Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

An interesting thought. They were destined for “great things.”

I suppose that would depend on how TTV want to apply their individual personalities.

1 Like

After finishing the latest podcast, I think I’ve come up with a decent idea to introduce the Turaga in a way that doesn’t make them the leader and/or ruler of their respective region. You mentioned about having a Religion in which there are elemental gods. Well, why not have the Turaga as monk/spiritual types? These would be six beings who have devoted their life to the cause of the gods, and people the Toa could seek spiritual and moral guidance with. They would just be normal village elders, but would be highly attuned to their respective element. To try and use an example, imagine the Toa are like Jedi and the Turaga would be Chirrut Imwe. Someone who can not use the force, but knows it’s there and can feel it.

And if you really what to get into it, you could have the leading bodies clash heads with the Turaga about their importance to the island, and have a spiritual and real world division. Maybe because the Toa have taken so long to be “reborn”, a lot of Atahka’s inhabitants may feel like they had been forsaken or maybe even thought the Toa to be a myth to begin with.

I think this way, you can have the Turaga still fit the same sort of role they did in G1 for the Toa and the Matoran in the wisdom and guidance side of things, but they would have no power or say in what happens over the island.

4 Likes

That is one possible route. But, I still think they might drop the term “Turaga,” with its very specific connotations, and go with some more general, like “mystic” or “guru.”

Actually, it might be interesting if some regions used different terms (priest, mystic, guru) for these elders, but that could be confusing from a marketing standpoint.

1 Like

i may remind of you I am the one making a G3, I started this, NOT those guys.

3 Likes

More then one person can imagine what a third generation of Bionicles would be like.

3 Likes

You’re in the wrong forum buddy, this category is for the official TTV G3 project “Brickonicle”.

You’re more then free to continue your G3 in your own topic.

12 Likes

Now I remember was mentioned that when a matoran becomes a toa they assume the name of that toa. Matoran Hali would become Toa Gali. However, I think that from a marketing and story telling standpoint that would become confusing. You would over time accumulate so many Galis and Tahus and then trying to remember which toa was which matoran would be confusing. In addition, every new toa set would always have the same name, so it would seem to someone who’s not really wrapped in the story that they’re getting the same toas each year. What if instead of saying Toa Tahu and the original matoran was Jaller, one would say Tahu Jaller and the word toa is just a word meaning protector and guardian, but isn’t apart of their title. FYI I am soo behind this system G3 thing you guys are doing and I think that the way this is being approached and the ideas that come out of it have been fantastic!

2 Likes

How about "Toa "

Example;
Toa Kapura Tahu

Something like that, pretty confusion but still

1 Like

I think that would make the names too long and if you’re going to greet someone with respect (like from a tohunga speaking to a toa) you wouldn’t want to say Toa Kapura Tahu, but Tahu Kapura is easier and more practical to say. It’s like addressing your professor “Mr. Jones” instead of “Professor Mr. Jones”. Maybe you could put that on the box art, but idk. It seems a bit long. Also, I think people really get attached to names. It defines one’s character. For example, in G1 if someone says, “My favorite toa is Vakama”, you know who that is, it defines him, his personality etc. Now if the names are all the same and someone says, what is your favorite toa tahu, it’s get a little murky as to defining that character and then the people would have to reffer to the original matoran names. Also, the personalities of those toa would undoubtedly change from different toa groups and if I saw Tahu and I think of him as a tough guy and the next Tahu is sensitive, it would be weird to read his name and whatever sensitive quote he has to follow.

1 Like

there is allways the doctor who path, were in we call them not by a name but by a number, like the First Doctor, the Second Doctor ovs.

but the difference here is that the Doctor who doctors all were the same persion but in different physical appearances, were as here its different people but who all gain the appearance of the Toa.

Just as an example, the current version of Tahu would possibly be refered to as the Twelfth Tahu, or something like that.

2 Likes

That is a good point, but doesn’t that kind of depersonalizes each character? It almost makes each character less special then. Kind of like why prisoners are given numbers to replace their names, so they lose their identity and significance.

It makes sense why it works for the Doctor, because he is just one character, but then again in a movie, they aren’t trying to sell 12 different characters or sets. After a while, someone might think, I have so many Tahus why would I want another>

1 Like

@Azon,
Can I ask if you found it confusing when Takua became Takanuva?

1 Like

I feel like someone else has probably brought this up already, but I think it would be interesting to make it so that that not all the villages (or nations, cities, whatever they choose to be called) get along all the time. Like there’s no all out war or anything, but maybe the more natural systems of the earth village has gotten into disputes with say the fire village in the past so there’s some tension. This type of thing could even build over the years between some of the villages, with the toa maybe having to eventually intervene. This could also strengthen the unity message Bionicle’s always been about, with the tribes learning that despite their differences they are all still together, and could be an excuse to focus on the Matoran characters and how their governments work.

Again there doesn’t have to be an all out civil war or anything, but that conflict could serve as sort of the B-Plot for a few years.

5 Likes

I see what you’re trying to say, but then again there aren’t 4 or 5 Takanuvas you need to keep track of. Changing the name of a character isn’t confusing, but changing many characters to all have the same name may be.

3 Likes

Maybe, but I still don’t think if will be that big a problem.

Personally, I think the added layer of complexity would make it a little more appealing.

1 Like

Okay, April Fools is over… does everything go back to normal now?

3 Likes

They are getting the same Toa every year. We aren’t completely replacing our main characters every single year, for as long as G3 is running we are going to be sticking the with same 6 Toa characters throughout.

2 Likes

Are we having avatar-style convos with the previous toa?

I need that…

4 Likes

I would say that the different toa teams that we know already are really just different sets of toa mantles, some of those mantles got lost to time or were destroyed. The team created after the toa that we were first introduced to, the team with Hahli and Jaller, were just a new set of toa mantles that the great spirits(or however the mantles will be created) created/forged in a time of need when the current wearers of the toa mantles were in trouble or were stuck and needed help.

1 Like

@BioToa7,

Well, If we ever go island-hopping, it would make sense that we would meet different Toa mantles than those “native” to Artakah.

Maybe not full teams, but perhaps the occasional new Toa (like Lesovikk in G1).

3 Likes