Brickonicle discussion with a Lego Designer.

Perhaps it’s just because I don’t own either of these minifigures and can only look at them in pictures, but I can’t seem to find the sixth colour on either of them. I only see two shades of red on Jestro and I can’t find the light gray on Gordon’s jacket. However if I’m just blind and can’t see something obvious to everyone else, it’s possible that the rule of five is just an approximate, and Lego can go a little over that as long as they’re willing to pay the extra cost for the more expensive minifigure.

-Eban.

2 Likes

It might be the lighting, to be fair, and Gordon is a Collectable Minifigure, which is notably higher budget than usual Minifigures.

That being said, the rule of five is a good rule to stick by, and we made sure to stick by it with every new Minifigure design.

4 Likes

The collectible minifigure aspect makes sense to me. And I can’t wait to see the other Toa designs you guys have come up with, and glad I’m glad I could help in my own small way. Also thank you for calling me out on my mistake. Wouldn’t want to be spreading any fake news.

-Eban.

1 Like

Have you framed that picture yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Unfortunately I haven’t got the proper sizes frame. I’ll get on that, though.

I colorized it and added some stuff.

6 Likes

This is really cool. Hearing that one of the minifigure designers even thought it was a good idea makes me think that if a real pitch was given to someone higher up in Lego, it might actually be considered.

2 Likes