Boards CSS Update II: Electric Boogaloo

Yep, the site has changed again. Following the aftermath of the Kahi Boards, the site has been updated to more accurately mirror ttvpodcast.com, with brighter blue banner, a new background, and different colored notifications!

So let’s all discuss this change of events 'n such! Feel free mention any bugs or issues that you have (though note that, as of the creation of this topic, this update has not affected Mobile).

For those of you who don’t like the change and would like to switch back to the old skin, check out this topic here.

26 Likes

I love this new boards.

Seems like it’s more happier for some odd reason.

Out with the old, in with the new.

10 Likes

It’s a bit too different from the original for my liking, with the brighter colors and the Red and Orange Notifications.

It’ll take some getting used to, but it objectively looks better.

2 Likes

DOn’t like the notification colors. it’s too much of a change, an they don’t seem happy IMO.

It’s different and new, but I look at it like when Kyle the Notification Bubble died. Out with the old, in with the new, and I like it.

1 Like

Don’t know why but I love the new colours of the notifications much better than the boring blue and green :slight_smile: .

Probably cos I love fire, though it’s not overboard like the overbearing red Kahi Boards

7 Likes

I call this the “not edgy message boards”.
What do you think?:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

This is infinitely better. It feels more professional, the notification color is orange now for some reason, and it looks good.

But this
this
this font triggers me

12 Likes

I dislike the change. All this update dose is make the boards less recognizable.
Honestly the colours seem a bit distractingly bright.

but the notifications are still blue? because it blends with the top bar

Exit the tab, then come back. now they’re orange!

2 Likes

The only difference I’ve really spotted is the background.

:thumbsup: for that comment :slight_smile:

WHY can’t I like as much as I’d like? It makes me sad…

It still says what the this is just like before, so I don’t see how this point makes sense. I prefer the old colors, but I like the change.

1 Like

mrw based var does a good update

http://i.imgur.com/IrgF6VW.png

22 Likes

Looks like the dual suns on tatooine, intentional or happy coincidence?

2 Likes

?
Are you referring to the fact it still says TTV Message board?
Because I was referring to instant recognisability.

The backdrop ends after a bit, I wish it went all the way down

I just want to mention that a lot of the changes going forward are experimental, so you might notice some weird things that you don’t particularly like and that’s totally fine.

Feel free to mention any criticisms, or things you notice that just don’t work (like the notifications blending into the background).
Obviously we have our vision for how we want the site to look, but we also don’t want to make it unusable so I’ll be here to work with you guys on any changes that need to be made :smile:

We’ll be experimenting a lot with colors, so you might see some changes to things like notifications, pms, new topics, etc. and these will likely undergo multiple iterations before we settle on a final look.

9 Likes