Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

Well, just because they didn’t then doesn’t mean we can’t now:

How should the elements work?

• Toa speak to their elements
  • Toa can move their elements like Avatar
  • By the power of Science!
0 voters

I made it so you can vote for two so you can pick your favorite and a backup.

EDIT: nevermind I screwed it up, you can apparently core for all three, and now I can’t edit it. Crap.

EDIT: poll closed due to idioc mistakes, scroll down for new and improved poll.

I wasn’t attempting to mock him, I’m sorry if it appeared that way.

Act as smug as you want, you’re the one who refuses to justify your stance. You can ad hominem me all you want, it doesn’t make me wrong, and it doesn’t make you right.

And fire and ice control temperature,
So I ask again, why does fire get a pass but ice doesn’t?

2 Likes

I want to be clear here before deciding, are the Toa speaking to their elements same as the Toa being the incarnations of the elements themselves, as such when they speak to the elements they speak within themselves.

If not then, would the Toa being the Elements themselves also be an option for adding into the poll?

That was not how I was interpreting it.

Would if I could, once a poll has bites it can’t be edited. I could close that one and make new one that I don’t do wrong if you want.

Oh well that sucks, Ill just put a vote to the closest one then.

If you find it better and not a problem to do so, I dont see the negative of this.

I can make a new one, I messed up the first one anyway by making it so you can vote for all of them instead of just two…

New Poll that I don’t screw up (hopefully):

How should the elements work? (Choose two, your favorite and your next best choice)

• Toa speak to their elements
  • Toa can move their elements like Avatar
  • Toa ARE the elements
  • By the power of Science!

0 voters

4 Likes

‘like Avatar’ is, bar semantics, how the elements functioned in the previous generations, I see no reason to change that when changing it would drastically change the entire theme, this isn’t just a new story or a new cast, this is something that fundamentally changes the principles of the universe.

4 Likes

Fire doesn’t though. A Toa of Fire would be limited by the oxygen around him. He could hypothetically burn more oxygen (or other gasses) to create a hotter flame or increase the output of his flame. He could NOT however make something cold, in the same way a Toa of Water would not be able to make anything combust. Both can modify the temperature of their respective ELEMENT but not everything around them. So a Toa of Fire could modify the temperature of Fire by modifying how that fire reacts with the oxygen, A Toa of Water would only be able to modify the Temperature of Water. A Toa of Earth would only be able to modify the temperature of Earth. We could says this applies to ALL Toa if we want but there wouldn’t be a point to that for like a Toa of Jungle/Plantlife, or Lightning or Gravity etc. So there’s no reason for those guys.

And bear in mind there wouldn’t be a science lesson in the story either, Tahu wouldn’t at one point go “well Fire is a chemical reaction and that’s I can’t make Ice” or anything.

It would just be that the Toa can manipulate the state of their elements into multiple forms.

Technically true, I used ‘Like Avatar’ simply because someone has said it, it is pretty much exactly how elements worked in G1.

3 Likes

Ok whoever said that is wrong as that’s not true at all. The Toa were CLEARLY Able to Generate their own elements from within. (not faulting you just pointing out that that’s flawed)

And to be clear I’m not suggesting that Water for example would have to be present for Gali to use Water, I’d very much like the Toa to generate their own elements and manipulate those as well as being able to manipulate the elements around them when they are present.

Also true, forgot about that part…

Fire requires heat, which is why it’s the antithesis of ice fire is hot, ice is cold, as elements they have the ability to heat and cool things respectively, you’re striping both of their abilities but keeping fire.

Combine it with fire, heat up the plants until they spontaneously combust. Now both fire and ice are irrelevant, so why keep fire?

You’re right, which is why I said bar semantics.

I would prefer the Toa being the elements themselves…which to me would not limit them from visually manipulating their element similar to Avatar (since by this it would just be an extension of themselves)…which is why I chosen those two.

By the end of the series they may effectively be demi-gods/Gods by power level they possess…but they would only use their full power for an equally or stronger opponent if necessary.

I would make them start of not even realising what their capabilities are, slowing building up their confidence over the series when by the end when mastering their abilities they also master themselves and realise who they actually are…but they would never realise that if they never worked for that revelation.

1 Like

My problem with this is that it prevents the introduction of new Toa later in the story.

6 Likes

so something like Superman?

1 Like

Yes I am aware of that. This would be a much more personal take on the Toa and the elements a nod to the Heros Journey cycle in a way.

In a general way, yes.

1 Like

Yeah, but it also doesn’t give a chance to branch out and see new characters, and that makes the gender imbalance a much bigger problem. I know I am not alone when I say I don’t want any of the Toa Mata to be gender bent, and we can get away with that for a while by diversifying the genders throughout the villages, bit eventually we’d need to introduce some more female Toa that aren’t water based.

2 Likes

All this talk about elements and we haven’t even discussed villains yet.

That’s for a later discussion, this topic’s already crazy enough.

5 Likes

I don’t find gender imbalance to be a problem, I’m not saying I don’t want female characters, but you shouldn’t actively try to balance them, it leads to quotas and token characters.

That said, what elements would have female toa? I wouldn’t want all the females to have similar personalities, that would be dull.

1 Like