BIONICLE VS Ninjago: A Crash course in set integration

Moving the conversation here because Cronk said to.

So which one do you think handled set-integration the best? (as in providing in-universe explanations for the sets and why they are what they are.)

I personally think HF did it the best, but that is not the question.

NINJAGO OR BIONICLE. GO!

3 Likes

Galidor.
Or maybe Exo-Forceā€¦

1 Like

Bionicle, you heathens!

2 Likes

If weā€™re talking G1 Bonkle vs Ninjago, Iā€™d have to go with the Bonkles. The combiners, especially. But, seeing as how many collectibles went unused in G2ā€™s story, I have to say that Ninjago wins.

I agree Ninjago did very well on this and G2 didnā€™t, But if you take G1 separately then G1 edges out Ninjago Because of collectibles. Althoughā€¦ there was that ā€˜sub-themeā€™ ā€œBad Guy and Friendsā€.

2 Likes

G1 Bonkles > Ninjago > G2 Bonkles

Simple as that! o3o

1 Like

Personally, Ninjago has completely and utterly destroyed G2 in terms of set integration (and yknow, good looking sets ouo). However, as seems to be consensus, G1 did set integration and sets just as well (if not better) than Ninjago.

so, basically the same thing everybody else said.

1 Like

In my mind, thereā€™s no question that Ninjago, and even Chima, handled integration better thanG2. That said, I wouldnā€™t go back in time and connive to force Lego to get rid of, say, the trans-red and gunmetal hunter mask in 71312. Sometimes, spare parts are just that- excellent looking spare parts that are good for creativity.

1 Like

I would love this, I want an excuse to bring back bionicle

I would say Ninjago, considering the fact that pretty much all of the sets from 2012 onwards, appeared in the show in some way. :wink: I mean, normally a set will be made before a story made for it, yet sometimes a thing in the show will lead to a set being made. Yet, itā€™s good to keep in mind that Ninjagoā€™s sets had vehicles and buildings, while Bionicleā€™s sets mainly had characters and creatures. :wink: I suggest watching the interview with the Hageman Brothers for more insight on that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ninjago can never beat G1s collectible intergration.