Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

Even thought I wouldnt buy any of the sets if it was an official thing, I love what you guys are doing with the story and canon of this thing you could call a “project”
Also, is Voriki female too?
Just like @Torma did with his drawing, I would love 4 female characters and three males

Last I heard, that is exactly what they were leaning towards.

The latest recipient of the power is female.

I’m pretty sure that the Toa Spirit isn’t an actual person, but I could be mistaken. (I think the “first Lewa” was male, so you’re not really wrong)

1 Like

I’d rather lewa start off a female matoran than have some rando chick just get called lewa, same for the others.
This is the main reason I’m against the current ‘toa spirits’, just let it be the power of the toa rather than its own entities, I’m not a massive fan of the elemental gods idea, I’d rather we go with the three brothers idea that’s been floating around, but either way I’d rather whatever gods are chosen grant the chosen heroes ‘toa spirit’ rather than some spoopy ghost showing up and going “what’s up, you’re gonna play me for a bit k?”.

Sounds like the polar opposite to me, but perhaps I’m simply misunderstanding.

I’m not going to get into this again, I’ve lost the patience,
but for my morbid curiosity, may I ask why?

Because shaking things up a bit is great, a team with more males than females is pretty stereotypical, I just like the idea,

The “Toa Spirits,” are just things created by the elemental Gods to turn Matoran into Toa. These Spirits have been held by many predecessors, and thus have a sort of “pedigree.”
:confused:

The name is meant to be part of a title system, it’s like the how Pope never uses his real name, but always takes the name of a previous saint/predecessor (hence names like Leo XIII and John XXIII). So the if it helps you can think of this current Lewa as “Lewa CCXXV.”

I personally feel that this gives the mythos a bit of depth. :slight_smile:

Sounds very much to me like they have their own consciousness.

And I don’t like it, ‘toa’ is sufficient enough a title. It feels like a contrived way to include the mata’s names.
It should be the g3 (toa name) not the current g3 (toa name).

That actually makes it considerably worse thanks.

And I… hang on,

To clarify, the toa should have the same names as when they are matoran, which should be the toa mata, the ‘toa spirit’ should be referred to as such and not divided by element.

1 Like

Oh, I see the problem. The subject of “bestow” is the elemental Gods, not the Toa spirits. I would have made the same mistake if I hadn’t listened to the podcasts. (Yet another reason why the Passive Voice is grammatically incorrect :stuck_out_tongue: )

I see. Well, fair enough, I guess its just a matter of taste. :slight_smile:

I thought it was clever consider “Tahu,” “Gali,” “Lewa,” etc just mean “Fire,” “Water,” “Air,” etc.

Fair enough. So long as the Toa aren’t literal clones of their predecessors I don’t have a problem with it myself. It’s not as though their original names are never going to be used again.

I’m not sure what you mean by “Toa Spirit.” Are you talking about something like G1 Toa Power?

The latter.

There’s a distinction you’ll learn of when the podcast comes out tomorrow.

5 Likes

Very well,
That aside, if you’re going to use the mata’s names for the toa that should be their actual names, not titles, not the names of some spoopy spirits, honestly it feels kinda half hearted to have the toa and have them be referred to as the mata but it’s actually just some rando’s.
In other words, at least make the toa the toa, even with all the changes you guys are making it just feels wrong to not just make those their actual names.

Well this is doomed

1 Like

I agree, but only to a degree. Makuta definitely retain a level of power that rivals the Toa’s - not by a lot, necessarily (i.e. G1 where he had like 42 abilites), but by enough that it’s evident the Toa don’t have a hope without “upgraded” forms, or some other sort of intervention.

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m still for Tren Krom, God of Chaos. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Interesting concept. Wouldn’t it make more sense for him to be a god of order? (Or a god of knowledge more fittingly)

An absolute authoritarian, who wants complete control so that things run exactly how he’s planned.
I’m totally on board with this.

2 Likes

sorry but we allready have a Lovecraftian being who is the god of Knowledge:

Hermaeus Mora

now here is an interensting idea to possibly tie this Tren Krom idea to the first years.
What if Tren Krom is the one who gave the Brotherhood of Makuta the knowledge on how to bring Makuta back to life?

3 Likes

Note to self, get Skyrimm. :relaxed:

Honestly, I think incorporating both these ideas would work beautifully. :thumbsup:

1 Like

In my pitch, Tren Krom is like his G1 self, but malevolent. In G1 he was very heavily inspired by Cthulu, which is why I thought he deserved the title of “God of Chaos”. “God of Order/Knowledge” sounds a bit too benevolent for what I was thinking, but I could get behind the way Payinku described it:

I see G3 Tren Krom as being the end-all be-all source of corruption and evil - a true villain. I definitely think he should have some involvement from the very start.

2 Likes

yeah and when i think of Jon’s wish to retain Makuta’s role as a mastermind, i find it interesting to think of him, the Inteligence behind the Bohrok swarm and Tren Krom as being the main chess masters, who all are using the Toa as their pawns in order to achive their goals. Makuta wanting to destroy the Bohrok and end their threat to all no matter how far he needs to go, the Bohrok who wish to gain freedom from their need to devouer entire islands to survive and finely Tren Krom, who is pulling all of their strings in order to create his idea of order in the world.

Its an interesting idea for there to be this unknown battle of wits that the Toa are not aware off.

The whole thing could turn into a spy vs. spy ordeal with the higher powers.

Honestly, a “chess match” going on between the villains “behind the scenes” would be a great part of an extended series, so long as it didn’t get too convoluted.

It was made very clear in previous writings that, while the G1 Term Krom was not actually evil, he very much could have been.

This actually reminds me of something Kahi said earlier.

I think this fits in quite nicely. So Tren Krom can be the all-powerful Dark Lord, pushing for ultimate control, while Makuta, (whether good or evil) can be engaged in a series of complex schemes to overtake and undermine that power.

3 Likes

I second that.

Exactly. Tren Krom is about raw power, and Makuta about craftiness, which results in the latter - who is (one one way or another) fully aware of the plots of the Evil One - attempting to manipulate things in his own favor. And it could come down to a direct confrontation between the two as they vye for power over the universe.

3 Likes