Boku No Hero Academia (Spoiler-Free)

I fell in love with this show and I’m not exactly sure why we don’t have a topic for this gem yet. In all honesty, I do think some people give HeroAca more praise than it deserves, but it certainly is a show I can get behind. Something new and refreshing compared to the sour tragedy of things like SAO, Bleach or AoT.

Please, keep all manga spoilers and recent episodes in a dandy spoiler tag.

Also, Shouto is clearly the best girl. IDK how this is still even an argument, guys.

6 Likes

I’ve just gotten into this over the past month, and it’s become one of my current favorites. I’ve only been watching the anime and dubbed, so I’m a bit behind the rest, but it definitely has the potential to be one of the better shonen themes in a while.

And the best girl is clearly the slime villain from episode 1.

2 Likes

I see you are a man of culture as well.

2 Likes

Ugh, I need a good place to watch this. @Bobofoot has given me a good impression of it, but I don’t know how to actually get to it myself.

I’ve started watching this, and probably will continue

It’s on Crunchyroll. I think it’s on Funimation too for the dub.

1 Like

Okay, thanks! How many episodes are out?

YES!
I love this show to death, one of my top five favorite shows in existence.

Season 1 is Dubbed and Subbed, Season 2 is Subbed to episode 23 (Crunchyroll) and Dubbed to episode 21 (Funimation).

Call me a filthy casual, but I prefer the Dub for a number of reasons, though the Sub is pretty great too if you prefer that sort of thing.

Clearly, there is no compitition. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I like the Dub because I like being able to watch what’s going on instead of having to read the subs.

coughDoublePostcough

Crap, I forgot about that.

I watch dub too. The only time I don’t is if it noticeably edits things. Though I watch One Piece in sub to stay caught up and dub once it comes out, since it’s so good both ways.

I’ve heard of a s**t-eating grin, but that’s some Titan level creepy grinning right there. Just think how quick the sludge guy could take over his body, with a mouth like that.

Probably why he keeps it covered with those hands of his. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love the dub. Usually, dubs suck but HeroAca has it covered good.

Strangely this show has been around for over a year and only recently have I actually started seeing it everywhere.

Also isn’t this where that annoying frog girl meme came from?

Darker things game from The Frog Girl than memes… Much darker.

3 Likes

Boy I hope the animators do that scene justice. Cause they made his entrance in season one not as scary looking.

1 Like

Yeah, if I’m not scared senseless, I will be sorely disappointed.

It’s a good show.

Me likey.

1 Like

So what Quirk would you guys have if you were in their universe?

For me, I’d probably have a power that I once had in a dream as a kid. Since Quirks usually appear at a young age, it seems fitting. I recently fleshed it out a bit for an OC I made.

Quirk: Pupation
Let’s me secrete silk and resinous fluid from my body to form a highly durable shell, with properties of both cocoons and chrysalides.

I’d have some variation of being made of nanobots as my quirk.

1 Like