Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

We know the movie is totally separate from the show.

Irrelevant if you are a fan or not a Reboot is a reboot

Point was they changed the cast and crew and it was still successful same could be done with Bionicle

Again… Irrelevant

Not necessarily the New 52 didn’t.
Furthermore at first many of them were not intended to be multiverses that was just something Marvel and DC did so that they could have crossovers and connect say the Earth 616 universe to the Ultimate’s Universe. It wasn’t pre-established at first it was something that was thrown in later.

1 Like

My issue with your examples was Beast Wars, which while a new series with a whole litney of new characters, essentially ended up a sequel to G1 transformers that just so happened to have different writers and a new generation of characters, not a whole new universe or generation

same with the Star Trek(I think)

Yes but my point is, if we have New Characters and it FEELS like it’s still the essential “core” of the franchise than it’s still good. We did not need Captain Kirk or Spock for every new Star Trek show. We did not Need Bumblebee in Beast Wars.
If we can take the core essence of what makes Transformers, Transformers. Or what makes Star Trek, Star Trek and introduce a new set of characters and have it be successful than it’s something new and interesting. We don’t need the same bland set of Toa that G1 or G2 had. As long as we have SOME of the iconic characters like Tahu or Makuta than we can introduce new things. The reason Godzilla reboots work is because they know how to keep Godzilla Godzilla. The reason “Godzilla” 98’ failed was because it lost all semblance and characteristics of Godzilla. We don’t need to have a rehash for a franchise to be successful it can be successful if we add new things in it without losing what makes Bionice, Bionicle.

I can’t help but think the only people arguing we need the same old cast are those who have strong nostalgic ties to G1. I don’t blame anyone for having those (like I said G1 was great) but if we add a new layer of paint and slap it on a Toy shelf then I see no reason for bringing it back because well…it was already there. It’d be sort of like going to see the Phantom Menace in 3D sure it’s in 3D and HD, but does that add anything? Does it change the story, the characters or the Plot? No.

I don’t want a G3 to just be a gilded version of G1, that seems hollow, uninteresting and overall…well…boring. We can keep SOME iconic aspects of G1 but if we just rehash the same story (eg. The Giant Robot or Bohrok/Bohrok-Kal) then what’s the point of making a G3?? Is it just going to be G1 but slightly different? because as I’ve said like 5x at this point, that’s really dull.

2 Likes

First off, I agree that G2’s Toa were bland. Story-wise, G2 did very poorly.
Second off, how are G1’s Toa bland? If anything, they’re probably the most well developed and well-written characters in G1, except for maybe Teridax himself. The group of six had a very well thought-out dynamic, and taking away any of them would certainly change things to a great extent. Without Pohatu, Gali would be the only one keeping the team together. Without Kopaka to keep him in check, Tahu will not make rational decisions.
If you really only want four Toa, there are very simple solutions to that. Take for instance what I suggested:
Kopaka challenges Tahu for alpha male-ship
Kopaka loses and leaves
Pohatu is Kopaka’s best pal and goes with
There! Simple enough, and retains a four-Toa cast while not entirely doing away with beloved characters, one of which, may I remind you, is one of Lord Farshtey’ s favorite characters to write.
Third off, if we’re gonna change everyone so much, why not have new characters?

2 Likes

Your examples don’t support your changes, you want to drastically change a part of the meta, none of your examples changed how the worlds operate, a new cast, a new story, but the worlds were largely left unchanged.

Nobody wants a rehash the story of g1, nobody is arguing for a rehash of g1, we just don’t want massive parts of the meta to be changed for the sake of change.

5 Likes

This.

5 Likes

I think we should just make this part of the discussion another topic, a better controlled topic unless this is integral to the elements

Either way we’re still keeping the 4 traditional elements and thinking of the two for the other main toa if we have six right?

2 Likes

No, they’re debating right now whether we should keep Kopaka and Pohatu or throw them out, since their elements are essentially versions of Onua’s and Gali’s elements.

It is, this all relates to the changes people want to make.

Not everyone agrees on even that.

Half the people here want to completely rewrite how the elements work, like combining water and ice or earth and jungle, completely rewriting the meta and drastically changing the world in the process.

Have only 4 Elements: Fire, Water, Air, Earth.

But Pohatu and Kopaka are also users of Earth and Water. Specilaized in different techniques that others arent.

This is the most basic as it can get if you want 6 characters but the least amount of elements…(or you can have 4, or even more than 6 with this, this doesnt limit the amount of users, it only gives you ways in which you can approach the use of each element with each character).

Yes it may come by as repetitive (two toa using the same element, why in my Bionicle)…so it was in G1 and G2, at least this way you dont have the fake illusion of different elements, you just have the 4 and people in various skill levels with them and specilizations…like it would be with different kinds of people which have different personalities which compliment the abilities they use the most for that element.

By which you mean both earth/stone and water/ice I presume? I still don’t get how people think combining water and ice makes any sense, if you want to try to justify it with science, you better add fire as well, since fire and ice scientifically use the same force, so why does fire get to remain?

1 Like

By that point you may as well just have energy as the one element. With your logic, why even bother.

1 Like

Answer my question, why does fire get a pass but ice doesn’t?

No. Why even bother being here Payinku if you are just going to be so closed up from anything new. You have G1, go there if you want nothing to change, or as you would say “change for changes sake” for all that nonsense.

You can’t justify it can you?

You can’t so you dismiss my point with ‘you just don’t like change’.

Now answer my question Tesla, or admit that you can’t.

4 Likes

I can justify it, but I wont answer it to you cause you dont deserve an explanation.

If you can justify it then do so.

Even if you think I don’t deserve an explanation, doesn’t everyone else?

6 Likes

I concur. I’m honestly curious.

Also, going back to @Matanui606’s poll, the vote is at 13-4, in favor of keeping Ice and Water separate. It’s not unanimous but it’s pretty overwhelming.

6 Likes

And might I ask, what did Payinku do to not “deserve” an answer? He asked a question, that is all.

8 Likes

Simply asking a question makes one deserving of an answer.

This happens all to often, neck Jon did it to me at the beginning of all this. They don’t like your argument so they ignore your relevant points and below your argument out of proportion to trivialize you as a child having a tamper tantrum.

So, basically we shouldn’t be having this argument.

We don’t know what changes they will make.

My point was more that I couldn’t comment on them as I don’t know anything about them.

I knew that word was gonna come back to bite me.

I know right?

In what way am I hypocritical? Because I talk in those topics? I follow the discussion. Because I posted links to the topics? I wanted others to know that the discussion was happening elsewhere. Or are you referring to my topic on TTV’s G3 pitch, which predates the Brickonicle category, doesn’t talk about elements at all, and was specifically created because there was no place to give feedback? Please tell me how I’m being a hypocrite. The rules for the Brickonicle tab clearly state that if your topic doesn’t have to do with TTV’s pitch then it will be moved to the proper creative content category. And if they are talking about TTV’s pitch, then they are duplicate of this topic and should be closed.

5 Likes