BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

I only just started. I’m on Chapter 1 but it never explained that he is Jungle Villager.

1 Like

Well, it’s kind of inferred. :wink:

2 Likes

maybe it was inferred but not very well. When I was talking about the Son of Namoto is the chosen one, you guys might knew who I mean’t, I did thought the Son of Namoto is Bingzak, cause it sounded like him but I wan’t to know about him too, later on in the future and I think maybe in the next Trilogy Bingzak becomes Toa of Jungle and other each 5 Villager from each tribe that we may have a good feeling that some of them will become Toa like the Mata nui Matoran who became Toa in 2006.

I really hope that Merlin Mann stays on to write. Imagine what he could do with the budget!

6 Likes

As much as I love Merlin Mann, I would prefer someone who is more experienced with long episodic productions. Then again, Meriln Mann could be awesome at it, we just wouldn’t know.

4 Likes

Yea, I think he did a great job, I love his work, I think he should do the Story Writing for the Episodes.

/initiate protocol: greg_farshtey

5 Likes

I would just like to point something out, in regards to the possible art style. Take a look at the 2016 armor, as shown in Episode 18:

That doesn’t fit the current animation style; it’s far too detailed.

So…could this be a teaser, and this is what the Netflix series will look like? I sure hope so, because I’m really liking this style.

14 Likes

Here’s the real question:

Will Andrew Jeffers come back to voice all of the characters?

1 Like

Why not? Especially Gali again. He did her voice so well. /s

7 Likes

I did notice about those, I bet that the Toa will have these as their 2016 masks, BIONICLE 2016 Easter egg there that I only saw.

1 Like

Heeeeeeeeeeeey. That kind of looks like the comics in G1’s first five years.

To be fair it’s not really a different style, just more detailed. Keep in mind this Easter egg was meant to stick out for fans to see. Actually now that I look at it again it does fit the current animation style (thick black lines, same crystal texture, same drawing style)

2 Likes

Well, comparing the 2016 armor to the Skull Villain armor:

…how, exactly, are they similar in animation style? The Skull Villain armor is, in real life, a pretty complex and detailed piece, but it is very simplified in the animations (as are many things.) The 2016 armor, however, looks like a totally different style. The shading is different, the lines are thinner, and it’s very detailed.

I suppose you could say that they wanted it to stand out…but honestly, why change to a completely different style if they would only use it for literally just a few pieces?

Doesn’t detailing count as part of the style?

2 Likes

The skull armor is a moving prop where this is static background detail. Also incredibly detailed shoulders would have been very distracting.

Dunno, maybe because it was intended to be a look into 2016 (in a perfect scenario where no leaks existed), maybe to make it simpler would have made it overlooked, maybe they really wanted to give the community a detailed look at a never before seen (again in a perfect scenario) new part.

Yes
http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/characters/screenshots%20spot%20pictures/1hy2015_cs_onua_1.png?l.r2=-498306792
If I were to compress these all these crystals together, we would get something similar to the 2016 part or the mask pillar in the background.

2 Likes

Eh…fair enough, I suppose. Though, my biggest problem is that these pieces don’t fit the rest of the animation style. The colors are darker and more realistic, and the crystal armor is very textured–with more realistic shading, more edges, etc. In the cave picture you linked, the colors are bright, and all the shapes and shading are very basic. Detailing is possible in the current animation style, but this is a different kind of detailing.

It is quite possible that they just wanted to go “Hey fans, look at this!”, but I just doubt that they would put so much…effort, into designing a box of pieces.

But I’m probably wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This would be an interesting Twist, Just like what the TTV Is wondering, Ekimu is not in his body but it was Makuta. I’d be interested to see this happen and I do wonder if it will happen in the Revenge of the Skull Spiders Novel, and the BIONICLE Netflix show, maybe it wouldn’t work for the Journey To One show but It will be interesting to see.

New Link of IMDB for it is here but the Voice actors are not yet Confirmed Lego Bionicle: The Journey to One (TV Series 2016) - IMDb

Who do you guys want most as voice actors for the toa in journey to one?

(The following list is not meant to be taken 100% seriously)
Tahu: Tom Hardy
Gali: Any girl will do but Tara strong is a nice option
Onua: Morgan freeman
Lewa: Miles Teller
Kopaka: Tom Cruise
Pohatu: Hugh Jackman

6 Likes

I don’t know if any of you play halo but for tahu I’d like the voice of Spartan Locke

2 Likes