Breaking CCBS Pieces

50% of all my 3-long blue pins are chipped. I find the black ones stronger for some reason.

In terms of CCBS some bones that I notice are looser than usual are starting to crack at the sockets from constant use

oh wow.

No other pins that I have are broken, except maybe a few squished ones (I used to pull them out of sets with my teeth as a kid, which was not the best plan)

1 Like

Actually you are wrong, black pins are much more weaker than the blue ones. I have two long black pins that are broken.

1 Like

Maybe in your experience, but other people have different experiences, and, possibly, you’re both right.
It’s not always my way or the highway.

1 Like

I would say that’s true considering I’ve never broken a blue pin yet I’ve broken like four black pins.

2 Likes

You’re definitely not. I have to be really careful with mine now.

@TeslaEffect

I can’t find one.

2 Likes

To all of you that think CCBS pieces are invincible, here you go.

4 Likes

I have had some female sockets break, as well as a three-long bone, but this a first.

1 Like

Mate, how hard were you chewing on the part?!?!

3 Likes

I’ve had the 2015 add-on break from tahu

Had several of them break prior - but yeah, they can break like most Lego pieces. Just depends how long. Mine tend to last about 3-6 months before they lose friction and/or start to break

2 Likes

yeah, the only CCBS part I’ve broken is 1 friction adder.

Lol I was gonna use it on a moc but when I stuck it on it just snapped :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Jesus!

how much have you used that part???

Female sockets?

@Sammythekat Idk had it since hf 3.0

Edited for Double Post - Prpl

3 Likes

Oh no the end in nigh

1 Like

Those suckers ain’t invincible
All the sockets at Legoland’s HF/Bonkle attraction were cracked in some shape or form

2 Likes

Really because I still have some from 2.0 sets and they still have plenty of friction, not as much as new but they have been through a lot of mocs.

1 Like

Congrats on being the first person in history to have broken a CCBS joint! :smile:

Just kidding :slight_smile:

1 Like

I collect them.

4 Likes