Blender for Beginners Topic

Created this topic for those interested in 3D stuff, mainly blender. If you need help in Blender, let me know down below. I can help you with the basics. If you already know how to use blender, feel free to give advice to others new to blender.

p.s. Blender is free! https://www.blender.org/
p.s.s. We need more Bionicle 3D projects. I believe Vrahno, Failsafe42, and Tohkann are well known for their 3D animations.
Many Bionicle 3D projects get cancelled or put on hiatus.

7 Likes

Maybe I should take a look into 3d agian…

1 Like

I’d love to learn more.

1 Like

Teach me sensei ToaRider.

I need to get home first to test though…

1 Like

@LTVmocs @DannyBoyy
First, download Blender. Easy step. Download — blender.org
If you have mac, choose mac. If you have windows, choose windows. Also, if your computer runs 32 bit, choose 32 bit. If it runs 64 bit, choose 64 bit. You can find out which bit your computer runs by typing in your search box, “system information.” If you have windows 10, you can just type, “about your pc.”
Also, if you do run mac, you should probably buy a mouse as it will be more easier to use than without one. It’s alright if you don’t have a mouse for mac.

Here are blender’s requirements for what is average and what is best for your pc to work with blender:

Minimum (basic usage) hardware
32-bit dual core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support.
2 GB RAM
24 bits 1280×768 display
Mouse or trackpad
OpenGL 2.1 compatible graphics with 512 MB RAM

Recommended hardware
64-bit quad core CPU
8 GB RAM
Full HD display with 24 bit color
Three button mouse
OpenGL 3.2 compatible graphics with 2 GB RAM

Optimal (production-grade) hardware
64-bit eight core CPU
16 GB RAM
Two full HD displays with 24 bit color
Three button mouse and graphics tablet
Dual OpenGL 3.2 compatible graphics cards with 4 GB RAM

1 Like

Glad to see this topic here. Soon, there may be more than one Mask Maker in town.

Additionally, Adobe Fuse is a 3D modeling program that you can get a week-long trial on for free, and it’s heavily discounted if you’re a student. The computer lab at your school may have it.

1 Like

This will definitely be a good topic to keep my eye on. I also use blender and you could see some of the things I am currently working on or already have finished over on a topic I created which was for 3D modeling and printing(3D Printing and Modeling)(not trying to advertise)

What exactly do you mean by Bionicle 3D projects?

2 Likes

Fan films or anything 3D related to Bionicle. But,many get cancelled or put on hiatus, famously Bionicle Next Generation and Bionicle quest of the toa. Only people so far that have made Bionicle CGI stuff are Vrahno, Tohkann, and Failsafe42.

Unreal engine is great for game design. Just wished Blender’s game engine would be useful someday.

1 Like

Andrew Price is a great tutor for you guys learning blender. This should help you guys start. His channel is Blender Guru on youtube. There is also Tutor4u as well. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’m working on a game with the unreal engine and I started working a little with blender to make 3D models.

Sadly I have to wait to learn more until my computer is fixed.

1 Like

how do i render my animation as an mp4 help

1 Like

Shouldn’t there just be an option (perhaps concealed in a drop-down menu) to export in that format? It’s an extremely widespread standard for video.

I mean I can select the mppeg i don’t know how to spell im sorry format and choose to export as mp4, but when i render an export it only saves as a png.

Hmmmmm, I don’t have any firsthand experience with Blender. You haven’t had any luck with looking up exporting tutorials?

How does one make custom bionicle masks on Blender? I just downloaded it and am interesting in making one for myself!