Brickonicle idea

So, I’ve always thought that gen3 should be a mix of CCBS characters and brick-built sets. So what if each set had a unique mask? I think this would be cool, because you could again collect masks, and it would work kind of well even without the CCBS characters.

4 Likes

I like it.

Don’t they already have unique masks? Each Toa has their own mask that you would get when you buy them.

2 Likes

Seeing how Lego has done CCBS part on sets before, I don’t see why the heck not.

I think the cast recently decided they weren’t going to make CCBS figures*, therefore adding CCBS masks would be useless to people getting into the theme and drive up the cost of the set because of the new mold.
Adding unique Bionicle minifigure masks would work but as @UltimateMustacheX said, this already accomplished with the Toa/Matoran masks. So, all the sets theoretically already have unique masks and the collectability comes from getting them in all the elemental tribes’ colors much like G1.

*If I am mistaken on this, this idea may work but I find it unlikely do to the reasons written above.

3 Likes

from what i remember, the cast agreed on there being CCBS figures. But they would do it like Chima. As in, these CCBS figures would be Brickonicle’s ultrabuild figures.

1 Like

I believe they said they decided against doing CCBS figures in a recent brainstorm podcast when they were discussing art styles.

you better go and check if your right.

1 Like

fixed the tiitle

If there were no CCBS figures, I was thinking that for instance, there would be different colored Mirus in A bigger Lewa set. Sorry if you can’t understand the wording, but I failed Sesame Street, so I no good English.

1 Like

So are you saying a recolored Mirus mask from G1 or recolored Brickonicle Mirus minifigure mask? I am not sure on LEGO’s policy on bringing molds out of retirement but if they would, I could definitely see either of these working great. If they would have to create a new mold though, I don’t think it would be justified.

@DarkHenrik, checking.
Edit: I am having a hard time finding it, so I have taken the easy route and messaged Jon. This should give us a more reliable answer anyways as the cast are constantly changing what is and isn’t canon. I will share his answer after he replies.

3 Likes

No, like minifig Mirus for the other Toa.

1 Like

I believe the Toa masks were also going to be used for the Matoran, so the different colors should exist throughout the sets. Adding dual molded mask would be cool though.

Well, it’s still along the lines of what I was thinking.

1 Like

Indeed, I really like the idea of having collectible masks and was just trying think how we might realize it.
Another option could be exclusive printing.

We could also extend the use of these to exclusive pieces included in a Minifigure series for the line.

1 Like

@RAKRONDEWL But that would have to be more than just Toa.
@Asriel Thanks!