Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

Funny as it is, I was thinking the exact opposite. Water-breathing is not a power that logically fits for the Matoran of Water.

I’m sure that you didn’t intend to sound like a jerk when you said this, but just so you know, you kinda did. It’s a matter of opinion. Feel free to ignore it, but it was just a suggestion.

Regarding Waterbreathing for Water Matoran: Since their element is Water (and the fact that their society and livelihoods might depend on their element), it makes the most logical sense if they naturally breathed water, much in the same way as the Matoran of Mahri Nui.

Regarding Opinion: I’m completely fine if we don’t agree on certain things, but I still enjoy constructive arguments for the sake of G3. As long as it’s civil, we can contest each other’s points as critically as possible.

Regarding Attitude: I apologize if my later comments sounded jerk-ish, I was just defending my position on why I think certain powers make sense for certain elements.

1 Like

[quote=“Bokarda, post:430, topic:34404”]
Regarding Waterbreathing for Water Matoran: Since their element is Water (and the fact that their society and livelihoods might depend on their element), it makes the most logical sense if they naturally breathed water, much in the same way as the Matoran of Mahri Nui.[/quote]

I can definitely get behind that; however, my understanding of your pitch included the idea that the Matoran lack this ability until they become Toa. That being the case, it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to give them water breathing as a default, since the Matoran would be relatively skilled with swimming without coming up for air to begin with.

[quote=“Bokarda, post:430, topic:34404”]Regarding Opinion: I’m completely fine if we don’t agree on certain things, but I still enjoy constructive arguments for the sake of G3. As long as it’s civil, we can contest each other’s points as critically as possible.

Regarding Attitude: I apologize if my later comments sounded jerk-ish, I was just defending my position on why I think certain powers make sense for certain elements.[/quote]

Don’t worry about it, man. I hope that you don’t mind that I pointed out how I felt, but it wasn’t a huge deal. Thanks for moving forward with me.

-Azani

Can Boom-Yan be added to the list? He is my favorite brickonicle fan character to date, and I will go start a petition, how many signatures will I need to make him canon?

Yeah…I doubt that is ever gonna happen. They aren’t really accepting Original Characters.

that’s not going to happen no matter what… even i know that.
but thanks i didn’t think anyone liked it that much.

i do wish he would be considered even as maybe a later character.
or at the minimum pick him apart for the ideas involved.

if people don’t know what i’m talking about is this

Does anybody have the original picture for this without the TTV Podcast stuff on it? I really like this artwork, I haven’t been paying much attention to Brickonicle so I wouldn’t know where it came from.

I’m not sure if they already discussed that, but does Protodermis exist in G3? And are there still mask-makers and the different types of Kanoha(Normal, Noble and Great)?

Speaking of moving forward, what Kanohi powers do you think would apply to Fire? Because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out a single one.

1 Like

Maybe something like the Mask of charisma, since the Toa of fire seems to be a champion/leader of sorts to the fire village?

Here are a few pitches I have for the story (if there’s a better place to pitch things, please correct me).

1. Toa Names
Personally I’m not a fan of the fact that the Toa have both Matoran names and Toa names. Is it truly necessary to introduce ambiguity by going from calling your main character Narmoto to then calling them Tahu?
I think it would make sense to just have the Toa called Tahu, Gali, etc. before becoming Toa. That way, you avoid the plot hole of “Why wouldn’t they just keep answering to their Matoran names?”

2. Changes to Earth
I like the changes the Earth element has taken, but recently it seems like the jungle theme has become the sole focus and Tiko might no longer be mostly underground.
Personally I always saw Earth in G3 as a command over ‘Mother Nature’, which also includes some of G1’s traditional powers like creating earthquakes. Powers over nature are completely justified in staying, however, and I see no reason why they can’t be the focus. However I’m a very big fan of Oomatu’s ‘underground grove’ kind of theme to the Earth region - it gives the impression that the Onu-Matoran are more in touch with the heart of the island and hence wiser. Too much focus on a jungle theme would be quite a departure from G1’s iconic underground theme in my opinion.
As a consequence of this change, Onu-Matoran could remain both wise and keep their mining traditions given their connection with the earth itself.

3. Other Elements
To prevent restriction of the lore to seven elements, a concept for (much) later years could be introduced or hinted at that there are more than six (or seven) elemental spirits for other elements. Perhaps the spirits belong to some sort of race but only the main six are known to influence Matoran culture on the island.

4. Turaga
Instead of reserving the title for select leader figures in Matoran culture, what about classifying them as former Toa?
Most of them could be hermit-like characters that study the elements and are a source of knowledge on how the Toa can hone their powers (if the new Toa can find them).

5. Matoran Choosing Elements
It seems G3 is following the trend of Matoran being born into a particular element, but what about giving them some choice?
Matoran could be born into a particular village and element, and hence have a natural attunement to the elemental god of that region, such that it is easier for them to learn how to use limited elemental powers for that region. However if they choose, they can travel to another region and learn to adapt and weakly control another element, which would put less restriction on canon and be an opportunity for some interesting character backstories.
I think it would be best if a Matoran can only be attuned to one element at a time, and the process of changing is long, difficult and somewhat unconventional. However if they left their region with only a basic control over their element, their connection to the region’s elemental god would fade and they would lose some of their powers.
Edit: This could impose changes on the Lighting tribe’s origins, which I build upon in my next post (#426).

