Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Based on…what, exactly?

3 Likes

Tbh I have no concreate info on this so take what I say with a grain of salt.

One example I can think of was the decision to remove Takanuva from the Lego movie
Another be found in the netflix documentary were the interviewed employes all seemed in unison with that it does not fit the Lego system.

Again I don’t have anything more than that to base it on so I really don’t think anyone should take my previous post as facts.

Also this is a personal opinion of mine henced why I worded it “I believe Lego isn’t” and not “Lego isn’t”

2 Likes

I think that’s because Takanuva didn’t appear in G2 (Fs in the chat) and so the kids who were actually around for the film’s release wouldn’t know who he was.

Haven’t seen it, but that doesn’t sound like dissing the IP so much as the old building system and/or CCBS. A System-based constraction theme would probably stave off their concerns about this. And this is just some employees, not the company as a whole.

Yeah, but I just wanted to know where you were coming from. I haven’t seen a whole lot of truly well-founded naysaying insisting that Lego doesn’t want to touch Bionicle ever again.

6 Likes

I don’t believe they have lost all hope in the ip I just think that they aren’t as keen on doing it in the near future.

To ■■■■■ back to the topic, I’d say I’m excited to see where he takes his idea and what he plans to do with the snow corporation comissions and so on.

5 Likes

When the Lego Movie 2 was being made, Bionicle was, and was intended to be at the time of its release, an active property. When TLM2 was pushed back due to development hecc and Bionicle was subsequently cancelled, there was no financial benefit to his inclusion, so he was removed.

7 Likes

Probably for the best. The leaked concept art showed Takanuva as being part of Rex’s gang. Since Takanuva was such a major hero in Bionicle lore, I think Bionicle fans would’ve been pretty mad if Takanuva was made into a bad guy.

2 Likes

not sure if this is related but is uses the words “Biological Chronicle”

15 Likes

Looks sick! The figure reminds me of Cad Bane.

4 Likes

On the instagram post of that picture, he used the hastag #Biovial. I don’t know if that it supposed to rhyme with jovial, or vial as in the container.

4 Likes

I don’t know… any hope I had in understanding Faber evaporated long ago.

If i had to guess, jovial, but I really don’t know.

2 Likes

Biovial? Bio-Vial could also make sense. In the post I have shown with the picture above, he mentions stuff like “bio-currents”

Still very cryptic, but kinda feels more fleshed out. We know the creature who made the dialogue runs on some sort of energy source, and is is looking for parts. Parts to what? For all we know itself.

edit:

looking at the instagram post it’s Biovival not Biovial

I think it’s supposed to be a combination of revival and bio from bionicle

7 Likes

Ah… that makes significantly more sense.

2 Likes

Ah. Okay. Don’t know why I misread that.

3 Likes

it happens to all of us lol

2 Likes

I think it’s just the short form of Biological Chronicle of Survival.

1 Like

SuddenlyOranges confirmed to be in association with 3ionicle?

2 Likes

Another post from Faber:

You have just awoken. Your exposed frame is screaming for energy and your brain is searching for meaning. Your memory is blank. What is this strange unknown place. Seeking shelter in a nearby cave, you discover some…

14 Likes

It looks so cool! So… Biocraft?

That’s a Mata build if ever I saw one. It’s also the single most concrete teaser we’ve gotten.

5 Likes

The strange thing here is, he’s using the #2020rebel and #biovival tags, which makes no sense.

(Or at least, that’s what Sokoda said the tags were. I don’t have instagram, so I can’t check)

2 Likes