Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

I was think more like Children of Atom, but that works too…

I thought about using them as an example, but I think the Children of the Cathedral work best because they actually follow the main antagonist(The Master) and work with Super Mutants.

Makes Sense…

I asked @Oomatu if he could draw the Bohrok idea i mention yesterday:

what i wanted the image to give off was the same kind of mystery and menace that the old Bohrok promo animation gave off, which i think he did a really good job in doing.

what do you guys think?

17 Likes

They remind me of a lot metal gear rays. I think that really works seeing as it gives them a more alien and threatening appearance.

1 Like

@Jon can you add a post saying whenever the OP gets updated so that people will know to go check it, otherwise there is no sort of notification that it’s been edited.

3 Likes

So I have a question regarding the matorans culture and earth as a element. In G1 every koro and matoran had their own specialty’s and trades on mata nui related to their region and element.

Ta-Matoran: Guards/Defense force
Le-Matoran: Music makers and art
Ga-Matoran: Fishing
Ko-Matoran: Historians
Po-Matoran: Carvers, art and sports
Onu-Matoran: Miners

Is this something that will kept or considered important in G3? And if earth is now more focused on dirt, soil and nature rather than rock what will their trade or jobs be? Mining wouldn’t really fit with how G3’s element of earth works.

3 Likes

I think if they keep the villages specialties, Onu-Matoran could switch to agriculture, would make more sense since now they are related more to soil and plantlife than underground and rocks,

2 Likes

Agreed; and Po would switch to mining/prospecting, which also factors in to crystal being a part of stone now.

But Le is something else I think should be altered. I’m not satisfied with how most people are representing G3 Le as essentially being representative of the Renaissance or Ancient Greece. Music and dance, absolutely; but painting, poetry, architecture, perhaps even philosophy? Those arts seem too calm and thoughtful for the bouncy Le-Matoran. I see Le as being more Pacific Islander in culture, very tribal-esque. They live right above the jungle, a perilous (but fun) place, and so have learned to hunt with their avian Rahi friends. They dance and sing around the campfire and love to tell stories, worshiping their creator(s) with each new tune they play (a throwback to Le-Koro’s trait of Faith from MNOG2).

6 Likes

I think that Le would be the leaders of Rahi-taming and gambling. Like, since a lot of Rahi and born and bred there, their main industry is trading and selling the beasts to other Koros, and within their Koro there is a bunch of Rahi-fights and Kane-Ra-Bull-Riding and stuff like that. That would satiate both the area in which they are and their kind-of wildness.

1 Like

Yeah, I could definitely see that. Though gambling I’d associate more with the Po-Matoran. The Po-Matoran, at least in my pitch, are the more secretive of the villages (as a result of their location and nomadic tendencies), with a strong focus on the market and trading with other Koros (since they live in the desert and don’t have access to many resources). They’re still a very friendly people, but their creativity makes them crafty, which is where the aspect of gambling comes into play. Not to mention they’re arguably the richest of the Koros, considering the access they have to rare minerals with their mining/prospecting industry.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty interesting idea. I could see both gambling. Though, if there was any mob ring or something on Mata Nui, it would definitely stem from Po-Koro, with all the money they have.

1 Like

And a group of Po-Matoran would make the perfect bandits! Perhaps the Po-Wahi desert sits between two other regions and has to be traversed to get from one to the other (barring air and sea travel). Po raiders could make quite a profit stalking the dunes.

1 Like

And who could lead them other then the crafty and cunning Po-Koro vendor, Ahkmou?

5 Likes

There ya go, LOL. Ahkmou leads a double life in G3 as he did in G1, but it’s a bit different - instead of selling poisoned Kolhii balls, he sells goods he stole from travelers.

7 Likes

That’s just what I was going to propose. Great minds think alike, as has been proven multiple times throughout this G3 planning.

2 Likes

Ahkmou could be a member of the brotherhood of Makuta that has been hiring the Po-Matoran raiders to get some profit, or just using them as mercenaries.

5 Likes

i would go more towards having Ahkmou stealing important object from the elders/turaga and giving them to the Brotherhood.

2 Likes

I think it’d be fun to just have him steal from everybody, so he’s a nuisance on both sides of the conflict.

1 Like

I pictured Ahkmou having a much larger role in G3. First as the leader of the Brotherhood of Makuta, then turns into the leader of the Rahkshi. Eventually he is turned back into a Matoran where he would likely be mistrusted by all and forced into a life of crime, before finally being transformed into a Toa of Shadow and becoming more of an anti-hero.

5 Likes