BIONICLE The Fighting Game Concept

DISCLAIMER:
Ok. Hear me out. I know the Glatorian Fighting game exists. This is different.
////////////

STORY
I dont really know what story this would really suit, or which arc of Bionicle this SHOULD cover. Maybe the game can have a made up story made for the game that uses canon but isn’t canon, kinda like Bionicle heroes. But if its one thing, I want either Makuta Teridax or The Shadowed One as the primary antagonist and i want at LEAST the Toa Mahri and Nuva as the main protags.

GAMEPLAY
The game will use the 3D stage model that TEKKEN does, or at least borrows off the concept of sidestepping and fully 3D movement. Some stages will have transitions kinda like MKvsDC, but no breakable floors or walls, or else we’d pretty much just have modded TEKKEN. General rounds are 100 seconds, but the game will focus on both fast and slow paced combat, depending on the character.

CHARACTER OVERVIEWS
//
TOA

Toa Tahu Nuva
Tahu uses fast mids and highs using his swords and fire abilities. He relies on fast 50 50 situations and works primarily based on rushdown.
Traits: Rushdown and Fast Combat
DIfficulty: Basic-Intermediate

Toa Lewa Nuva
Lewa works by controlling the opponent and using his slow heavy hitting combat abilties to control the flow of combat and really control the pace.
Traits: Slow Combat, Control.
Difficulty: Intermediate-Advanced

Toa Pohatu Nuva
Pohatu thrives on rushdown and counter attacks, making use of his stone abilities and tools to cause various rushing and countering attacks, giving him both reliable defensive and offensive capabilities.
Traits; Rushdown, Counter Hits, and Fast combat.
Difficulty; Basic

Toa Gali Nuva
Gali is a very balanced character, mixing both controlling sweeps and overheads with combat pace control, making her a tricky character to nail down. Her defense is inpecible, and is regarded as the most defensive based character in the game.
Traits: Pace Control, Defense.
Difficulty; Advanced

Toa Onua Nuva
Toa Onua is a must have character for players willing to rely on just a few moves to deal big damage. His arsenal of hard hitting attacks and mixups with his grabs make his grappling very useful for combos and combo enders.
Traits: Grappling, Mixups

Toa Kopaka Nuva
Kopaka likes to take the fight slow, keeping his distance while also being able to get up close and personal, and his selection of mid range attacks is great for a methodical gameplay style.
Traits: Mid Range keep outs
Difficulty: Basic

Toa Takanuva
Toa Takanuva is a character who’s low attacks almost outweigh his normal attacks, leading him to actually be very good for sweeping legs and low combos, as he uses his staff to trip and sweep at an opponents legs. His light moves are great for keep out and pressure but have a high frame cost.
Traits: Low Combo starters, good pressure
Difficulty: Basic-Intermediate

TOA MAHRI/INIKA

Note: The Inika are only skins, but all change the ultimate attacks of the Toa assigned.

Toa Matoro
Toa Matoro is a character built for mid to close range engagements, using both his mask powers and ice to be great at both close and midrange, albeit some of his moves are countered easily. However, his mask abilities can be used to counter back and cause pressure.
Traits: MId Range pressure
Difficulty: Intermediate

Toa Jaller
Jaller is a close range devastator, using his crab friend as a turret and his swiping ten hit combos to devastate at closer range. He is capable of rushdown and keep out as his turret can be used a quick counter.
Traits; Rushdown, Close range combo mixups.

Toa Kongu
Toa Kongu REALLY likes his guns. He uses his dual Cordak Blasters to create valuable pressure, despite his heavier and slower movement speed. He is very useful for causing small bits of pressure and long range disruption. The same can be said about his Inika skin, as his crossbow can be used in the same way as his Cordak Blasters. And yes, he can zone.
Traits; Long range and mid range pressure, Zoning.

