Bohrok Sea Temple (feat Gali, Nokama and Tarakava minifigs) - TTV MOC Contest #2

Imgur

Toa Gali and Turaga Nokama investigate the mysterious temple on the shores of Naho Bay - but they’re ambushed by an angry Tarakava! Help Gali defeat the dangerous Rahi and discover the the secrets of the Bohrok Sea Temple!

Imgur

• Raise and lower the temple door!
  • Pull out the back axles to make the pillars collapse!
  • Includes Toa Gali, Turaga Nokama and Tarakava minifigures!
  • Set contains 366 pieces
  • RRP $34.99

Imgur

Imgur

My entry for TTV’s MOC Contest #2 where the challenge is to create a feasible Bionicle set using mainly System elements. Wanted to do a few entries but unfotunately ran out of time.

Also, I know the Photoshopping isn’t great, but given my newbish skills and time constraints I’m really happy happy with how it turned out. (Not sure why the pics are showing up squished here on TTV though.)

Let me know your thoughts!

79 Likes

This is amazing, and the Tarakava is the best I’ve seen throughout the duration of this contest.

3 Likes

This looks really good.

1 Like

Not only is the moc great, the editing on last few pics is very reminiscent to how Lego themselves would usually showcase a function on the back of the box (or in the instructions) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This is great!!!
The best part about this would either be the shrine, or the tarakava.
Speaking of which, how did you create the treads?

The Tarakava is really good, Gali looks awful though.
The structure looks nice but whats the point of the tridents collapsing?
(its not letting me quote so ima just copy the text)
“Help Gali defeat the dangerous Rahi and discover the the secrets of the Bohrok Sea Temple!”
Whats the point of using this headline if there IS no secret to fight for, like add a gold mask in the temple, make something for the characters to fight for.

1 Like

I’d assume the ‘secret’ would be that golden Krana.

The structure looks very well though out, as is the way you integrated elements of the Bohrok into the temple. The mini Tarakava is nice as well.

1 Like

This is a very solid build.

1 Like

Whoa this is cool! I like the function and the clean appearance.

1 Like

Like all your MOCs this looks amazing,Especially that Tarakava

2 Likes

I wanted to include a collapsing function in the build. The idea is that the temple is crumbling and falling apart because it’s so ancient.

In retrospect, it does look a bit silly - I probably should have added little balconies/walkways balanced over the pillar, so the collapsing would look more spectacular (and would take any characters stood on the walkways with it).

It’s the implication that there’s more to the temple than we see - but you’re right, there should be something hidden in there. During building I did consider adding rooms inside the ‘shoulders’ of the building, but they ended up looking a bit cramped.

Gee, thanks. I don’t mind a bit of constructive criticism, but calling it ‘awful’ without any explanation or tips to improve is just an insult.

They’re just Technic chains looped over three ‘wheels’ - two ball joints and one bushing. I’ve posted a breakdown of the Tarakava on Instagram, but I can certainly post it here too if you like?

That’s what I was going for! Glad it came across well. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and critiques!

2 Likes

She looks weak and frail, her arms look huge in proportion to the body and legs, and she’s hardly taller than Nokama.

Thanks. I appreciate you coming back with some constructive feedback.

I wanted to go with the Martian/droid torso as I think it’s the one minifig torso piece which most resembles the Toa Mata torso. Unfortunately that meant I was quite limited for compatible leg pieces - I agree the legs look too spindly.

As for the arms, you’re also right to say they’re out of proportion. I went through a few different choices for the arms/hooks (including HF fig arms with Vikings horns) but these were the ones I eventually went with. I want to build more Bionicle minifigs in the future, so I’ll explore different options for arms next time.

I’m not really happy with Nokama and would like to rebuild her to match the design/scale of the Gali fig more closely.

2 Likes

I love this! I would totally buy it if it were a real set.

1 Like