…?

3 Likes

When I was little I had a few bionicles (read: gahlok kal and a Gali toothbrush) and for one Birthday I got takanuva. It was my favorite thing ever.
I was young, and couldn’t comprehend the instructions for ussanui so my mom had to build it for me.
For some reason, I thought I could build takutanuva with just the one set. So I kept repeatedly taking apart the set only to have my mom put it back together.
Needless to say, she got tired of it and threw away all the bionicles in the house. I didn’t touch another set until the blue hydruka.

13 Likes

I always remember Ehlek, my first set to have a part break. The green ball sockets broke shortly after building

7 Likes

I used to have the Hydrukas, and one day, I decided to trade the red and blue rahkshi heads for two Olmaks…

I was to take this shame to my grave…

Now it is free.

8 Likes

O.O

Wha-, What… She punished you for annoying her? She threw it all away to make you stop bugging her? Couldn’t she had just said that she wouldn’t build it for you anymore? Is there more to this story, or…?

15 Likes

I took it apart daily for at least two weeks, if not more (I was like five, so I don’t remember many details). I can understand her frustration.
Plus all the bionicles meant my Gahlok kal, Takanuva, and my brother’s bionicles that he stopped playing with (another Gahlok kal and either Tahu or Onua nuva). plus she probably just gave them to someone else or something. I could probably track them down If I spent enough effort.

5 Likes

Yes. Socket joints are known to break. Large torso pieces… not so much.

4 Likes

Iwasbeingsarcasticabouthiscomment ._.

3 Likes

Then use /s.

10 Likes