Toa Nuparu
Toa Nuparu is great at blocking damage and giving it back, making him another great mixed character. He can use his shield to both block and deal small amounts of damage, and is one of the only characters to have an unblockable, that being his Ultimate, albeit his ultimate cant be comboed and has 23 startup frames, making it hard to use yet so satisfying to hit.
Traits: Damage blocking and his risk-reward 5050s

Toa Hahli
Toa Hahli is very unorthodox relying on her fins to create small bits of flight, leading to air mixups and reliable launchers and offensive versatility,
Traits: Air combos and offensive utility

Toa Hewkii
Hewkii is very reliant on his mask power, utilizing it in a variety of long range grabs and gravity combos, making his combos hard to hit yet very rewarding for 5050s.
Traits: Air combos and 5050s

MAKUTA

Teridax
Makuta Teridax is a very rushdown and offensive powerhouse, utilizing his teleportation and multiple 10 and 12 hit combos and shadow moves to deal big damage and leave his opponent shaken.
Traits: Rushdown, Combo Heavy offense.
Difficulty: Basic-intermediate

Makuta Antroz
Makuta Antroz is a character centered around his poking and stance play. He utilized two stances to deal his primary combos and uses his high poking tools such as his D1-3, B32 or DF12.
Traits: Poking, Stance and Pressure

Makuta Vamprah
Makuta Vamprah relies on her use of grabs and her multiple strings to give good pressure and control over her opponent, leading her to be a great grappler and great with her offensive utilities.
Traits: Grabs, Offensive strings

Makuta Chirox
Chirox is reliant on his Shadow Matoran Minion and a handful of Rahi to stay away from the opponent and play keep out to an effective T.
Traits: Defense, Space play

Makuta Krika
Krika has a well diverse set of moves, making use of his long range to deal long sweeping attacks and long chains to control how slow or fast the round goes by, making him a great Control character.
Traits: Combat control, Long range.

Makuta Gorast
Gorast is an aggressive and very offensive character, utilizing her fast strikes and counter hits to barrage the opponent and deal big combo damage, her Ultimate is one of the best in the game as it’s frames are faster than most of the ults in the game.
Traits: Aggro Playstyle, Counters

Makuta Bitil
Bitil is built around using the environment to his advantage, making use of wall jumps and his flying abilities to confuse the opponents yet deal great damage at the same time.
Traits: Unorthodox play style
Difficulty: Advanced

SPECIALTY CHARACTERS
Characters who don’t have a catagory such as Toa or Makuta but are not DLC characters but unlock able characters through the story.

Mata Nui
The legendary Glatorian Mata Nui is surprisingly built around Offensive poking and heavy hits and counter hits, making him the third most offensive based character despite having a shield. He relies mainly on his Shield to do his heavy strikes and blocks and his short yet strong strings to deal primary damage.
Traits: Offensive Combos, poking.

The Shadowed One
The leader of the Dark Hunters is a very balanced character overall. He holds his own in close quarters using his short 7-8 move combo strings to provide both good pressure and great frame advantage, while also giving out good mid to long range poking damage.
Traits: Pressure, great damage at all ranges.

DLC CHARACTERS AND PREORDER CHARACTERS

PREORDER
Lhikan
Toa Lhikan is a great character for his mix ups and 5050 reliability, as he is very tricky to catch when he gets you into a situation you can’t just press buttons out of. Oh, and he can block small damage using the lava board as a shield.
Traits: Mix ups, 5050s

DLC
Vezok
Vezok is ambitious with his high damage and his stances that can just armour through attacks, making him a very tricky opponent. His Harpoon has great range for swings and his combos deal high damage when his ultimate is fused into it.
Traits: High damage, Armour stances

Zaktann
Zaktann is a fast paced character, utilizing his ability to split up his body and phase through attacks, making his defense and evasive heavy play style very good. He also has decent offensive capability since his combo strings, despite some of their frame disadvantages, have great pressure opportunities and open up many different ways to deal damage.
Traits: Multiple Damage outputs, Evasive playstyle

Hakann
Hakanns fighting style can be described in five words: All Aggro All the Time. He is very aggressive with multiple overheads and high pressure combos, making him the most aggressive and pressure heavy character in the game.
Traits: PRESSURE

Thok
Thok is a character who can use his dual weapon to great advantage. He can freeze you in place then set you up for an amazing combo, he can use his hook/blade to cause great counters and he can use his ice blaster to interrupt attacks and counter attack.
Traits: Counter Hit baiting, combos

