Bow before me

This is a drawing requested by @Mesonak . I had a lot of fun making this and I hope you guys like it! In case you can’t tell, it is Kulta bowing before Makuta. If I could choose one thing to improve on, it would have to be the mask of control. I can’t place my finger on it, but something just doesn’t feel right. Mesonak, I hope you like it! As always, critiques and constructive criticism are very much appreciated!

16 Likes

Well for one Makuta is leaning back, and his legs could be in a more relaxed position? what I mean is not entirely straight, and Kulta doesn’t really look like he’s bowing, more like he’s a gorilla.

Still I like it, specially how you did the skull armor add ons on the legs.

Might it be the “beard” portion of the mask? The set’s version extends forward a bit more than yours does, so maybe that would help alleviate some of your concern.

@AwesomeJoel27 I’m not sure, but I think Makuta might be leaning a bit because I might have taken the picture crooked, but you might be right. As for Kulta, one thing I thought while drawing him was his arms are too long and his legs are to short. I always draw characters upright or some variation of that, so I do agree with you that he looks a bit like a gorilla.

With absolutely no transition, thank you! I’m glad you like the skull armour! I usually don’t like to take the sets and their pieces too literally.

@Toa_Heatwave You might be right, in fact you probably are right in that sense, but I feel like something’s wrong with the eyes. Also, I just figured out that the mask might be a bit too thin and tall, but it does alleviate some of my concern, so thank you.

2 Likes

I like it, but it feels Kulta is too skeletal.
IDK

Thanks!

Also, I drew Kulta as a skeleton, so he is suppose to be skeletal.

I feel like makata is so scared of kulta, he is about to fall over

1 Like