Brickfair Virginia 2018

As of now, we are roughly 4 months away from yet another Brickfair VA! As many of you may recall, we at TTV made an appearance last year at BrickFair in Virginia. The event is annual, so I figure it’s worth it to open this topic up once again.

For those unaware, this is BrickFair in Chantilly, Virginia. The link to their website is here. The event lasts 5 days, but the public days are August 4th - 5th.

As I did last year, I wanted to have a list to see who will be attending. Please post below if you’ll be attending this year as well! The following lists are always subject to change as nothing is locked in until all flights and housing have been booked, but here’s what we got at this moment.

##cast and Crew:

@Eljay
@TenebraeInvictus
@deadmatoro

###Message Board Members:
@ReeseEH
@ThatchMac
@Waj
@Leoxander
@LQ1998
@KlendaV
@FordianL_at_the_BCC
@Mace3739
@Willess12
@Maquiset_the_Mad
@CZQ
@Ekorak
@toothdominoes
@TheSecretWalrus
@Brickpiler
@TheMOCingbird
@Ar9914
@Hutere

We’re looking forward to it, and looking forward to seeing as many of you there!

See you all soon!

16 Likes

The topic for BF VA 2018 hasn’t been made yet, so I figured I’d share this here.

When I went to Brickfair last year, there was a lot that happened that I wished I had known about beforehand. A few of my friends are heading to Brickfair this year, so I figured I’d write up this guide on surviving and thriving:

(I would post it here, but it’s kinda long and I don’t want to take up too much space)

If you plan on going to Brickfair this year and haven’t been before, I recommend you check this out. And like I mention in the document, if you have questions, contact me. I’m by no means an expert on everything Brickfair, but I can try my best.

Edit: yo forget what I said about not having a BFVA 2018 topic, thanks @Eljay

Edit 2: Electric whatever the meme is: Why don’t you edit it out? >=(

Edit 3: its electric boogaloo: because historical integrity or something
why didn’t YOU edit it out? :thinking:

6 Likes

Pretty nice guide; I would note that for introverts who have a hard time meeting new people, go with a friend/group of friends/people you’ve met online so that you can have someone to hang out with. I had a blast playing board games and gallivanting about the convention hall with the guys I hung out with, and without them I think I would have felt quite lost.

BTW, can we open a 2018 topic?

3 Likes

That’s a great write-up, and I wish I had something like that last year!

2 Likes

Blamo, here we go!

3 Likes

I can’t make it to VA, but I can to NJ! Any one else going…no…just me…ok. Cries inside.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to go to brickfair Virginia since 2017 maybe one day I will don’t hold me to it. You know what I mean I might just randomly show up at the convention or something but if I ever do come I’ll put my name in the list I would be glad to meet the community I don’t know about face to face but I’ll try my best not to be nervous. Like I said guys don’t hold me to it I might not even show up for this year but maybe one day. The only bad thing is I’m still new to the community so yeah

Right now my plan is to go, assuming nothing goes wrong.

MOC-wise, I have something fishy up my sleeve…

10 Likes

I had bought my ticket 2 weeks ago. The flight from Toronto to Virginia is pretty short.

So yay, I will hopefully be going to #brickfair this year.

3 Likes

I’m goin’ again this year and I CAN’T WAIT!

1 Like

Wow! That’s just about everyone!

I see that Ehlek spine. I’m intrigued.

4 Likes

slimes declassified brickfair survival guide

4 Likes

Expect me and the BCC Crew there.

4 Likes

cooking hf except its everyone in the auditorium

2 Likes

Except we get arrested for pouring boiling abs plastic on the convention floor.

3 Likes

no i meant everyone in the auditorium gets cooked in hero factory

2 Likes

Care to tag everyone that has a boards account that’s part of your group so we can add them to the list? : p

EDIT: I added who I could, if you’re aware of the accounts of who I didn’t get, let me know lol

4 Likes

I’ll be there, unless I’m not.

To be serious though, yes, I plan on going again this year.

~W12~

1 Like

You caught them all.

1 Like

If I can’t go this year, I’m going next year. It’s just a little hard to get the money rn X’D