Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

People were thinking about the traditional 4 elements and attempts at injecting unnecessary science into this

2 Likes

Most people seem to agree with you. Sadly not everyone, thus the conflict.

5 Likes

Something something science, I think?

Change for the sake of change if you ask me. It adds nothing in the way of story potential.

5 Likes

Aside from what I’ve been advocating for, the main reason simply seems to be change for change’s sake, which isn’t really a good thing.

Also, hoooooooooly heck, this thread’s gotten to the point where the only new element we need is salt. I missed a lot of bickering, didn’t I?

7 Likes

Yeah, it was just starting to die down and people were being reasonable, then more people showed up and things are starting to devolve again.

I guess it’s like Pay said, then–this is the exact reason why the community shouldn’t have power. At this point, I should just pursue a job at Lego, work my way up the ranks, and bring back Bionicle my own way just to spite you all, myself included.

3 Likes

@JMP @Matanui606 @Cordak_the_Cynical_Makuta @Sirkeksalot wow! Quickest replies I’ve ever had on the boards! Thanks for summing up 5000000000 posts, you spared me a couple of decades of reading :stuck_out_tongue:.

Pretty much, but hey, it’s still fun for those of us twisted enough to enjoy it.

1 Like

Maybe once TTV starts writing things in stone (not Iron, mind you), things will start to calm down.

6 Likes

Yeah.

Ha, good one.

5 Likes

we can only hope, but really any interesting ideas we have had might end up being ignored because of the large number of arguments.

3 Likes

You know, to get back to actually talking about something constructive, I feel the need to ask whether Shadow should even count among the actual elements. I mean, think about it, what exactly is it? Just the absence of light? Because that’s not very imposing. An empty void? Because then it’s not stuff that exists in nature, it’s just nothingness. I feel like it should be counted as a power and not a true element, but that’s just me.

It definitely shouldn’t be counted as a Toa element.

4 Likes

just for future reference, the shorthand for my username is yink.

Not a bad idea tbh, definitely turn out better than if the community was given free reign.

I’d change it a bit, based on mnog teridax’s ‘I am nothing’, the villains overarching element is shadow, nothingness, the antithesis of the toa, who create, Makuta only destroys, not even light escapes his power.
Or something like that.

4 Likes

in Skylanders, the “elements” of Dark and Light takes on powers that are based on celestial bodies. Black holes for the Dark element and Stars for the Light element.

or atleast thats what the wiki says, some skylanders of those elements have powers that really basicly goes a bit beyond the celestial body idea, with dark being also able to control shadows.

i just mentiond it and really the wiki nor the skylander franchise gives a good enough explenation of dark and light. Yink’s idea however is in a way similar in description to a black hole.[quote=“Payinku, post:686, topic:33898”]
I’d change it a bit, based on mnog teridax’s ‘I am nothing’, the villains overarching element is shadow, nothingness, the antithesis of the toa, who create, Makuta only destroys, not even light escapes his power.
[/quote]

This isn’t Skylanders. The elements are based on aspects of the natural world based around what comprises them; stars would just fall under Plasma or Fire, depending on whether Plasma is merged with Fire or not. Assigning space to Shadow doesn’t make a lot of sense; especially if it’s to be something like what it was in G1.

1 Like

checks thread for first time in three days

Holy crap this has gotten out of hand…

7 Likes

Yes it has.

2 Likes

Take me with you!

4 Likes

Good luck.

It should be stated how completely ineffectual this topic is at it’s purpose. This stems from everyone constantly trying to make their own ideas heard rather than work toward some common consensus. What TTV should have done is review the results of this topic before the podcast to gauge the general feelings on it, then close this topic after the podcast and open a new one talking about their ideas for the elements. That way instead of talking about all of our ideas for the elements, we’d be debating which of their ideas we like best, this moving toward some sort of consensus since there would be a limited number of options. I also still don’t understand why they are allowing the spin-off topics to stay open or, in the case of some, reopening them after they’ve been closed, since they are obviously in violation of either the board rules or the Brickonicle category rules.

Ok, I’ll get off the soap box now.

2 Likes