Actually, and idea I thought of was that there exist no seventh elemental god or spirit and that the element of Lightning was a creation of the Matorans.
Which would be a good reason for why Makuta would be rather angry at this new tribe, not because Ekimu or karzahni created a new tribe and broke an agreement, but because the Matorans were creating a new element all on their own.
The element of Lightning would be a good reason to justify Makuta’s dislike of the Matorans sentience because he believes that the Matorans will destroy themselves or rise and over throw the three brothers with their new elements.
There is also the possibility that they could even end up rejecting the three brothers and no longer look at them as all-powerful deities.

Also, im working on some background info for the Rahkshi. Plus some other things.

The Matoran ‘creating’ an element is interesting, though using my proposal, it could just be that the element of Lightning was discovered and harnessed by nomadic Matoran from other villages, but was frowned upon because of its destructive capability and its association with the seventh elemental God, who is either mischievous or is in league with Makuta.

You could also introduce the idea that the sub-element of Shadow is what gives the Rahkshi their powers, and that Makuta is the ‘pseudo-elemental God’ of that element. Given Makuta’s weakness and the fact he is not a true spirit, he cannot create Toa but creates ‘perverted Toa’, i.e. Rahkshi.

It’s a title that’s become their identity. Narmoto is “Tahu” the same way Donald Blake is Thor.

We were never able to find another element that we were happy with, or that had enough visual punch in order to warrant another element. Frankly, the wide range of new elements in the later years of Bionicle was something most of us didn’t really like, and we would rather that not be repeated.[quote=“Hazash, post:439, topic:34404”]
Instead of reserving the title for select leader figures in Matoran culture, what about classifying them as former Toa?
[/quote]

As of this point, there have not been any Toa for hundreds of years, long enough for them to become a myth. Any former Toa are dead.

This one could be addressed. I’m not opposed to the idea.

It has not been discussed. I’m pretty sure we’re not going with the different types of Kanohi, though.

3 Likes

[[quote=“Bokarda, post:437, topic:34404, full:true”]
Speaking of moving forward, what Kanohi powers do you think would apply to Fire? Because I cannot, for the life of me, figure out a single one.
[/quote]

may sound stupid but literally fire walking like being able to stand in or around lava and not well i may sound morbid but “melt”

or if you going with the idea that they develop natural powers like how some frogs in real life can breath under water. i think it might be something like avatar and this will apply to all tribes where they can “bend” the element of that tribe a little like fire matoran can make a small fire ball in there hand when there in the dark like a cave. or ice matoran can make ice spikes in there hands and feet so they don’t slip on ice or can climb the cliffs.

i like the idea of having natural powers(like water breathing, fire walking, resistance to cold, i’m working on ideas for the other tribes) and gifted powers.

I don’t think it would work if there was a seventh elemental god and if he was working with Makuta or was evil.

an idea i have is that when the matorans made the seventh element of Lightning, the other elemental tribes grew interested in getting that power for themself, seeing it as a possible weapon for war. This would spark the first civil war between the Matorans which ultimatly ended with the Lightning Matorans using an EMP to shut down all of the technology on the island, including their own. After doing this they then desited to lock up the secrets on the lightning element, and thus leaving the now forgotten ruins of the lightning tribes. Many years later the other tribes however still tells stories on how the lightning tribe “cursed the island”.

its because of these events that Makuta would have a good reason to dislike Sentience, because he belive that the sentience Ekimu granted the Matorans will only cause more wars and eventually devestating destruction on the island.

regarding my Rahkshi background info, these are the ideas i have for the motivations for each of the Rahkshi:
Lerahk: Wishes for Vizuna to return his affection for her.
Guurak: Wants to regain his title as the greatest swimmer on the island.
Panrahk: To pay his dept to the Brotherhood for saving his son’s life.
Kurahk: Revenge on Izotor for costing him his rank in the royal guard and for his exile from the Kingdom.
Vorahk: Desiers the vast knowledge and wisdom from the Earth temples, which his impatient cost him.
Turahk: Revenge on the leaders of the Fire region for his banishment.

there are some more info going for these motivations, these are just short versions of them.

3 Likes

when are “they” (the ttv cast) going to properly talk about rahi?
if at all.

i understand they have lists to get through. and might not care or want to talk about rahi.
and yes i know rahi are not a huge plot point in the story.

1 Like

is the water village underwater like the gungan city in starwars or is it just on the shore?

5 Likes

I would refer to Oomatus Artwork by now.

The city of sails.

ok i know i have posted a lot in the last bit on this thread but can i get you guys honest opinion on this brickonicle picture (in my little spin off idea maybe I right my own little story) (p.s his color is not purple its like a dark pink)

I have more things posted in the comments in this post

old pictures before i properly added color

1 Like