Brickonicle G3: Official TTV Canon List [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters][Pitch]

Okay, this whole thing sounds amazing.

1 Like

Thanks.

That being said, I donā€™t think that Tren Krom, should be brought up in the first three years as more than a passing influence over the Brotherhood. Lets us play up Makuta a bit, for the sake of subverting expectations.

1 Like

That could work with my idea of him being good; In his attempts to prevent a coming attack from Tren Krom, and the whole Brotherhood thing, the Matoran perceive him as evil, until itā€™s too late.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, definitely not. If anything he should only be referenced a couple of times by a mysterious name, and nothing else (except maybe a tease at the end of arc.) For example, something as simple as a Matoran exclaiming, ā€œNot even the Fearmonger could cause such carnageā€¦ā€

I like that idea, but I also donā€™t think Makuta should be necessarily good, either. As others have already brought up (and as you may already intend), Makuta would fit the role of a chaotic good anti-hero pretty perfectly. He still wants some form of domination over the Matoran people, but he recognizes Tren Krom as the primary threat to this wish.

3 Likes

The beautiful thing is that it can go either way. :imp:
Maybe Makuta was the loyal servant, and misunderstood savior that they all needed, but didnā€™t deserve. Or maybe, heā€™s a villain who ā€œsteps out from the behind the curtainā€ and reveals his master plan of manipulating the Toa into defeating his one rival. It sets up for both.

(I think that its a good idea to leave a bit of flexibility for these long term plans)

I think ā€œthe Hideous Oneā€ would be a bit more fitting as a title, but thatā€™s the general idea. Iā€™m not saying he couldnā€™t be referenced, but it would always be just a name, without explanation.

3 Likes

That is true. I wouldnā€™t mind both ways.

And on your last thing, I think thatā€™s actually what a lot of people are forgetting in this whole G3 endeavor; we have to be flexible when planning for it.

2 Likes

Only gripe I have with that title is that if the Shadowed One exists in this universe, there may be some confusion.

Speaking of, though, I canā€™t help but think of just how many ways there are for the Dark Hunters to be involved in all of thisā€¦

5 Likes

Maybe the Po-Raiders could be an extension of the Dark Hunters, and they reach to all the different Koros; there is a Hunter for every Koro, and The Shadowed One lives the in the middle of island, running everything from under the Kini Nui.

1 Like

Exactly.

I would also appreciate @Payinkuā€™s thoughts on this.

(Jedi, I nearly tagged you as well for a second opinion. Forgot who I was talking to. :laughing:)

I good point, although admittedly I never really liked that title (always getting it confused with the ā€œMaster of Shadowsā€). Itā€™s a shame that he didnā€™t have any other names.

2 Likes

Concerning the Po-Raiders being involved, I was thinking of something nearly identical (again) - except that instead of all of them playing a part, itā€™s olā€™ Ahkmou at it again. :laughing: Little did anybody know, he was a Dark Hunter the whole time!

Jokes aside, the idea of the Shadowed One dwelling beneath the center of the island would be an insane (and satisfyingly disturbing) twist in a future arc. My only issue with it is that the Dark Hunters feel more suited to be based on another island somewhere else, closer to areas of better opportunity.

Honestly, it wasnā€™t my favorite, either.

2 Likes

I always felt that the Dark Hunters were grossly underutilized in G1, and in a possible 4th year onward, the Shadowed One and his posse could be the main villains, as a kind of implacable and untouchable evil. So they really wouldnā€™t be there in the first 3 years, maybe as minor annoyances. But then when the all-powerful evil is taken out, be it Makuta or Tren-Krom, thereā€™s a power vacuum and thatā€™s when they step in.
And Ahkmou the Dark Hunter would be flippinā€™ amazinā€™.

2 Likes

Again, I like the idea, but I feel it doesnā€™t make much sense knowing who the DHs are. Theyā€™re a merc org out for profit, and I canā€™t see how hiding beneath the islandā€™s surface would especially benefit them.

Tren Krom should be the endgame villain, IMO. For two reasons: one, heā€™d obviously be the most powerful (if thatā€™s the direction weā€™re taking). And two, there would be a straight up Makuta vs. Tren Krom confrontation, and thatā€™s totally climax/pre-climax material.

3 Likes

I feel like basing the Dark Hunters on ā€œOkoto-Nuiā€ (or whatever we are calling the new Island) would make them a bit too small and local, but then again that seems to be working with the Brotherhood.

2 Likes

True, but here they could be more like a mob ring or something. Meh, Iā€™m open to suggestions.

They could be completely foreign, finding Okoto-Nui and seeing it as fresh fruit ripe for the picking, as one of the purest Protodermis deposits in the world.

1 Like

Well, the Brotherhood as TTV has described it seems to be nothing more than a sect of Matoran cultists found only on the island and nowhere else. So it makes more sense for them to be small and local than it does for the big, bad Dark Hunters.

The Po-Raiders (and perhaps other Koro bandit groups) that have been discussed above kinda fill that role, though. I think the Dark Hunters should be saved for something on a larger scale.

4 Likes

Yeah, I guess youā€™re right. Eh, just spitballing here.

2 Likes

I think the Po-Raiders could have connections to the Dark Hunters (they could be involved with smuggling goods off the island), without being directly part of/in contact with the organization.

They way I see the dark hunters, theyā€™re not just mercs and bountyhunters, they are the greatest crime ring in the world. I always found it weird in G1 that the Dark Hunters fought wars against Metru-Nui and the dark hunters. I understand a mob-boss putting a bounty on someone over a slight, but a full-blown war seems tooā€¦unprofitable long-term.

4 Likes

Well, if we have the Dark Hunters be mostly Bounty Hunters, we need a Brickonicle equivalent of Deadpool. :laughing:

That would be Vezon, m8.

6 Likes

#VezonforDeadpool2017

4 Likes