Avak
Avak is a ground and pound type character, utilizing his jackhammers moves to cause his opponents feet to suddenly be above them, aka he can cause small ground pounds to launch his opponent into the air for brutal combos.
Traits: Air combos and Ground work

Reidak
Reidak is a very…weird character. He has stances that can lead to a Grab, A mid, a Low, an overhead and another combo starter where he can use the same stance over and over, however this is very hard to hit without practice. His abilities are mainly low and mid hitting, making him the lowest ranked Piraka but not the lowest ranked character.
Traits: Good mix up and stance combos

Gresh
Gresh is a straight forward aggressive and aggressive poking character, utilizing his fast combos and poking to chip away at the opponents health.
Traits: Fast and useful pokes, Combos

STAGES
Bara Magna Arena
Ta Koro
Ga Koro
Po Koro
Onu Koro
Le Koro
Ko Koro
Bohrok Nest
Makutas Lair
Mahri Nui Air Fields
The Pit
Piraka Stronghold
Karda Nui Lowlands

Thoughts?

4 Likes

So… super smash Bios.? I’m down for that.

One thing though, way to many DLC charecters IMO. I for one, would rather have it all out of the box. I don’t mind Lihkan being preorder, but Takanuva seems a bit much to me.

1 Like

Nidhiki and Krekka would be cool to see.

I was gonna add Takanuva as DLC or Preorder but I ultimately wanted him to be in the core game, also I couldn’t really add the Barraki or else that’d be too many characters. And I wanted to see the Piraka as DLC cause them in the base game just doesn’t seem good imo.

@TheMOCingbird

Nidhiki was actually my first thought when I was gonna add Lhikan in. But ultimately wanted a roster of less than 35-40 characters

@ProfSrlojohn

Kinda? I was thinking more like TEKKEN 7 but With Bionicle but that works too.

One on one fighting you know?

Edited for… QUADRUPLE POST?- Prentice1215

1 Like

I see what you mean. I mostly said that because i have no experience woth Tekken, only Smash Bros and the old Street Fighters.

Also, so is Takanuva in the core game or not? Because you currently have him listed as Preorder.

Again, I’d rather not have DLC at all, but I’m an old curmudgeon at heart, and would rather just buy the whole thing at once, or in big bunches like expansion packs. (And by expansion packs, I mean major changes like Civilization expansion packs) Then again, I’m the weirdo who would rather have a physical cartridge or disc than a download so, there you go.

Takanuva is core game. I’ll take him off preorder

Typos, they’ll be the death of all of us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I always thought of a BIONICLE fighting game taking more after an Arc Sys style fighting game, but it’s interesting to see a more Tekken-inspired take on the concept.

Honest to god, always wanted TEKKEN 7 and I got it for Christmas this year. I’ve watched so many people play it then I’m like “what if Bionicle was like that”.

This sounds suuuper cool, and it makes me want a Tekken mod just to see it in some form.

The only thing I kinda disagree with is Lewa’s playstyle. As the signature Toa of Air, he out of all the cast should be most focused on aerials. I like the idea of him being a bit of a spacer, but instead of slow heavy attacks that don’t really fit his character, Lewa should focus on being an annoying little bugger who is constantly in the air and evading attacks.

He still dictates the pace that way, but instead of the weird, slow combat he would pick his engagements more by being super quick and agile.

Everyone else fits really well with their playstyle (Onua as a grappler is a thing I need right now). DLC and preorder stuff is almost exactly what I’d imagine, though it’d be really cool if the Piraka were all one character with different traits based on the skin (kinda like how the TMNT are handled in Injustice 2).

I’d love to see all kinds of skins for the characters too. Mata and Phantoka/Mistika forms for the Nuva, a Toa of Shadow variant for Takanuva, maybe Metru skins for Lihkan?

Also, I’d love to hear what everyone’s ultimates would be!

1 Like

I think I’ll make a separate post for the Ultimates. It’ll be hard to describe but yea. I wanted the Piraka originally to be one Piraka with the traits of all the other Piraka.

You’re right about Lewa tho, I didn’t want two flying characters cause Hahli works like that.

1 Like

Also from what I know 3d fighters don’t tend to have a lot of verticality. That’s why I thought a 2d fighting game would probably work better.